Would you take Mourinho?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Mourinho as Poch replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 114 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 40.5%
  • Id rather shag my granny

Votes: 76 24.8%

• Total voters
Bring in Mourinho and say goodbye to Oliver Skipp, Troy Parrott, Japhet Tanganga, Jack Roles etc.

In fact, say goodbye to our Academy full stop.

Allegri is the better option.
Well, to be fair, he was the one who gave chances to McTominay at United, Varane at Real, Balotelli at Inter etc... I'd take him, but not in place of Poch. Would much rather have Poch than sack him and get Mourinho.

He is no longer special. Football has moved on. Having said that if he was in charge of our CL final against Liverpool we would have won it. One off games/finals he knows how to prepare and organise a team to win, he is one of the best ever to do that

Wherever he goes he tries to mindfuck everyone. That's the biggest issue with him, that and his sulky moods. No thanks

Hiring Mourinho now would be like employing George Graham back in the day.

Only if we can have the Mourinho of his first spell at Chelsea. Back then, he was charismatic and a breath of fresh air, and I would have sold my soul to the devil for him to be our manager.
Not now though. Yes he may bag a trophy or two (not the big ones) but at what price! And he would probably leave us in a worse state than in what he found us.

People forget levy tried hard to sign him back in 2007 when he was a much bigger name than the club. Don’t fool yourselves if you think Jose wouldn’t gladly take the job. He needs to prove himself again.

Yeah. Jose would have a lot to prove. He could do a job.

Don't care what he has to prove.... That's his own look out; not ours....

If a domestic cup is that important to the club, throw a load of dosh at Poch and let him BUY one, cos that's essentially what Jose would do (directly or otherwise).

To challenge for anything bigger we need a 'greater than the sum of our parts' type of manager; not a selfish, shot-termist cheque-book tosser.

Only if we can have the Mourinho of his first spell at Chelsea. Back then, he was charismatic and a breath of fresh air, and I would have sold my soul to the devil for him to be our manager.
Not now though. Yes he may bag a trophy or two (not the big ones) but at what price! And he would probably leave us in a worse state than in what he found us.
It's book of revelations stuff if he becomes our boss. Run for the hills if it happens. Ha ha!

I think with the talent we have in this squad, Mourinho would win something with us but at what cost. He has only ever latest 2/3 years at clubs and he usually goes out on bad terms so then what. I want this club to have the next Ferguson or Wenger IMO. Even Wenger in fairness was winning the FA Cup every year for the last few years he was at the club and the fans had enough of him.

Fuck. No.

We aren’t winning the title with Mourinho and he’s not worth a League Cup. It would set us back 5 years after he inevitably was sacked 18 months in.

Mourinho is finished as a top level manager. His philosophy and ideas have been blown away by the play styles of the likes of Pep, Klopp, POCH etc. Anyone who thinks if we hired Mourinho that we would get within an asses roar of either Liverpool or City needs to give their head a wobble.

This isn't even taking into consideration the fact that the guy's an arrogant, manipulative knob jockey who would leave our club in absolute shit when he leaves after his third season just as he has in his previous 3 jobs.

Christ almighty, anyone voting yes to this.... :pochfacepalm:

I am not a Spurs supporter if Mourinho is our boss. Fuck him.
Silver linings, lads.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom