You support spurs be honest,what does it mean to you

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Heartache and ecstasy, gut-wrenching and orgasmic, all in equal measure.

Kingda_Ka_rollback_sign.jpg

There are more important things in my life than a football club that don't even know I exist.
My focus is on my family and on work, but all my other attention is on Spurs. If we could only close out the final quarter we would have the season in bag!
san-antonio-spurs.jpg

Spurs... fucking centre of everything, days, weeks, moths resolve around the Lillywhites. I can love it (Spurs) unconditionally and it won't judge me, thus making our relationship acceptable, even if horribly one sided. But hey Spurs, I'm hopelessly devoted to you to quote Sandra Dee

The typical douchebag glory hunters here in the States support Manure, Chelski, Man Shitty, and Woolwich but the Spurs supporters I have met are a different breed. They are the sort that love heartache, appreciate the fantastic highs, relish being the perpetual underdog, and know what it is to love your club through and through....I wouldn't have it any other fucking way!

I don't know what it is!..in 2 years time I would have been going to the lane for 50 years.
I cant explain how low the lows go, I cant explain the elation at the high's..
my dad was a Glaswegian & a massive celtic fan but he loved his football & every Saturday after finishing work .... sat mornings was part of the working week then!.. would go to a game with my uncle's & brothers & assorted cousins and hangers on from the neighbourhood.. whichever one nearby that was the most appealing...
i went to the lane first but as a small kid I went to highbury, the o's Brisbane road, upton park & Stamford bridge as well ( the chav game was unique as even the few chav fans about then still don't believe me who was in goal!).. but there was always something different & special inside me about thfc..

I firmly believe spurs chose me... the one thing I always remember to this day about my first game at the lane was getting of the 243 bus at bruce grove & from there you could see the old floodlights high above any buildings.. that knot feeling in your stomach happened.... it was still there last week outside the ground v west ham.

we've won the league in my lifetime but I cant remember..would be special if it happened again but i'm not holding my breath & would follow spurs whatever
league we ended up in !.. why!!!.......... I still don't know.

I don't know what it is!..in 2 years time I would have been going to the lane for 50 years.
I cant explain how low the lows go, I cant explain the elation at the high's..
my dad was a Glaswegian & a massive celtic fan but he loved his football & every Saturday after finishing work .... sat mornings was part of the working week then!.. would go to a game with my uncle's & brothers & assorted cousins and hangers on from the neighbourhood.. whichever one nearby that was the most appealing...
i went to the lane first but as a small kid I went to highbury, the o's Brisbane road, upton park & Stamford bridge as well ( the chav game was unique as even the few chav fans about then still don't believe me who was in goal!).. but there was always something different & special inside me about thfc..

I firmly believe spurs chose me... the one thing I always remember to this day about my first game at the lane was getting of the 243 bus at bruce grove & from there you could see the old floodlights high above any buildings.. that knot feeling in your stomach happened.... it was still there last week outside the ground v west ham.

we've won the league in my lifetime but I cant remember..would be special if it happened again but i'm not holding my breath & would follow spurs whatever
league we ended up in !.. why!!!.......... I still don't know.

Where the fuck has 57 gone?!

It means way more to me than it should!

It really is a love affair.... With all the wonderful dreamy moments, and all the petty stinking rows that go with it! (as Shane McGowan once said; 'You can't hate someone unless you love them' - At least I think that's what he said!!)
I've 'fallen out' with Spurs more times than I care to remember.... We were barely on speaking terms once....
But I love them with all my heart, and will defend them to the hilt, I would never dream of walking away, and will be supporting them for the rest of my life.... 'Until death us do part' is the saying isn't it??

Back
Top Bottom