Would you take Mourinho?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Mourinho as Poch replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 114 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 40.5%
  • Id rather shag my granny

Votes: 76 24.8%

• Total voters
He's wanted a piece of us since we played Real with Bale. I reckon he thinks he's now got something to prove with a team that can't buy success - and he's probably right, but we'd be getting him when he's on the wane (IMO) so i would be very wary. I've never liked him, but at least to begin with he won big things. Now, he's bad tempered, still a wanker, and not winning so much.

I do feel he's lurking though, so it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility. Don't think i'd like it that much.

I have 2 mindsets on this.

1 - Pochettino is a much more modern manager than Mourinho. He wil bring through youngsters and has transformed us. We all want Poch to win a trophy with Tottenham. However I think he needs to adapt a bit. We peaked 2-3 years ago and seem to have not moved forward.

2. I think Mourinho would win something with these players. He is a serial winner, and will always find a way. Poch hasn’t won a trophy yet, and don’t think he’s sure how to until he does.

He's wanted a piece of us since we played Real with Bale. I reckon he thinks he's now got something to prove with a team that can't buy success - and he's probably right, but we'd be getting him when he's on the wane (IMO) so i would be very wary. I've never liked him, but at least to begin with he won big things. Now, he's bad tempered, still a wanker, and not winning so much.

I do feel he's lurking though, so it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility. Don't think i'd like it that much.
He still wins things though. He is a winner and would finally install a winning mentality into the players. I'd be fine with it

Do I want him? Little bit of yes (he'd probably win us a title or two) little bit of no (does he still have it?).

But IF it were to somehow happen it would have to be on a relatively short term deal imo. No more than 2 years. When Mou passes 2 years in power is when it usually goes sour for him.

giphy.gif

No. Two reasons. 1. the man's a prick. 2. It would have to be huge, epic wins to make the crap football worth it - PL, CL rather than FA cup, CC, Europa League, and I'm not convinced he'd achieve that nowadays. I could see us sneaking a few trophies with him but it's not worth it IMHO.

No. His relationship with Levy from the off would be no doubt toxic and his football is dire. Without vast amounts of cash thrown we wouldn’t even be guaranteed any trophy for all the pain we would be put through.

If Poch leaves someone more stable like Rafa, Anchelotti, who are tactically astute and pragmatic without all the drama and will play attacking football given the right players.

I get Mourinho can be wonderful but he can also be a total disaster.

He would at best win a domestic cup with this squad in the 2 years he would last at Spurs, not sure if that would be worth all the shithousery and frustration that comes with it.

I would rather see that Poch turns things around and that we bring in someone like Nagelsmann in 2021.

People forget levy tried hard to sign him back in 2007 when he was a much bigger name than the club. Don’t fool yourselves if you think Jose wouldn’t gladly take the job. He needs to prove himself again.

No way, I think he has lost whatever he had when he was successful and would drag Spurs down with his Machiavellian behaviour witnessed in his second spell at Chelsea and recently at Man United - don’t want to see young players ignored, horrific football, millions wasted in transfer fees/wages and players regressing at an alarming rate.
Steer clear.

Still one of the best managers out there. I’d take him yes.

But I’d be stunned if he wasn’t at Real again soon.

Back
Top Bottom