Your 2015 Player, Goal, Match and Signing.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Another year gone by and another year of transition but productivity in Pochettino's project which is growing to be more successful and I couldn't be more excited about the future wth our team.

I want to know the following..

Player of 2015.
Goal of 2015.
Performance of 2015.
Signing of 2015.

For me it'd be the following:

Player - Kane. Easy choice. Been heroic this year and can only get better. Scored crucial goals and even when not scoring he brings so much to the field.

Goal - Townsend vs Swansea. Brilliant run and top finish. Not always the most consistent player but that goal was special.

Performance - 2-1 vs Woolwich. Almost went for the 5-3 vs Chelsea but we dominated Woolwich from start to finish. Could of be 10-1.

Signing - Alli. Again, easily could of been Alderwiereld but considering the step up from league one to the Premier League is huge, he has been nothing but a success and could go on to be one the best.

Last edited:
Player: Kane. Obvious.

Goal: Eriksen free kick vs Sheffield away.

Individual performance: Kane vs Chelsea on New Years Day

Team performance: 2-1 over Woolwich at the Lane

Signing: Toby Alderweireld. Best defender in the league this season. A signing that's turned our defence into the stingiest in the Premier League

1. Player of 2015 - Obviously Harry, his progress during 2015 has been nothing short of miraculous.
2. Goal of 2015 - Harry's winner against Woolwich
3. Performance of 2015 - Home game against Woolwich
For me, that game was out there as the game of the season, heaven on earth.
4. Signing of 2015 - too close to call between Delli and Toby, so I declare a draw.

Player of 2015: Harry Kane. 30+ goals scored this calendar year alone, records broken along the way. Outstanding year for him and he's only going to get better and better.

Goal of 2015: Harry Kane vs. Chelsea. Receives the ball with his back to goal on the left hand side with one of the best right backs in the league in Ivanovic on his back, he shrugs him off, holds off Oscar, barges through Fabregas and whacks the ball into the bottom corner from 25 yards against one of the best goalkeepers in the league, outstanding.

Performance of 2015: Home win against Woolwich. Despite going a goal down we absolutely bossed them. A joy to watch. Not a bad performance from anyone and it showed us the type of team we could be. Goosebumps just thinking about that game.

Signing of 2015: Toby Aldeweireld. What an outstanding buy he has been. He was our first target in the summer, there were times when you didn't quite think it would happen but now you can see how worth it everything was. We have the best defensive record in the league and it's no surprise it's off the back of having this guy in the heart of defence.

Player of 2015. - Kane
Goal of 2015. - Kane vs Chelsea first goal
Performance of 2015 - 2-1 vs Arse, result was good but performance was great, really should have beaten them
5-0, the 2-1 score line did not reflect the game
Signing of 2015. - Alli just because of the long term impact, obviously Toby was quality.

Player of 2015 - Kane. 27 goals (so far) in a year says it all

Goal of 2015 - Kane goal against Saints.

Performance of 2015 - Spurs 2 - woolwich 1

Signing of 2015 - Toby. He is amazing and makes Vertonghen play better. What a duo.

Player of 2015 - Kane, hands down. And I'm not just referring to scoring goals. The creativity and intelligence in the final third he's shown is astounding. His attitude and passion for the club seems contagious and in my opinion helped to cement the team together as one.

Goal of 2015 - Kane's winner against Woolwich - Proud moment for Harry Kane and it was delightful to see the Scum's depressed faces.

Performance of 2015 - Spurs 5 - Chelsea 3. I had about 7 heart-attacks during the whole match; my wife thought I had lost my mind, dancing in front of the TV. Probably one of the best Spurs matches I've seen in recent memory. The drama, the performances, the glory, the Harry Kane, the sweet, sweet tears of Mourhino and Chelsea fans. I still have this game on saved on my DVR.

Signing of 2015 - Toby. He brought calm and composure to our back line. I've havent seen Jan play this well since maybe his first season in a Spurs shirt and even still, he's playing on a whole different level than what we've seen before. Toby's influence and pairing, I believe, is why we're seeing his performance. His influence is apparent. We went from having one of the worst defenses in the league to having the best a season later.

Last edited:
Player of 2015 - Kane, hands down. And I'm not just referring to scoring goals. The creativity and intelligence in the final third he's shown is astounding. His attitude and passion for the club seems contagious and in my opinion helped to cement the team together as one.

Goal of 2015 - Lamela's Rabona. First time that I really started to think that he could do something magical for Spurs.

Performance of 2015 - Spurs 5 - Chelsea 3. I had about 7 heart-attacks during the whole match; my wife thought I had lost my mind, dancing in front of the TV. Probably one of the best Spurs matches I've seen in recent memory. The drama, the performances, the glory, the Harry Kane, the sweet, sweet tears of Mourhino and Chelsea fans. I still have this game on saved on my DVR.

Signing of 2015 - Toby. He brought calm and composure to our back line. I've havent seen Jan play this well since maybe his first season in a Spurs shirt and even still, he's playing on a whole different level than what we've seen before. Toby's influence and pairing, I believe, is why we're seeing his performance. His influence is apparent. We went from having one of the worst defenses in the league to having the best a season later.
Lamela's rabona was in 2014..:lameladisgust:

Player of 2015. - Kane obviously, his goals and work rate speak for themselves!
Goal of 2015. - Dembele vs Anderlecht, what a magnificent strike after it being chested down into his path.
Performance of 2015. - Spurs v Chelsea, Kane in particular was awesome, as was Chadli.
Signing of 2015 - Toby and Alli, difficult to decide, but Toby edges it simply for him seemingly sorting out our leaky defence.

...anyone else think the 4th one was best singing of 2015?? :pochfacepalm::pochbye:
I'd have gone for the atmosphere last New Year's Day... or perhaps closely followed by the NLD a month later! :kaneear::bentalebscream:

Player of the year - Kane

Goal of the year - Kane's 1st against Chavs

Performance of the year - 5-3 against Chavs

Signing of the year - Alli

Player of 2015: Harry Kane, no explanation necessary. His performances throughout the calendar year have been astonishing.

Goal of 2015: Kane's looping header to win the NLD. There were probably a couple of more spectacular goals, but that one was a great finish and the emotion after seeing it float in was crazy.

Performance of 2015: Beating Chelsea 5-3.

Signing of 2015: Toby. Shored up the defense, looks to be elevating Jan's performances, still can't believe he was brought in for such a low fee.

Player - Harry Kane. Speaks for himself, more Premier league goals than anyone else (by a far way too) in 2015.

Goal - Dembele vs Anderlecht, almost tore the net off of its hinges.

Performance - Performance wise I think it is the 4-1 over West Ham, but bringing in the opposition factor and the thrill of the game I am going to have to go 5-3 vs Chelsea.

Signing - Alderweireld, the main reason we are where we are. Best defensive partnership in the league along with Super Jan, Alli is very close though.

Back
Top Bottom