Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is a way to get it working but it's a bit fiddly. On the share popup you get the choice to embed. It gives you some code like this...

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/11945568&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

If you take the 8 digit number in the middle of that code (the one in bold here:
soundcloud.com/tracks/11945568) and wrap it in "soundcloud" tags like this...

Code:
[soundcloud]11945568[/soundcloud]

It should work...

[soundcloud]11945568[/soundcloud]

Mine has changed slightly too. I think they've improved the font rendering. Looks slightly better on mine.

Hmm.. Do you use Monserrat from Google Fonts?

I only ask as it looks like the kerning has changed - I'd put it down to that, rather than any browser rendering.

Hmm.. Do you use Monserrat from Google Fonts?

I only ask as it looks like the kerning has changed - I'd put it down to that, rather than any browser rendering.
Yea. Doesn't look any different to me though.

Yea. Doesn't look any different to me though.

Does to me - I'm on Opera 43, which is Chrome based. Kerning difference is evident on the username and under avatar; it wasn't so tight before?

case.jpg

Out of interest, is it not possible to add some limitations to help you mod/admin guys out Admin Admin ?

Seems like we'd benefit from newbies or low post count members being limited as to what they can do, i.e. can't start a new topic until you've had at least x posts and/or x positive reps.

The idea that newbies can only post in a newbie thread until the above is also very effective on other forums from what I've seen?

Out of interest, is it not possible to add some limitations to help you mod/admin guys out Admin Admin ?

Seems like we'd benefit from newbies or low post count members being limited as to what they can do, i.e. can't start a new topic until you've had at least x posts and/or x positive reps.

The idea that newbies can only post in a newbie thread until the above is also very effective on other forums from what I've seen?
There are pro's & con's to implementing something like that. You can find new users just spam threads until they have enough posts to start a thread.

I don't think it's a massive issue currently, is it? It's only usually fans of other clubs who want to start the odd "lol you're shit" thread.

New users can't post a link until they receive 1 "like" so that usually stops the spam users who just want to advertise something.

There are pro's & con's to implementing something like that. You can find new users just spam threads until they have enough posts to start a thread.

I don't think it's a massive issue currently, is it? It's only usually fans of other clubs who want to start the odd "lol you're shit" thread.

New users can't post a link until they receive 1 "like" so that usually stops the spam users who just want to advertise something.

Maybe, I was just thinking about the (I assume, kids) who seem to come on here every week and start silly threads about "St Totteringham's Day" or the university dissertation begging threads.

So not so much about spamming, more thread quality and encouraging people to interact a bit more and acclimatise before posting threads.

i do think there should be a few more 'mods'

the long term posters with low post counts who pop up before a 'big' game

Back
Top Bottom