Wrong ending at the Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My great nephew turned ten last year so on his birthday myself and the mrs asked him if he could go and attend any event what would he like to see? His reply was he'd love to go and see Spurs and has developed into an up and coming Lilywhites fan in the months since. I'm an Evertonian and with hindsight should have picked any Spurs game but vs Everton but in my rush of blood to the head duly went to stubhub and took a mortgage out for three tickets to the Lane [the wife comes too].The mrs and my now Tottenham mad gt nephew will be seated together in lower tier of the east stand with me about ten rows away in the same section. I've neutralled at plenty of Premier League games in the past and by and large folk are reasonably tolerant of wrong enders at Goodison [aside from the Glawdys Street end or if they are Manure fans from China] when they are families or accompanying home fans [as long as they stay discreet as Goodison has the same 'chuck out' rules as other grounds] So, taking into consideration the obvious precautions of not turning up head to two in a retro '80s kit singing 'It's a grand old team' and screaming 'get it to Rom!' every time the ball crosses the half way line, in other words keeping as stum as possible for 90 minutes, applauding if Spurs score, remaining outwardly motionless if Everton score. What are my chances of getting the kid safely through his first Spurs game?

Neutral clothing, keep the trap shut and you will be fine. I have done undercover so many times but it's a strange one as you can not enjoy it when your team scores and admiring glances and comments about what a great away support there is don't help! I did give myself away at forest one year, luckily for me they were fine and I remained ' the grey man' for the rest of the game!

Hope your great nephew enjoys it and is able to give you plenty of stick after the game!!

my advice would be to wear either a red and white or claret and blue bobble hat, give the kid one of those bottles of bubbles and let him blow bubbles as the teams walk out and you'll be fine..

I'm an Evertonian and with hindsight should have picked any Spurs game but vs Everton but in my rush of blood to the head ... in other words keeping as stum as possible for 90 minutes, applauding if Spurs score, remaining outwardly motionless if Everton score. What are my chances of getting the kid safely through his first Spurs game?

Hopefully Tobes, Dier (& Jan?) will make sure you don't have to worry about such a scenario!

:tobyarm::dier::vertna:

My great nephew turned ten last year so on his birthday myself and the mrs asked him if he could go and attend any event what would he like to see? His reply was he'd love to go and see Spurs and has developed into an up and coming Lilywhites fan in the months since. I'm an Evertonian and with hindsight should have picked any Spurs game but vs Everton but in my rush of blood to the head duly went to stubhub and took a mortgage out for three tickets to the Lane [the wife comes too].The mrs and my now Tottenham mad gt nephew will be seated together in lower tier of the east stand with me about ten rows away in the same section. I've neutralled at plenty of Premier League games in the past and by and large folk are reasonably tolerant of wrong enders at Goodison [aside from the Glawdys Street end or if they are Manure fans from China] when they are families or accompanying home fans [as long as they stay discreet as Goodison has the same 'chuck out' rules as other grounds] So, taking into consideration the obvious precautions of not turning up head to two in a retro '80s kit singing 'It's a grand old team' and screaming 'get it to Rom!' every time the ball crosses the half way line, in other words keeping as stum as possible for 90 minutes, applauding if Spurs score, remaining outwardly motionless if Everton score. What are my chances of getting the kid safely through his first Spurs game?
As a budding Spurs fan, your great nephew will be fine. Your chances of getting him safely through his first Spurs game are 100%
You on the other hand...
:avbshock:

:troll:

Sure you'll be fine really as long as you're as careful as you say you'll be. It's not the 80's

Back
Top Bottom