Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur 2/12/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You think I'm judging him harshly I don't think I am at all. I don’t know the guy, I don't have to accept his word.
You're judging him which is the issue, seeing as you don't know him, weren't there, don't know anyone that was, you have no information other than what is pre-set in your head.

Worse still you still hold this view following it being investigated by people who have spent time and deliberation over the matter. But no, your predigest is your compass, your predigest guides you.

You're judging him which is the issue, seeing as you don't know him, weren't there, don't know anyone that was, you have no information other than what is pre-set in your head.

Worse still you still hold this view following it being investigated by people who have spent time and deliberation over the matter. But no, your predigest is your compass, your predigest guides you.
You've judged him too, you've judged him that he was innocent. I've got no problem with you judging him.

Do you always agree with a jury, judge, police decision etc? I dont.

You've judged him too, you've judged him that he was innocent. I've got no problem with you judging him.

Let's get this absolutely fucking crystal clear, I made no such judgement of him. All my posts on the matter attest to this, in fact how the fuck can you even say this? My posts state that he could be guilty as fuck or he might not, this has been my (and others) entire stance. I can't judge him, I wasn't there, I don't know the facts, all I have to go on is a photograph.

Can the hole you dig get any bigger?

Agree with this mate and good post to acknowledge this.

What perhaps is a tad disappointing is that despite an investigation, that would have corroborated the throwers story (witness statements, CCTV footage etc) it is still being described by some as a racist act by those who claimed it was the moment the story broke. I haven't seen any of those who came on here to point the finger of guilt hold their hands up and say sorry I got it wrong. Or acknowledge even that they were indeed just a bit too hasty to point the finger based on a photograph.

There really isn't anything else to discuss. It wasn't an act of racism. I find it odd that anyone still does given the investigation and the very reasonable posts by those that said it MIGHT not be.

Let's get this absolutely fucking crystal clear, I made no such judgement of him. All my posts on the matter attest to this, in fact how the fuck can you even say this? My posts state that he could be guilty as fuck or he might not, this has been my (and others) entire stance. I can't judge him, I wasn't there, I don't know the facts, all I have to go on is a photograph.

Can the hole you dig get any bigger?
You said it wasn't a racist act, so you made a judgement that he was innocent of any racial wrong doing.

You said it wasn't a racist act, so you made a judgement that he was innocent of any racial wrong doing.
You've used a post of mine that FOLLOWED the investigation by the police. The police who were satisfied that it wasn't a racist act!!! Therefore we can all take it that it wasn't a racist act, except you, that is. The know it all mindreader that wasn't there and saw a picture on the internet and who carries a prejudice that enables you to reach judgments without any facts. Fuck me mate you can't be this thick in real life?

Why don't you view what I wrote PRIOR to the results of the police investigating the incident? Go on, I dare you, take a little peek.

You've used a post of mine that FOLLOWED the investigation by the police. The police who were satisfied that it wasn't a racist act!!! Therefore we can all take it that it wasn't a racist act, except you, that is. The know it all mindreader that wasn't there and saw a picture on the internet and who carries a prejudice that enables you to reach judgments without any facts. Fuck me mate you can't be this thick in real life?

Why don't you view what I wrote PRIOR to the results of the police investigating the incident? Go on, I dare you, take a little peek.

Let me repeat what I said to you, seeing as you might have missed it.

Let me repeat what I said to you, seeing as you might have missed it.

Well yeah, on the whole, I do. That's what they are there for, I trust the process. I fundamentally agree with the principle that anyone is innocent until proven guilty. I certainly don't disagree with a case if I know absolutely nothing about the facts being reviewed, I mean to do that would make me a fool?

The only time I would disagree or contest anything is if I knew 100% that the decision was wrong. The only way I would know this would be if I was party to the event that was being investigated, so probably that would mean that it was me being accused or found guilty of something that I know I didn't do.

How fucking hard is it to grasp this?

MVP more like SJW

did-you-call-my-son-he-introducing-social-justice-warrior-2655694_inpixio.png

Well yeah, on the whole, I do. That's what they are there for, I trust the process. I fundamentally agree with the principle that anyone is innocent until proven guilty. I certainly don't disagree with a case if I know absolutely nothing about the facts being reviewed, I mean to do that would make me a fool?

The only time I would disagree or contest anything is if I knew 100% that the decision was wrong. The only way I would know this would be if I was party to the event that was being investigated, so probably that would mean that it was me being accused or found guilty of something that I know I didn't do.
How fucking hard is it to grasp this?
OK as I already said I don’t always agree with the decisions there are plenty of instances where they get it wrong such as the case of Stephen Lawrence.
There is no investigation that can definitely prove that the guy didn't have a racist thought as he threw that banana skin. I'm comfortable with my thoughts on this matter. You think differently and that's fine.

OK as I already said I don’t always agree with the decisions there are plenty of instances where they get it wrong such as the case of Stephen Lawrence.
There is no investigation that can definitely prove that the guy didn't have a racist thought as he threw that banana skin. I'm comfortable with my thoughts on this matter. You think differently and that's fine.
A reminder that Dobson and Norris were eventually found guilty of Lawrence's murder.

Yeah it's a bit confusing. Most Greek Cypriots I know also want unification but Cyprus was invaded by the Turks in 1974 and split the island with a shitty green line which runs through Nicosia. This isn't so long ago so still raw as many (including my family) were kicked out their houses in the north which now have Turkish or British living there. But this is all politics & I think us younger ones just want to get on and live as one. Anyway that's why we all ended up growing up in Haringey supporting Tottenham lol

I went to the border crossing in Ledra Street and was a bit underwhelmed
The Greek salad was excellent though!!

Why should they if they don't know who you are personally? It's not reflecting a positive view of human beings imo to just give someone the benefit of the doubt because they support the same football club.
1. I regard other Spurs fans (hardcore fans, not jcl's) as extended family. I won't apologise for that.
2. In fact, and having said that, in this instance, I would actually apply the same logic if it wasn't a Spurs fan or was unrelated to football. I would assume someone is innocent rather than condemning them.

Back
Top Bottom