Would you rather us ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you rather us, Finish above the scum and us in the top 4/them out of top 4 or Win the Fa Cup ?

• Total voters
Finish above the scum and us in the top 4 and them out of the top 4 or Win the Fa Cup ?

Actually a difficult one for me but shouldn't be, i'm still rather old school.
I've gone for Win the Fa Cup, there's a good chance we'd have to beat them to win it too.
Although i personally think the next season or two will be tough for us premier league wise, so this season may be the last chance for a couple of seasons to finally finish above them AND get us champions league and give them no champions league next season.

There was a time when winning the Fa Cup really really meant something, still does for me.
26 years.

I'm in the minority and voted top 4. But only because it involves Woolwich missing out. I'd fucking love us to take their CL spot. Another thing to remember, if we miss out on top 4, our owners will have a ready made excuse to sell one or two of our top players. As has happened in the past.

Fa cup. Probably will need to beat 2 big teams to win it. Ideally city & Woolwich as they suit us better. Would like to avoid the winner of chelsea & utd.

I think levy & poch would understandably choose top 4 for obvious reasons.

Win some fucking silverware. For this team, it is the next marker to a step in the right direction and crucial experience in winning trophies together.

Top 4 finishes mean nothing to me.

Top four...because as much as I desperately want a trophy, our record over the past 15 years shows a constant progression and every year we are more and more likely to finish in the top four and stay there....and the Premier League statistics show that if you become a top four mainstay then sooner or later trophies start coming in.

With the new stadium on the way people need to be patient. Ten years from now we'll have won more trophies than the past 15.

I think we could do both...but my preference would be top four.
Top clubs are going to be sniffing around our players this summer and we need to be able to offer them champs league football.

Out of Europe, no chance of catching Chelsea. For me the trophy is finishing above Woolwich. I believe that "silverware" has more luster than an FA cup title.

Obviously we should be targeting both; however, finishing above Woolwich and keeping them out of the CL places would be a massive statement on both clubs: they would lose players and struggle to get decent ones in - even more so than usual.

Back
Top Bottom