Worst Trip Home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So the car broke down on my way back form the utd game. stuck in the middle of nowhere for 5 hours waiting for the recovery truck in the freezing cold. no phone signal, no radio, no heater. Finally got home at 4 am. Can anyone else beat that for the worst trip home after watching us lose?

I'd complain about having to walk circles around a fountain in Lille for an hour and a half in near-freezing temperatures until the train station opened at 5am so I could catch my 6:10 train back to Paris, but I was still buzzing so hard from #TottenhamUltras that I just brushed the dirt off my shoulder.

Someone I know drove from Hatfield Herts to Newcastle away a fair few seasons ago, he knocked on his mates house who didn't answer his door or phone, he was smashed from last night. So to avoid being late he drove by himself with no radio up to the game, gets a call from his mate but it's to late to turn round and get him. Lose 4-0 then do the trip back all by himself again.

Attempted to go to Wigan away earlier this season, I wanted to get the train - my mate wanted to drive.......we drove and got stuck behind an accident on the M6

we were due to get the ground for 2pm according to sat nav......the traffic eventually started moving at 4.50pm

turned around, got a burger king, got home at 8.30 having left at 10 and not having even got close to Wigan - the match wasn't even covered on the radio

I have another one from a few seasons ago. Notts forest away was snowed off after 15 mins. The metro i was in crashed into a land rover on the motorway on the way home. car was written off and had to stay in a hotel overnight before getting a taxi down in the morning. that was the most expensive 15 mins of football i have ever seen

Anyone hear about the crash on the A14 near Ipswich last night?

I was about 10 cars from the front on my way home. Stuck for nearly 90 minutes before the old bill turned us around. It was freezing cold and someone died at the scene.

If I wasn't stuck at traffic lights about 2 minutes before, I might not be writing this now. Puts a game of football into perspective.

A few seasons back I went to Blackburn away, me and some friends had a deal that we'd each put a 10 on the grand national based on the shirt number of the first scorer. Keane scores (15) but we go on to lose. Forget about the deal, only for number 15 to win the race at 100-1

Train home after drawing 3-3 at Old Trafford on Sunday live game back in the day.

Windows got bricked by load of Mancs. Longish, chilly journey home with no glass to speak of in windows. People were eating glass as dares and doing the sort of shit boys do like dropping bits of glass down back of shirts if anyone dozed off.

:joejordan: Hard as fuck. :bmj:

I've been pretty lucky in my short time as a regular, I did get chucked off a train at Milton Keynes for singing Spurs songs too loudly once though. Fun times. :ledley:

Back
Top Bottom