you haters!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sailor-says-there-be-a-shit-storm-brewing.jpg

I've moderating powers but god knows what you'd have to say for me to warrant using them on this forum.

I'd probably change post entirely to make you all sound like thoroughly nice people who I'd like to go for a cup of tea with

Sibs said:
I've moderating powers but god knows what you'd have to say for me to warrant using them on this forum.

I'd probably change post entirely to make you all sound like thoroughly nice people who I'd like to go for a cup of tea with

Just make sure to edit individual thoughts so we all agree and have the same opinions. It will make for vibrant discussions on the board. 

empefour said:
Sibs said:

Just make sure to edit individual thoughts so we all agree and have the same opinions. It will make for vibrant discussions on the board. 

Other than merging threads I don't think a single post has ever been moderated on here...

... there are no 'rules'. It polices itself pretty well as I think everything is of the same mindset.

Yea, don't make us start having to actually do moderator stuff, I've not got time for that. Just disagree, have a few post arguing back & forth, give out some negative rep and then move on.

I'd rather close the site than have "Forum Rules - PLEASE READ!!" threads everywhere.

Case said:
Yea, don't make us start having to actually do moderator stuff, I've not got time for that. Just disagree, have a few post arguing back & forth, give out some negative rep and then move on.

I'd rather close the site than have "Forum Rules - PLEASE READ!!" threads everywhere.

Oh God forums like that end up moderated by total cunts. We don't have cunts here, just Yids

Case said:

Fuck you Case, you totalitarian dictator! :bae:

That is one thing that gets annoying about some forums - topic police. Mods closing threads because they decide no more discussion on a given subject is allowed, e.g. Modric in the summer.

If people don't want to discuss it, the thread will tumbleweed. Isn't it enough to let the board decide whether the topic has become stale?

Unless obvious lines are crossed you can pretty much do what you want here and it will always stay that way.

^ Boom! There's your forum rules right there.

YOU'RE ALL CUNTS AND I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except you Sibs, you're alright /SibsEdit

Good post. Redknapp has yo-yo'ed in my eyes over the past couple of years. It's hard to dislike the man at the moment, though, with the current level of performance. I would favor a bit more squad rotation on many occasions, though. We've got a talented team with a lot of depth, but I think Redknapp tends to stick way too closely with his starting 11 and can be accused of playing those players whether or not they are truly fit. Don't get me wrong, Spurs need to shift some deadwood, getting rid of Pav, etc. But it's hard to imagine that players like Sandro, with boat loads of potential for the future, sticking around for long with the little playing time he's getting.

Don't get me wrong, Parker was an inspired signing. His performances have been immense, and the partnership between modric and him has been world-class, but there needs to be a balance. Would Kaboul have gotten a look if Dawson had been fit these past few months? Would Defoe get a look if VdV wasn't fit? Does Sandro not deserve squad rotation, rather than cleaning up the game as a 85th minute sub? Should Walker be playing every game, or should Corluka get a look in as well in Europa matches?

Happy with the results, but I agree with the criticisms of him calling certain supporters "idiots" and what-not.

I agree wholeheartedly about your interpretation over the modric saga, though. My one sticking point over that would be that I thought his comments over Modric's "head not being right" was a bit patronizing. I think you've got the right of it, but if I were a player I think my head coach saying that my head wasn't right would fucking infuriate me. My eyebrows were raised over comments like that, and I think some justifiable questions could be raised over Redknapp's man-management in that respect. I agree with the Gio saga, but then again it's hard to sell off a player if he never gets in any playing time in a decent league.

Redknapp needs to be more flexible.

Back
Top Bottom