Woolwich away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

scott

“Doing things the right way!”
A point would be superb considering both our forms.
I keep predicting us to win & we don't.
So I am going to say a 3-1 loss.
Hopefully I am wrong as usual.

Manager: poch
1 match only assistant: george graham.
Formation: 5-4-1

Walker - dier - toby - jan - rose
wanyama wimmer
trippier davies
Kane

Plan: park the bus, keep it tight & hoof it away!

I guess the back 5 pick it self if toby & rose are fit enough. wanyama has to play.

Then its a question of whether lamela & kane are ready to play?
I assume dembele is out & sissoko suspended.

So that leaves tricky decisions over who starts out of son, janssen, eriksen, dier & alli? Or do we throw in a wild card like winks or george?

If the team show some fight, heart & commitment then that will be an improvement.
a scrappy draw will be good!

My front 6 would be
Dier wanyama

Lamela eriksen
Alli
Kane

Then a much needed international break coming up!

Last edited:
Subtle OMT... I like it... maybe that's what we need, rather than:

**THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. DIRTY SCUM-BUCKET WOOLWICH WANDERERS**

Personally, I like the old fashioned familiar feeling of dreading this game again...
The past few meetings, we've gone into them with some weird, unfamiliar confidence....

I blame the 4-4 and the 3-2 at their place... we've been 'feigning confidence' ever since...
"Now is a good time to meet them... poorest Arse team in years... we're on the up, they're on their way down"

But somehow, even when we've won, (which, to be fair, we have in the past 6 years more often than in the previous 10-15) I never genuinely feel we get the better of them, as last season showed.
The two draws (especially after being ahead in both games) were crucial by the end of the season...
had we held on at our place, that would've sealed 2nd...

...as it was, we had to endure another summer of being reminded where the sun casts its' shadow...
only this time, it was made worse, by the very catchy fact that we'd "Finished 3rd in a 2-horse race!"

Lovely... thanks for that Spurs.

We're back to being underdogs again... which is where we were when we beat them 3-2 after being 0-2 down in 2010.... That's the kinda surprise I wanna spring.

Fucking NLDs are hell to endure... unless you win, and even then, it's hell until you've won!

Back to basics for this one im afraid. So im going to go with the same team who smashed them in the league cup back in 2008.

Cerny,

Chimbonda, Dawson, King, Lee,

Lennon, Jenas, Tainio, Malbranque,

Keane, Berbatov.

and if things are not going well, we have defoe to bring on as an impact. quality prolific forward with plenty of pace should do the trick. COYS!!! Lets have it!

melting-monkey-big.jpg

Melt

So Kane and Toby probably only make the bench and Dembele probably out....

4-1-4-1 for this one please..

Lloris

Walker
Dier
Vertonghen
Rose

Wanyama

Lamela
Eriksen
Alli
Son

Janssen

I've had a sinking feeling in my stomach all week. I couldn't even bring myself to care about the UCL match yesterday for all the sickness I feel over this derby. I realize form often goes out the window in a big derby match, and I hope Poch can get a response from the squad, but right now I feel like we are going to get a hiding.

I've had a sinking feeling in my stomach all week. I couldn't even bring myself to care about the UCL match yesterday for all the sickness I feel over this derby. I realize form often goes out the window in a big derby match, and I hope Poch can get a response from the squad, but right now I feel like we are going to get a hiding.

Nah, don't think so. We might be as boring as fuck atm, but we don't concede much. The players will be up for this - l don't think our team spirit has suffered too much. Every player knows they can be a hero in the fans eyes if they put in a top performance. Win, lose or draw it will be close.

I would be ecstatic with a draw. However NLDs sometimes throw up surprises. Kane is probably going to be on the bench. Despite needing him I don't want to rush him. We need him to last the season.

So Kane and Toby probably only make the bench and Dembele probably out....

4-1-4-1 for this one please..

Lloris

Walker
Dier
Vertonghen
Rose

Wanyama

Lamela
Eriksen
Alli
Son

Janssen
Thats a good team on paper 'hyperspace', just add some confidence - some scoring boots - a little/BIG bit of luck - Voila- shove that where it hurst Arsen..
Remember the great man said "its better to win lucky than to win skilfully" or something like that?
COYS beat these bastards.

300 nil to Woolwich if we play anywhere near as bad as we did last night
150 nil if we actually turn up and try

I think that everybody will be well motivated and focused for this one, and they will show it on the pitch.

We normally put up a good performance when we go to that shit hole in a difficult moment. I concede that this time we may miss too many important players to have any chance and we may get a severe hiding, but a derby is very different from any other game, and I wouldnt say "I would be happy with one point" before the game starts

Let's start from what we can do best at the moment (defending), and see if we can hit them on the counter

Lloris
Walker Wimmer Verts Rose
Wanayama Dier
Lamela Eriksen Alli
Janssen

I don't think it will. We are facing the toughest month of the season, and things may even get worse before they will get better (and they will).

Patience.

Back
Top Bottom