Yid. The Man Who Gave Us the Name

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
As I remember it, we were on the Spurs special returning from Elland Road, Leeds. The team had just put in a goliath performance to come away with a 2-1 victory but the train was in a sombre, almost wake like mood. The fact that one side of the train had had its glass kindly removed by a very large and very angry group of Leeds supporters, using anything they could physically throw in our direction could, possibly had had […]

Continue reading...

hitler3.png

'We are the Yids' was definitely the first 'Yid-related' chant I can remember at the Lane in the early '80s...

'We are the Yids' was definitely the first 'Yid-related' chant I can remember at the Lane in the early '80s...
your correct. we used to sing.. "we are the spurs, we are the spurs, we are, we are, we are the spurs".. & the simple word change to yid is what made the song:thumbup:.. I remember my donkey jacket/s!!:roflmao:.. & we didn't accidently go into the "home" end in those days.. that game spoke about by the author was Birmingham if memory serves me.. we always had a go at them & the walk from new st was always eventful :sneaky:. being led round the pitch was an occupational hazard if we didn't take the "home" end.

Funnily enough 'We are the Spurs' sounds totally wrong now!
Like what we'll probably have to change it back to if the SBL and Rabbiddeil get their way!!

Back
Top Bottom