you haters!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You lot don't half talk some bollox about Redknapp you know!

Some of you guys do like to speak about your opinions as if they are fact. On the one hand you dismiss Harry's defence because there are no direct quotes nor 1st hand information, yet in the next breath you base 90% of your arguments against him on reading between the lines and stuff that's implied.

With the Gio thing, what Redknapp said about Gio is fact. How is Redknapp supposed to man manage a kid who can't be bothered to turn up, is more interested in partying and jetting off to Europe for a piss up. The fact his parents had to come in and discuss what to do about their son says it all - this is a 21 year old acting like a 15 year old. Harry is not a headmaster, yet the fact he had the kid's parents come in shows how concerned he is and shows, for him, it goes beyond just football.

When exactly has Gio EVER done anything of note in a Spurs shirt anyway? He clearly cannot handle the Premier League and do you not remember that disgrace of a performance, which by the way was supposed to be like his 4th last chance, in the Carling Cup defeat to Woolwich?

Anyway, enuff of Gio as the sooner we're rid of that boy the better.

You seem to love to criticise Harry for having an agenda and separating himself from the team, but that is only an interpretation. As Thelonius pointed out, most managers do that (even Jol did regularly) yet people seem to only notice with Harry so that they can nit-pick. Managers do that, particularly when they lose, to deflect attention from the players. It is precisely why Harry is known as a good man manager.

Personally, I love it when Harry gets his knickers in a twist and calls Bent shit (actually, what he said was really nothing worth crying about, yet Bent managed - and still manages - to cry about everything and blame his failures on anything other than himself) or calls a couple numpty Spurs fans "idiots". He's a proper Londoner and so am I & I can relate to those reactions FAR more than some lame Spaniard who just stands on the touchline looking lost and confused.

And all this England stuff. Harry has NEVER saud outright that he wants the job and all he has ever said is what you'd expect him to say - that, for an Englishman, it would be very hard to turn down. I wouldn't put it past Harry tho, he HATES the FA and when he comes out with things like "it's a poisoned chalice" and "I love the day-to-day involvement in club management".

I love how people criticise him over team selection too, like we know better. Harry sees them in training every day, why would anyone suppose they know better? Harry's record speaks for itself

I totally dismiss this "Harry's club" theory that some Spurs fans have. For a start, name me a manager in the Premier League who DOESN'T favour his own signings? They're the ones he gets judged on after all. Actually, Harry does it far less. It's actually pretty simple with Harry - if you stick with it and work hard, when an opportunity arises, he'll give you a chances. Once a player is in the team and doing well, Harry stands by them and doesn't make snap judgements and drop them at first sign of a poor performance - that's what Ramos used to do & we all saw how the "team" fell to pieces.

Those players not happy with that are the ones with an ego and no sense of "team". People loved to point the finger at Crouch as an example, but there were plenty of times Crouch couldn't get in the team - & look who Harry sold first.

Harry doesn't ever actually "freeze" players out for no reason. Jol used to, by the way, but not Harry. Jol froze Benny out for being Comolli's signing. And remember why Defoe left? With Harry it is all about effort, & players know where they stand. Be patient, work hard, take your chances. If you're not prepared to do that, see you later.

& seriously, how can you criticise Harry over the Modric saga? The so-called strained relationship between him & Levy - where is there any proof of that? It's pretty clear what Harry was doing, and that was appeasing a player that he, not Levy, was having to work with every day. I dunno, after Luka's performances so far this year, how anyone can be miffed at how Harry handled that situation. Do you really think that, if Harry had taken Levy's hard-lined stance, we'd have a player now so settled and willing to play for the team?

Personally, and this is my opinion, Harry's press talk was all co-ordinated with Levy precisely so that Levy could take such a hard stance and keep Luka, whilst Harry could humour him & keep on side. I don't know if that's true, but it just shows there are 2 ways of looking at things &, if true, it has worked.

I don't think Harry is "god", or a "messiah", but I do love having him at Spurs. I do think that many Spurs fans have a chip on their shoulder because they think Harry grew up an Woolwich fan and is a West Ham man. He is more Spurs than you realise though. He was first brought into the game by Spurs, he trained with our youth team from age 11 and trained under Billy Nick and alongside many of our double-winners. He went and watched that great team play many, many times and was with us until West Ham signed him in his late teens.

