your spurs first 11 (fit atm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it isn't the strongest side atm but if you were to play spurs today who would you pick? I would choose this starting 11.
Dempsey for me has had too many chances and I feel Siggy deserves a chance up front as a false 9. Siggy also dribbles so smooth and has a wicked shot. When bale comes in Siggy can drop back and Holtby can go out. If the players are rotating like that then we can be deadly and so hard to mark. I feel bale comes in too much and congests the middle. When he is out wide we stretch them. We should have pumped wba 0-3.
Another interesting choice was Caulker over dawson. Dawson has been amazing but i feel Caulker offers a better threat at set pieces. Holtby is already showing his class, link up play is sweet.
I'm not saying Dempsey should never play again but give Siggy more time and make Dempsey the impact off the bench. Adebayor wasn't forgotten but I feel he has been wasteful aswell. A stint on the bench will make him hungry. Thoughts?

Lloris
Walker, Caulker, Vertonghen, Bae
Parker, Dembele
Lennon, Holtby, Bale
Sigurdsson

For me personally Ade has to start there - his hold-up play and overall link up is far superior, offering considerably more versatility as an outlet (most importantly) - while Sig is an attacking mid who appears terribly short of confidence (and subsequenly form) whose best position is behind the striker.

He is getting wasted as a bit part player though. Is ade link up really better. He may hold it up well but he does tend to fumble around with the ball too much and wastes golden chances. Siggy is tall, has great feet and a power shot. He isn't taking holtbys place. It's his after to sub appearances lol

Personally, I think Dempsey and Siggy are essentially the same player, both were brought in to somehow alleviate VDV's departure, but neither is really a suitable replacement.... But Holtby might be!!!

Once the squad is settled, I can see Dempsey & Siggy being used as efficient, useful substitutes, but no more than that. Neither is an upgrade on what we already had.. But Holtby might be!!!

Dempsey and Siggy not only sound like an '80s cop show, they pretty much ARE the 'good cop bad cop' equivalent of eachother.... They will prove to be valued members of the squad, but the thought of either of them leading the line gives me shivers, even IF Sunday worked out, it felt like a one-off, needs-must gamble that somehow worked out!

Ade or Defoe with Holtby or Bale behind them is just about as strong as we've got now!

Maybe I'm getting carried away with siggy as a striker but if I had the choice of playing him or Dempsey it would be siggy everyday. Siggy isn't living up to expectation because he never plays. I'm glad Dempsey finally scored against man u because he had chance after chance and wasted it. I'm not avb but I would have subbed him five minutes after he kicked it right at De gea when dembele put him through. There is quality in siggy and maybe If the squad is fully fit he can't start but when we use a loan striker he should be preferred over Dempsey. If we keep ignoring him he will sign for a Liverpool and he will come back to haunt us. Next time he comes on with 5 mins remaining watch his touches

Personally, I think Dempsey and Siggy are essentially the same player, both were brought in to somehow alleviate VDV's departure, but neither is really a suitable replacement.... But Holtby might be!!!

Once the squad is settled, I can see Dempsey & Siggy being used as efficient, useful substitutes, but no more than that. Neither is an upgrade on what we already had.. But Holtby might be!!!

Dempsey and Siggy not only sound like an '80s cop show, they pretty much ARE the 'good cop bad cop' equivalent of eachother.... They will prove to be valued members of the squad, but the thought of either of them leading the line gives me shivers, even IF Sunday worked out, it felt like a one-off, needs-must gamble that somehow worked out!

Ade or Defoe with Holtby or Bale behind them is just about as strong as we've got now!
Defoe is injured otherwise I wouldn't bother asking lol

Sorry, I thought you meant 'in an ideal world'!!
I'd still probably go for Bale/Holtby behind Ade or Dempsey at a push until Defoe is back... Siggy can still 'do a job for the squad' elsewhere... i'm just not sure where yet!

:gylfi:

Adebayor is a confidence player put him in the bench when we don't have a striker and it will crush him.
I agree but if he doesn't come good for 3 games while Defoe is out then something should be tried as we didn't sign a quality striker this window. Siggy would have bee crushed that we signed holtby too. Life I guess

Why not? We played dempsey and there is talks of bale doing it

Because Sigurdsson isn't physically strong enough.

You need at least one player in your front two to be capable of at least challenging centre backs for headers or you have no "out ball" whatsoever.

With current personnel Sigurdsson is only ever going to get a run in the team if Adebayor is playing a head of him.

Because Sigurdsson isn't physically strong enough.

You need at least one player in your front two to be capable of at least challenging centre backs for headers or you have no "out ball" whatsoever.

With current personnel Sigurdsson is only ever going to get a run in the team if Adebayor is playing a head of him.
because Defoe is massive? Siggy is the same size as Dempsey so that is a flawed reason

Back
Top Bottom