Year ago today...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd go through all of the pain in the last year ten times again, including the following two losses to Wet Spam, if it meant that moment could remain in the fabric of time. Been a huge sports fan of multiple teams for all of my life, and that goal with the subsequent celebration may be the finest moment of sports fandom in that entire life. Something right out of the movies.

What a day that was. When we went 2-1 down I destroyed the remote control to my television. My roommates thought I'd lost the plot, even more so when we ended up winning.

We were just as average back then as we are now.
81958.jpg

Still the best game I have ever been to in terms of the result, atmosphere and
camaraderie with my fellow Spurs supporters. I think, I experienced every emotion possible during that 90 minutes, where we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

I'm afraid to say that I have not been to any match this season, which even came close to the joy I experienced at this one last year. The chants at the final whistle of "OHHHHHHHHHHH Tottenham We Love You" will stay with me forever.

It was amazing, I was right behind Jussi shouting at him all night as he had an absolute blinder, and leaving ground via that side alley with the cops with a mock frown and little smirk on looking at those miserable gypsies

I have only been to Villa away this season since, Pyro and Soldado, a great little game in its own right, beats the lane thats for sure when surrounded with passionate fans

Bale can fuck off......oh, thats right, he did.

This couldnt be more of a transitional season for me. We will get a look at the squad, Tim will get some credibility for his next job, we'll get in a manager in the summer, and build again.

Anyone expecting top 4 is a fool. Hoping is one thing, but if you actually expect us to finish above any one of of arse, City, Chelsea or Pool, then deep down, you must actually really rate TS highly.

The last 3 years will be more of a failure than this one.

Still the best game I have ever been to in terms of the result, atmosphere and
camaraderie with my fellow Spurs supporters.
I think, I experienced every emotion possible during that 90 minutes, where we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

I'm afraid to say that I have not been to any match this season, which even came close to the joy I experienced at this one last year. The chants at the final whistle of "OHHHHHHHHHHH Tottenham We Love You" will stay with me forever.

My favourite match too. I've been to a few games at Bubbleworks, usually seeing us wimper to a depressing defeat, but this made up for all the heartache i've seen there. I almost got bottled by some chavs throwing glass at us after the goal, we didn't care, we didn't stop singing and dancing for about another half an hour.

Fucking magic!

Back
Top Bottom