Then, fast-forward 30-40 odd years, his son not only plays for us but captains us and his grand-son, allegedly, supports us. Seriously, there is more than a touch of Lilywhite in those veins. Even his name - Redknapp - means "to hit Reds"

I think a lot of the criticisms some have of Harry are unbelievably picky and I find it a little bit embarrassing, just like I find the Jol love-in OTT and a bit shameless. Jol actually snuck off for an interview with Newcastle behind our backs don't forget long before he was acrimoniously sacked, whilst Harry has always said that Spurs is his last club and he sees it as the pinnacle of his career.

If he does now land the England job and he takes it, then he fkkin well deserves it anyway. It's not like he's spent the last 2 years dismantling us, screwing us about and only to jump a sinking ship, is it? I don't think he will go to England anyway, call me naive, but I don't. There have been just as many little hints that he isn't too into the idea as there have been otherwise, yet the press and Harry's critics like to focus on 1 not the other.

Regardless though, Harry has been great for Spurs and long may he continue, but he is building a legacy here and he will prepare us for life after he's gone. Spurs will continue to rise, so why begrudge him?

Love the socks . . .

I'm pretty sure I supported Harry over Gio in ep 1. Which makes this anti-Flav propaganda.

I'm in support of it.

TBF you have to admire the effort.

THink we could FRONT PAGE!!! this by way of 'reaction to Episode 18.'

spooky said:
I'm pretty sure I supported Harry over Gio in ep 1. Which makes this anti-Flav propaganda.

I'm in support of it.

I'm glad I aint the only one who thinks flavs a WANKER LOL!!!!

shove it up yer hole flav

too long, but I'm guessing it's a pro Harry rant? Some people like him, some people don't, everyone appreciates and respects what he's done. It's as simple as that. You can't like everyone in life so move on and deal with it.

I kinda have to agree, I think we need to appreciate where Harry has taken us.... Just look where we are today.

And as for bashing the players Gio/Bent I couldn't agree more on Harry's stance on this. They should be named and shamed for behaving terribly. We all call for Terry to be taken to task, I know its hardly the same, BUT they need a reality check, so many of these players think they are untouchable. If he started bashing Bale or one of the players who seem humble and thankful then I would say he is out of order, but he isn't. Bent & his twitter rants makes him fair game anyway if you ask me.

drwinston001 said:
too long, but I'm guessing it's a pro Harry rant? Some people like him, some people don't, everyone appreciates and respects what he's done. It's as simple as that. You can't like everyone in life so move on and deal with it.

the thing is that's bollox

they might say they do but then they say other shite that proves they don't

you reckon? I'm not so sure. I know there were fans at the time who didn't like Bill Nic's personality and the way he went about things. Remembering that was long before the days of SSN interviews it's hard to fathom how often they heard from him to piss them off but I also know those same people appreciated the style of football and success he brought to the club.

The more success Redknapp brings the more people will come round to him but I'd say he's also been a little more tactile this season than he has in the past. A few pro spurs fans comments go a long way to repairing damage some things he's said in the past has caused. I know a lot of people who dislike him as a person but I don't know any who don't appreciate the job he's done since he arrived.

yeah I reckon there's loads of people waiting in the wings for the next bad result to start talking the usual shite again

wasn't long ago alot of people would've happily taken Ancelotti in place of Harry then we won 9 out of 10 games funny how that shits pretty quiet now

What is it with our fans if you have an opinion? Some like Harry, some don't. Stop trying to force people to like him. 9 win out of 10, 90 wins out of 100, it doesn't matter. For some he will never be liked, get over it. It's about supporting Tottenham Hotspur, that's all that matters.

empefour said:
What is it with our fans if you have an opinion? Some like Harry, some don't. Stop trying to force people to like him. 9 win out of 10, 90 wins out of 100, it doesn't matter. For some he will never be liked, get over it. It's about supporting Tottenham Hotspur, that's all that matters.

1950s applause

empefour said:

opinions are like assholes an you seem to be like one too

Back
Top Bottom