You support spurs be honest,what does it mean to you

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

im 20 year old. have spurs wallpaper, spurs bedding, spurs alarm clock, and a spurs piggy bank
sums it up really
I have Spurs slippers, a Spurs signed ball in my bedroom, Spurs mug and egg cup, calendars, mouse mat, lanyard for my work pass, etc, etc and I'm nearly 3 times older than you ..... who gives a toss ...never stop wearing your colours

After results like that and the baiting that followed (and the worst is still yet to come), it means a huge deal.

I was nervous before the game, dejected during it and downtrodden afterwards. I am not sure there is another part of me, other than perhaps my deepest fears and my highest aspirations, that matters to me as much as Tottenham Hotspur does.

I have always wondered what it is about the club we love. In fact, what is it about any club anyone loves. It's not the stadium, because if it was knocked down we would still support the same team. It's not the team, because that evolves and changes at an alarming rate. In most cases it's not where it is situated, because how many of us live in Tottenham, or have lived in Tottenham. In the cold light of day, it's purely the name
The fans. WE are Spurs, not the managers, players etc who all change, yes a few of them reach legend status and become part of the history of the club but for me it's the fans I love most of all, though I also love the ground, area, history, colours, name etc.

Most of all, privileged. Spurs fans are very different to any other set of supporters imo. It takes a lot to stick with the fucking shit we have to put up with, nothing's handed on a plate to us. The thing I love the most is our identity. Nothing fills me with more pride than hearing 'we are Tottenham' or 'glory glory hallelujah' being sung. I fucking love seeing the shelf standing, the park lane a sea of arms up and fingers doing that gay little jazz hand thing. Fucking beautiful. My proudest moment of the 2-1 against Woolwich last year was seeing the west lower standing and singing Oh When the Spurs. Before promptly sitting back down again of course, and returning to their cheese boards and game of 'words with friends' on the iPad. Being part of this identity is something that I feel proud to be amongst, we will always be here, we are Tottenham. The cunts who run the club will come and go, we will remain. I think people need to remember this more often, the club will always remain as long as the supporters do.

Back
Top Bottom