Your most celebrated Spurs goal...?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In games I've been to:
Rose v Woolwich
Lennon v West Ham - injury time (came from 1-0 down to win 2-1, went top of the league)
Kranjcar v Bolton - 2-1 injury time (gooners 4-0 down, Newcastle equalise and we go on to win because the atmosphere went up about ten levels).
Kaboul v Villa. Mental.

Aside from that.
Stalteri v West Ham
Crouch v City and Milan
Kaboul v Woolwich
Bale v West Ham

Plus Nielsen and Woodgate.

Stalteri vs west ham
Berba's pen vs chelski in the cup final - such relief!
Dembele in Lyon

I would have had Bale's in there from Monday had I not have missed it!

Gazza's free kick at Wembley

Bale's last minute winner against Spammers. I found myself stripped down naked on my knees in front of the TV doing the heart shape at Bale and AVB with my hands. Wife was worried for my mental state.

Kaboul - Woolwich away
Pav's last minute goal against Liverpool at home
Woodgate vs Chelsea. 1st and only silverware I've seen spurs win.
Dembele vs Lyon
Lennon 4-4!
OOOOHHHH ITS DANNNNNY ROOOOOSSSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUUUUUUT!
Dempsey vs United at home

Those goals at the top of my head.

"Is Gascoigne going to have a crack...,?
He is you know....
Oooh I say..... Schoolboy's own stuff!"

Cue bedlam in the Spurs end at Wembley!!
Goal celebrations don't come much better imho!

On a more 'clinical' note... what is it that makes a CLASSIC goal celebration?

I'd say there are 3 very different types:

GOAL 1) THE UNEXPECTED WORDLY - usually accompanied by the following phrase: "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, WE'VE FUCKING SCORED, OH MY GOD!" (See exhibit a. BALE v West Ham, the other night)

GOAL 2) THE GOAL THAT SEALS THE COMEBACK (WIN OR DRAW, INTERESTINGLY ENOUGH) - stock phrase: "we've done it, we've done it, fucking yes!" (See exhibit b. BALE v West Ham, the other night)

GOAL 3) THE LAST MINUTE WINNER - standard reaction; random noises accompanied by wildly flailing body parts, mixed with a surreal bedlam - (See exhibit c. BALE v West Ham, the other night!!!)

In games I've been to:
Rose v Woolwich
Lennon v West Ham - injury time (came from 1-0 down to win 2-1, went top of the league)
Kranjcar v Bolton - 2-1 injury time (gooners 4-0 down, Newcastle equalise and we go on to win because the atmosphere went up about ten levels).
Kaboul v Villa. Mental.

Surely proof positive that a decent, loud, frenetic level of support CAN lift the players to grab an unlikely win... it was surreal that day, almost as if the crowd MADE us win because the timing of the Newcastle equaliser galvanised our support so much... shame it took a Gooner collapse to generate that kind of atmosphere mind!

Lennon vs Chelsea a few years ago - Robbie Keane sent over a deflected cross and Lennon sold a dummy to JT (I think) then scored for the first win against them in about eighty years (probably).

Oh and the equaliser against Man U recently. I almost literally roared.

Back
Top Bottom