Your Favourite Tottenham Moment

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ThfcLew said:
Nothing beats the ecstasy when Crouchy nodded in at City.. Celebrations were crazy all night and what a debut CL campaign it brought us!!!

This. Or when Edman scored that scream against Pool (I am a Swede after all..) or when we beat the cunts 5-1.

Loads of fantastic memories as saw my first Spurs game way back in '69. But there are 2 that mean more to me than any others.

'81 Cup final replay. First time ever saw us win a trophy "live". My seat was right at the bottom of the old steps up to the royal box & I managed to get my silk scarf round Steve Archibald's neck.

Also 28th December 1998, Spurs 4 Everton 1. First time I took my son to WHL.

Another one for me is my first game at the Lane. 2-0 win against Porto. Edgar Davids made his debut. Defoe scored twice. It was, in a word, awesome.

This past season when we beat Newcastle at home. Harry had just gotten out of court and it just seemed that for a brief moment all the fans, club, players and manager were all completely united and, irrespective of what one ultimately thought of Redknapp, I hadn't seen that sort of complete unity in football before - and then we blew the barcodes away. I have seen arguably much bigger results, including cup finals, in my time as a fan, but there was just something special about that night that registered with me and made me proud to have chosen to support THFC all those years ago.

Sat in the Druid's Head in Kingston with Mr Trunk... AND IT'S PETER CROUCH! Ensue scenes of mass chaos.

Ar5ena1, beating Wigan 9-1, and the San Siro also up there.

For me, it's probably the 2008 Carling Cup Final. First time ever to Wembley, albeit the new one, and I get to see us beat the Chavs and lift the trophy. When Woodie scored with his face in extra time, there was an amazing amount of high fives and hugs between complete strangers.

Close 2nd was when I got the chance to meet Gary Mabbutt at a pre-match lunch at the Lane. Got to sit next to him during the match too, would've been a truly memorable afternoon if not for the fact that we proceeded to get steamrolled 4-0 by the Mancs :vdvcry:

This is a bit of a cop-out, but my favourite moment is the one that is yet to come. I still don't think Spurs have achieved their peak in my lifetime, so I look forward to that moment.

ollieXcore said:
Sat in the Druid's Head in Kingston with Mr Trunk... AND IT'S PETER CROUCH! Ensue scenes of mass chaos.

Yids frequenting the Druids? fuck me, you'll have to let me know next time

Either Danny Rose's goal against Woolwich or the Crouch goal at Eastlands - I was there for both and it was pure ecstasy. Coming out of the ground after the Woolwich win was better than any drug I've tried (which was helped by having a few beers it must be said).

That was my first full season of regular attendance, after I nailed down a full-time job. I still think there is much more in my life following Spurs.

I'll have to add in the FA Youth Cup game at The Valley as well. I had a great laugh, and it was arguably the best trip following Spurs despite the quality of the game and scoreline. It's all about the craic for me, and the camaraderie of that night as up there.

I was born in 1989 so missed out on all the good stuff.

Can't decide between stuffing woolwich 5-1 and Crouch's goal at the Etihad to get us champions league.

Was buzzing for days after both.

:crouch:

Reading these posts I kept thinking "where's the Druids Head, I'm sure I know it...". Just figured it out, I used to work there :avbfacepalm:

I am too indecisive to choose a moment but this thread did remind me of Lennon's equaliser in the 4-4 at the death star. This wouldn't be my favourite memory probably because I would like to choose a game I was in attendance for and probably less recent, but still...

We'd been so abject under Judge Dredd, it was all pretty depressing being Spurs at that time.

When we scored a third I felt we'd restored some pride, but Lennon's goal, oh dear oh dear. I was in a scum pub and the only Spurs there, and I went apeshit. Loved it.

The next morning, the bile I got from scum fans, I fucking loved it. Love seeing those cunts pissed off like that :chicco:

Honestly. Gordon Durie scoring against Brentford in the league cup. Just come up to to the gangway that used to devide the lower teir of Paxton Road and I saw him hit a screamer into the top corner under the floodlights. I saw the fans serve to the front and it was then I really fell in love with Tottenham Hotspur

bazspurs said:
ollieXcore said:

Yids frequenting the Druids? fuck me, you'll have to let me know next time
They've got rid of the TV! Shame, was such a great atmos in there on CL nights.

Back
Top Bottom