You thought the Transfer Rumours are bad..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who remembers Clubcall before the internet??? Can you remember paying a premium rate line to hear Spurs had been linked with England International Andy Sinton???

2db2ts9.png

0-8-4-5-100-100 or summit?

I remember paying approximately £5 in 1988 to hear Gazza singing; "Chim-Chimeny Chim-Chimeny Chim-Chim-Cheroo... Gazza was a Geordie but now he's a...."

Heady days!!!

Teletext used to give a hint that something was happening and then I'd rinse the phone bill to find out Man Utd were swapping Lee Sharpe and Andrie Kanchelskis for Darren Anderton - I fucking wish.

christ, that reminds me of being a kid and looking out for results coming through on teletext, waiting for it to spin to the spurs result... Painful, like a form of water torture...

It's peculiar to imagine how I wasn't terribly bothered by the fact that I would only find out the results of sporting events in the newspaper the next day. A day!

Back when I used to look forward to reading the Sun newspaper abroad which was already 2-3 days old by the time it arrived from the UK. Remember summer of 1997 when we were apparently signing Tony Adams for 6 million and bringing in Jouninho from relegated Boro.

Utter bullshit continues to this day on that rag.

Back
Top Bottom