Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur 2/12/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tenor.gif

Come off it. Even on this forum there are members falsely accusing others of racism. How else do you explain it.
They wrote something that others construed as racist perhaps? How do you know the accusations are false?

This thread has become tiresome, the whole banana incident has been analysed to death. Some posters need to give it up, despite the hysterical reaction, it was not a racist act, so for all our sanity give it a fucking rest

They wrote something that others construed as racist perhaps? How do you know the accusations are false?
Because it was me falsely accused of racism by spursdem despite no reason or evidence. Which is ironic because he preaches about racism despite thinking it's something you can take lightly & falsely accuse others off. Also it showed if it's someone you like doing it, then suddenly it's ok & you go quiet.
Barely anyone said anything about it.
It's hard for me to believe so many care as much as they say when they let false racism accusations slide because it was a mate.

Nothing about the reaction was hysterical. It's quite obviously a grey situation.

Even the guy who threw it acknowledged the historical connotations. He just wasn't thinking about it because he was so pissed off.

It's been an important conversation.

One that the likes of Liverpool would never do because they'd be too busy creating ''solidarity T-Shirts''.

The fact Spurs fans are willing to enter into this realm and have this discussion irrespective of it being one of our own is important.

No one should dismiss that.

People like John and Scott use it to try get points against posters they don't like. But ignore that bullshit and see the bigger thing, which is that our initial reaction was to put tribalism to one side and discuss the bigger picture.

This thread has become tiresome, the whole banana incident has been analysed to death. Some posters need to give it up, despite the hysterical reaction, it was not a racist act, so for all our sanity give it a fucking rest
But some are so desperate for it to be racist they can't let go.

But some are so desperate for it to be racist they can't let go.
MVP MVP proof in the pudding right here.

Instead of addressing those directly he's intimating about. He cozies up to a respected poster sniping on the sidelines.

Geeza was found out long ago. It's unsurprising he hasn't posted in a month then as soon as something like this pops up, he's back.

Worst poster on this forum by a distance.

Come off it. Even on this forum there are members falsely accusing others of racism. How else do you explain it.
The whole point is that no one here wants us to be viewed as a racist fan base. Which is why many were pissed off that such accusations could be thrown at us after what happened. Literally no one wanted it to be a racist incident. That’s a ludicrous thing to suggest.

The whole point is that no one here wants us to be viewed as a racist fan base. Which is why many were pissed off that such accusations could be thrown at us after what happened. Literally no one wanted it to be a racist incident. That’s a ludicrous thing to suggest.
So why would people like spursdem falsely accuse other spurs fans of being racists, if they don't want us viewed as a racist set of supporters? It doesn't add up.

Nothing about the reaction was hysterical. It's quite obviously a grey situation.

Even the guy who threw it acknowledged the historical connotations. He just wasn't thinking about it because he was so pissed off.

It's been an important conversation.

One that the likes of Liverpool would never do because they'd be too busy creating ''solidarity T-Shirts''.

The fact Spurs fans are willing to enter into this realm and have this discussion irrespective of it being one of our own is important.

No one should dismiss that.

People like John and Scott use it to try get points against posters they don't like. But ignore that bullshit and see the bigger thing, which is that our initial reaction was to put tribalism to one side and discuss the bigger picture.
Agree with this mate and good post to acknowledge this.

What perhaps is a tad disappointing is that despite an investigation, that would have corroborated the throwers story (witness statements, CCTV footage etc) it is still being described by some as a racist act by those who claimed it was the moment the story broke. I haven't seen any of those who came on here to point the finger of guilt hold their hands up and say sorry I got it wrong. Or acknowledge even that they were indeed just a bit too hasty to point the finger based on a photograph.

There really isn't anything else to discuss. It wasn't an act of racism. I find it odd that anyone still does given the investigation and the very reasonable posts by those that said it MIGHT not be.

Last edited:
Agree with this mate and good post to acknowledge this.

What perhaps is a tad disappointing is that despite an investigation, that would have corroborated the throwers story (witness statements, CCTV footage etc) it is still being described by some as a racist act by those who claimed it was the moment the story broke. I haven't seen any of those who came on here to point the finger of guilt hold their hands up and say sorry I got it wrong. Or acknowledge even that they were indeed just a bit too hasty to point the finger based on a photograph.

There really isn't anything else to discuss. It wasn't an act of racism. I find it odd that anyone still does give the investigation and the very reasonable post by those that said it MIGHT not be.
To defend myself on that one, I did.

I just then defended the right to assume due to historical shit.

You live and learn init.

But being accused of opportunism and wanting our own to be racist is not something I'm prepared to tolerate. Especially by those who aren't man enough to address me directly.

I choose to believe his story. But he could also be lying. Circumstances suggest he's telling the truth, so that's where I fall down now.

So why would people like spursdem falsely accuse other spurs fans of being racists, if they don't want us viewed as a racist set of supporters? It doesn't add up.

Being the race police gives some people a sense of power in an otherwise insignificant life. That's also why they hunt in packs and suck each other off.

Being the race police gives some people a sense of power in an otherwise insignificant life. That's also why they hunt in packs and suck each other off.
& if they actually wanted to make a difference, use the time they spend preaching on here to help an organisation that actually make a difference.
But it's a lot easier being a keyboard warrior than actually doing something that takes effort.

You are right about the pack thing. Spursdem exposed for his false racism accusations & the rest went quiet & hid away. Wouldn't dare pull him up on the seriousness of falsely accusing people of racism & how it harms the fight against racism. Oh but I like him so he gets a pass. Not so strong on the racism fight now are we.

& if they actually wanted to make a difference, use the time they spend preaching on here to help an organisation that actually make a difference.
But it's a lot easier being a keyboard warrior than actually doing something that takes effort.

You are right about the pack thing. Spursdem exposed for his false racism accusations & the rest went quiet & hid away. Wouldn't dare pull him up on the seriousness of falsely accusing people of racism & how it harms the fight against racism. Oh but I like him so he gets a pass. Not so strong on the racism fight now are we.
By exposed, you mean you deleted your post after I called it out?

Prawn called me out for something he thought I said falsely just the other day. So there goes your ''hid away'' theory.

You literally haven't posted in a month. Then this shit goes down and suddenly we can't get rid of you. You're trying to claw back your integrity after you dropped a bollock with what you said. Finding a race scandal to weaponise.

I'd love to meet you. I really, really would. Then we'd see who the keyboard warrior is.

Now get back into your hole you've been in since October you little mug.

There are very similar stories about black/hispanic soldiers in Vietnam.

But the Army life is not comparable with civvy life I'm afraid.

One of my best pals is an ex Royal Marine and some of the stuff his boys say to one another (and their stories) makes your skin crawl. But that's the military way.

Can't be equated to the general public.
And yet military people become ex-military people and return to live in the community and still use isms to refer to or talk about particular cultural groups they have come in contact with during their tours. It happens.

Back
Top Bottom