Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur 2/12/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For this one, flat out I'd pick this team:

Lloris
Aurier
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Davies
Dier
Sissoko
Eriksen
Dele
Son
Kane

With Southampton at home a few days later I'd switch the team around big time so it looks more like a Carling Cup team. Would probably see it looking something like this so we don't get injuries or needlessly knackered players:

Gazzaniga
Walker-Peters
Foyth
Vertonghen
Rose
Winks
Skipp
Lucas
Lamela
Dele
Llorente

Bench would be tasty with Vorm, Aurier, Dier, Sissoko, Eriksen
Son, Kane getting ptvhside seats for this one. Got to go flat out against the goons and trust the second string to hustle their way to 3 points against the Saints shortly afterwards. If only Sanchez & Wanyama were fit.

You're more persistent than I am
I just don't engage with them

mind you it was funny catching 2 of them at work talking about the comprehensive going over they were expecting to get at the weekend. They looked like they were caught with their hands in the biscuit tin
They're my mates. Engaging with them about being better than them is what it's all about.

I've got a good feeling about Sunday. But that also scares the shit out of me.

If they were being cynical, they'd probably have luck just playing hoofball against us.

Hopefully pride will stop them doing that at home.
This is actually my nightmare. . . I can see them stooping to that level to get the win and I think it could quite easily be effective against us. If we approach the game the way we did against chelsea, then hoofball is the best counter to our high press.

Ohhhhhhh....... We’re marching into Europe in the shape of Harry Kane!
We humbled the Italians and smashed the Belgiums in the brain.
Oh you’ve never seen anything like it in the present or the past.
And as for fucking Woolwich you can shove ‘em up your arse!!!!

Nice interview with JJ....

They're my mates. Engaging with them about being better than them is what it's all about.

I've got a good feeling about Sunday. But that also scares the shit out of me.
I seem to remember we all felt we were going to do them at the immigrants last season, and we froze on the day. Even when we ripped them to pieces at wembley we only got 1 goal.

Ohhhhhhh....... We’re marching into Europe in the shape of Harry Kane!
We humbled the Italians and smashed the Belgiums in the brain.
Oh you’ve never seen anything like it in the present or the past.
And as for fucking Woolwich you can shove ‘em up your arse!!!!

Nice interview with JJ....

Am I the only person who didn't really like him a player or now a commentator.
:lennon:

I quite like the bloke, thought he was an alright player as well. I will admit sometimes he's so biased towards us it gets to near cringe levels, but having said that it is nice to have someone fighting our corner consistently in the media.

As a player, I was always left with the impression he could be a lot better if he applied himself, never thought this fella is a model pro, the player that works hard to squeeze every bit of talent out of himself. I think the talent was there but he was the "normal" that makeup 80% of the pros in the PL. With genuine commitment, application and hardwork, he could have been in the top 20%.

I like him as a pundit, I preferred him when he first started off, but he's reigned it in somewhat in the past couple of years or so. He used to be quite analytical but has "dumbed down" and I feel this is due largely to fit in with the likes of Shearer. It was the same too with Danny Murphy, who first appeared in the Brazil World Cup with fantastic half-time analysis, spending time on what was working and what wasn't and putting his balls on the line by saying what he would do to fix it. He too has dumbed down. Infuriating.

Bottom line though he's Spurs and in a pundit world dominated by Woolwich, Utd and Liverpool I take that and perhaps that I like him more because of this.

I seem to remember we all felt we were going to do them at the immigrants last season, and we froze on the day. Even when we ripped them to pieces at wembley we only got 1 goal.

There have been numerous false dawns where we were good enough to win at the emirates and didn't. I don't like the fact that our only win in recent history was the pretty flukey comeback win in 2010.

The 1-1 draw in 2015 should've been a win. By far the best I have seen us play at the emirates.

Defense will be key. Woolwich have a good attack but that papers over an average team. We are good enough to beat them and we look in good form. Shred their midfield and the game is over.

win the midfield and you win the game. were going to have to execute another high octane press and block the supply line to their creative players. Boss the possession and their defence will crumble under the pressure.

Anyone else cringe at "ArseAnal"?

Apart from the annoying tautology, it's fucking infantile. My mate's son calls United "ManPoo" but as he's 8 he can be forgiven. There's no excuse for adults

As expected a very second string Woolwich team tonight. Only Holding will probably start against us at the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom