Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

(From another thread: )
Obviously Woolwich will be spending the entire week setting up their team to shut Bale out.
I wonder how they propose to do that. I can't see Wenger aiming for a 0–0. Then again, it's not like he'll be in front of a half-empty stadium that goes to 3/4-empty by half-time in response to his anti-football. So what does Woolwich do? Play three at the back? Whom? Koscielny, Mertesacker, and Vermaelen with Sagna and Monreal on the wings? And what to do when we flood center of midfield? Wouldn't we be sitting with the ball at Dembélé's toes, sending four players (Ade, our 3 AMs) in to overwhelm three CBs.

I can't see a plan of "shut Bale down" as being effective as, at the same time, a "and we will beat Spurs" plan. Unless "shut Bale down" involves a date for him with an X-ray machine.

The pressure is all on them, if they don't win, they will be so much further away from top four. Chelsea have West Brom on Saturday, and without Lukaku I can't see them being much of a threat to that bunch of cunts.

still being ahead of them isn't enough imo :parker:
OTOH, I will be greatly amused by the stick they'll try to give, should we finish ahead of them while also conceding them the full six points. Right, we're the small club who's obsessed with our big neighbors, not the former terrors of Europe who use the happy thoughts of a derby performance to fall asleep at night.

[centre]Lloris

Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - BAE

Parker - Dembele

Lennon - Holtby - Siggy

Ade[/centre]

Totally fuck with them. "What do you mean he isn't playing?" Watch Woolwich defenders look bemused as they triple mark Sigurdsson instead, leaving Ade to bang in 4 to 5 from his 18 or so chances. Second half we go shock and awe as we bring on fresh Bale and Dempsey for Walker and BAE and fucking rip into them. 19-0 FT.

already posted on the AVB songs thread, but...

...is anyone else in Block A (East Upper Corner) on Sunday...? it was the ONLY ticket I could get my hands on, and wondered if there were gonna be any other like-minded 'singers' up there to try and get an atmosphere started?

"WE'RE THE EAST UPPER CORNER, WE'RE THE EAST UPPER CORNER, WE'RE THE EAST UPPER CORNER, TOTT-EN-HAM!"

OR...

"Park Lane Park Lane, gissa song... Shhhhhhhhh, Aaaaaaaaaaaarggggggh!"

already posted on the AVB songs thread, but...

...is anyone else in Block A (East Upper Corner) on Sunday...? it was the ONLY ticket I could get my hands on, and wondered if there were gonna be any other like-minded 'singers' up there to try and get an atmosphere started?

"WE'RE THE EAST UPPER CORNER, WE'RE THE EAST UPPER CORNER, WE'RE THE EAST UPPER CORNER, TOTT-EN-HAM!"

OR...

"Park Lane Park Lane, gissa song... Shhhhhhhhh, Aaaaaaaaaaaarggggggh!"

:freund: Pretty sure I am there mate

:freund: Pretty sure I am there mate

see you there then... BIFF!

I'll be the one in the all-white top and dickie-bow!

biff.jpg

:llorishuh:

I brought this up in the West Ham thread too ....
Last season ... when we all sang for Harry to stay ... it was so touching and emotional ....

I really think, we should sing it for Bale in that same tune ... it just so moving and I would love to hear it again.

"We want you to stayyy, Gareth Bale, we want you to stay ... We want you to stayyy, Gareth Bale, we want you to stay!"

... I mean this would be the prefect match because our fans will be up for it at WHL.

I know that there are other songs/chants too like this but this one is so simple but so loud and clear.
When I first heard it for Harry at the 5-0 Newcastle game ... the fans really moved me.

I really wish I could sing this with you all at WHL ... but I'll do so in front of my Tele.

So, lets spread the word and sing!!!!! :bale2: :bale2: :bale2: :bale2: :bale2: :balelol:

Is it not a bit premature and defeatist to start singing that when there isnt really anything to suggest he's leaving?

At least when it was sung for Harry, Capello was as good as out the door, publicly arguing with the FA etc...

Maybe its just me.

Back
Top Bottom