Your first Spurs game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First Post!

November 2nd, 2015 at home vs. Aston Villa

Spurs 3 - 1 Aston Villa

I visited London for the second time and didn't want to miss an English 'soccer' (Im American) game again. I told myself whoever had tickets available i would just root for the home team and they would become my favorite team. I went to the websites of all the teams playing home matches that weekend and Tottenham made it TOO easy to buy tickets. I didn't even know which teams were good but when I went to the match, it was just an amazing experience. I am also glad they were a great team lol!

I liked them so much, I went to the season finale at Newcastle. Too bad that game was a disaster. I had a great time.

p.s - I don't think anyone can EVER call me a bandwagon fan. I had no idea how good they were and I've already been to TWO games overseas!

Amazing!

Last edited:
November 6, 2011

Fulham 1 - 3 Spurs

Went into halftime up 2 nil but Fulham battered us second half. Felt like Fulham were surely going to get an equaliser but up popped Defoe to make it 3-1 and the away end went mad. Great day that.

9 Aug 2014 - Pre season Final Home friendly

Tottenham 2 - 1 Schalke

Cant really remember much but remember was in block 35 the atmosphere was crazy for a pre season match as was singing and all sorts before kick off down in the concourse yet in later games such as chelsea , west ham , Leicester the concourse was quite all the time at home.

you either have a phenomenal memory, or the programme.....
I managed to get the programme on ebay at the grand cost of 99p, was expecting it to cost more TBH. The original cost was sixpence, 2.5p in today's money. Mind you it was only 16 black and white pages, A5 size, but not one advert in sight.
We stood 11th in the First Division, with Everton at the top, and Woolwich three places behind us. Sunderland were propping up the table. There was a sad announcement regarding the passing of Mr Frederick Wale, who had been our chairman up to a month before his death.
Players in our youth team who made the first team were Barry Daines, Phil Holder and Ray Clarke, also included were Graham Souness and Mike Flanagan.
Travel costs for the away game at Nottingham Forest were 21 shillings (£1.05) by Henry's coach and 44 shillings (£2.20) by British Rail. Also advised that tickets for seats for the upcoming game at Old Trafford were 9 shillings (45p) or 11/6 (57.5p).
Photos included Jimmy Greaves receiving his Spurs Supporters' Club 'Player of the Year' award from Bobby Moore (?!?) and Alan Mullery receiving a 'flu jab!
Seems like a million years ago in some ways, but certain memories of that day will stay with me for ever.

Interested to know people's first experience of seeing Spurs was:

Mine was 3/11/86, we lost 2-1 to Wimbledon, it was raining, we had two players stretchered off (Graham Roberts, also sent off and Gary Stevens, decked by Fashanu as he scored the decisive goal - cunt). Mitchell Thomas was the first player that I ever saw score for Spurs....Mitchell Thomas.

Vivid memories of this game. It was pissing down and the ‘game’ was more Rugby than football. My old man was involved with the club at the time and confirms that the Crazy Gang has earmarked the ‘fancy dans’ at WHL as being susceptible to a bit of shithousery..

Dressing rooms smashed up. Kicking walls in the tunnel beforehand, screaming abuse at our players in the warm up. Punching, karate kicking, elbowing, grabbing, spitting all throughout the 90mins..

Horrible cunts

Got my grandparents over and my grandad (86, palace fan) has had a few glasses of wine and has mentioned a few stories which could be of interest.

His LAST Spurs game was the 13-2 against Crewe. He went to the game with his brother in law who was a fanatical spurs fan (moved to Australia soon after).

The brother in law's mother was the first tea lady at Spurs. She literally served tea and oranges to the players back in the 1890s.

All that makes the fact that my first game was a high scoring win against Coventry in the late 80s quite dull...

Back
Top Bottom