Would you still sign Berahino?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would you pay for Saido (if anything)?

• Total voters
Needs to be done quickly, we should waste no more than 2wks on getting this done, otherwise we need plan b or c activated quickly.

Surely Levy is ready to back Poch in this transfer window. Would love to be on the inside for this transfer window.

We need a smaller, quicker striker who's fleet of foot as a change up from Kane. Someone who excels in tight spaces when the opponents pack the box.

Does Berahino fit the bill? If so, we should sign him, but not empty the bank. His issues with West Brom may be a blessing in disguise.

Seems to be more prem interest in Townsend than Berainho. Should hopefully work in our favour. A straight swap makes sense, otherwise not interested personally.

I think he would be a great pick up for a reasonable fee/ player swap Andros + cash.( or Levy coupons) although I think he has tried that with Peace previously.
If anyone can straighten him up and meld him into teams style of play its Poch, + Kane rates him highly as a former England under 21 teammate!

Have we forgotten about Benteleb and to some extent, Mason? If I recall correctly too, Carroll was half way decent in that holding midfielder position too.

I like all three of the above, however I still feel that Mason and Carroll are too lightweight in the holding midfielder role. Bentaleb clearly talented but has a job getting back in at the moment and again I think he's lightweight. We need someone more robust like Dier who is an absolute beast. Look at Alli and Dembele solidly built athletes.

I'd take him for £30. Unfortunately he's being touted for £30m+.
Attracting superior clubs to us at the moment, we'd need to guarantee him a starting spot if we're going to fork out that much. He isn't going to shift Kane, Dembele or Lamela to that regard so he is competing with Chadli, Son, Eriksen etc. He's only got 2 goals this season compared to Berahino's 3. Berahino has Premier League experience and scored 20 goals last season compared to Berardi's 15 in an inferior league.

Saying that, Domenico is a fucking cool name.

Stick Berahino into the squad and you get this :pochsmirk:
Lloris , Walker , Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Alli, Lamela, Dembele, Son, Kane

Vorm, Trippier, Fazio, Wimmer, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Chadli, Carroll, Eriksen, Berahino

I like all three of the above, however I still feel that Mason and Carroll are too lightweight in the holding midfielder role. Bentaleb clearly talented but has a job getting back in at the moment and again I think he's lightweight. We need someone more robust like Dier who is an absolute beast. Look at Alli and Dembele solidly built athletes.

bentaleb lightweight??? he's 6ft 2 for fuck sake and just as much an athlete as both alli and moussa.

Attracting superior clubs to us at the moment, we'd need to guarantee him a starting spot if we're going to fork out that much. He isn't going to shift Kane, Dembele or Lamela to that regard so he is competing with Chadli, Son, Eriksen etc. He's only got 2 goals this season compared to Berahino's 3. Berahino has Premier League experience and scored 20 goals last season compared to Berardi's 15 in an inferior league.

Saying that, Domenico is a fucking cool name.
Those goals stats are slightly misleading as Berahino got 20 in all competitions, Berardi's 15 were all league goals (as well as getting 10 assists). Again he's only played 10 league games this season with 2 goals and 2 assists Not too bad. In all competitions, 13 games, 3 goals, 4 assists.

I don't think a 21 year old playing for Sassuolo is going to demand a starting position. Can anyone even do that? Surely that is earned by training and performances, nothing to do with wages or transfer fee. What club better than us is going to say indefinitely that he will be starting? None I'd expect.

Those goals stats are slightly misleading as Berahino got 20 in all competitions, Berardi's 15 were all league goals (as well as getting 10 assists). Again he's only played 10 league games this season with 2 goals and 2 assists Not too bad. In all competitions, 13 games, 3 goals, 4 assists.

I don't think a 21 year old playing for Sassuolo is going to demand a starting position. Can anyone even do that? Surely that is earned by training and performances, nothing to do with wages or transfer fee. What club better than us is going to say indefinitely that he will be starting? None I'd expect.
Berahino = 20+6 assists in all comps
Berardi = 15 goals + 13 assists in all comps

Either would be good but one is likely to be cheaper and has Premier League experience, if we really are to challenge for the title or at least maintain our CL bid then we need talent who can produce right away.

What I meant by the £30m is that if we're going to go out and spend that much we should go out an purchase someone with the quality to even challenge Kane (obviously Alexander the Great is currently unavailable right now) we have a lot of prospects already.

bentaleb lightweight??? he's 6ft 2 for fuck sake and just as much an athlete as both alli and moussa.

LOL sorry what I meant was his skinny frame makes he look light weight.

Whereas you look at Dier and Dembele, they physically look like tanks. No one was saying in the summer when we were all crying out for new DM that Bentaleb would be that guy and there was nothing to worry about. We still need a DM and back up for Kane.

On occasions yes, but that is not a bad thing.. Plan B and all that.. He'd be a very good addition in my opinion.

But changing your teams identity and everything they have worked on to fit in one player is a fucking bad thing. By all means, be tactically flexible, but I'd rather teams were trying to change their tactics based on our quality as opposed to us changing to suit whoever we're playing. If you ask me, that's a small club mentality which we are hugely above.

LOL sorry what I meant was his skinny frame makes he look light weight.

Whereas you look at Dier and Dembele, they physically look like tanks. No one was saying in the summer when we were all crying out for new DM that Bentaleb would be that guy and there was nothing to worry about. We still need a DM and back up for Kane.

That's not really true. I've always been a firm believer of Bentaleb filling that DM void. I was more looking for an improvement on him in the first team though and we got it in Dier.

Berahino = 20+6 assists in all comps
Berardi = 15 goals + 13 assists in all comps

Either would be good but one is likely to be cheaper and has Premier League experience, if we really are to challenge for the title or at least maintain our CL bid then we need talent who can produce right away.

What I meant by the £30m is that if we're going to go out and spend that much we should go out an purchase someone with the quality to even challenge Kane (obviously Alexander the Great is currently unavailable right now) we have a lot of prospects already.

Apparently Alexandre Pato is available for £12m! :levylol:

Back
Top Bottom