Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Taken from the Wolves forum:

Disgusted by the result we should have been disappointed to only draw never mind lose. They are a bunch of cheats. One of our best performances this season, deserved so much better

Calling us a bunch of fucking cheats! They've got themselves £92m in debt according to their profit and loss accounts trying to weasel their way into the position they are in at the moment and they've got the front to say we are cheats? Fucking inbreds!

Their delusion knows no bounds. The owner of Fosun is worth $6.3bn on his own.
They are basically a poor man's Chelsea or Man C.

Patience ?

I've been waiting for Dier to get up to speed for 4 years and watching Dier and Sissoko masquerading as midfielders for 4 and 2 years respectively. It's already got one manager the sack.

Why instead of giving Dier games to get up to speed, not give those games to Skipp to get up to speed, allow him a few stinkers to maybe develop into potential busy c*** who can also play a bit of football ? Or even give them to Wanyama to get ups to speed, a player proven to be a better 6 than Dier ever was or will be when he was "up to speed".

If he can't find two decent midfielders to play his CM2 system then why not switch to a CM3 system?

The most important thing at this stage isn't purely results, they will just paper over cracks the same way they did for Pochettino, it's solving a problem that has been killing us for more than 18 months now and finding sustainable medium/long term solutions to problems that will keep finding us out, like having an midfield that isn't fit for purpose.

And Lo Celso's best position isn't necessarily as a 10 or AM, he played mostly as an 8 for PSG (and does for Argentina) and in a CM3 is a very good one.

Jenas can be a numpty, as can most footballer pundits, but not this time, he was bang on the money and he showed examples of it. But a couple of us have been actually posting similar examples vids and clips. Dier and Sissoko were constantly putting us under pressure with their inability to play football and defensively Dier was pish. Go and watch him ambling around for their goal.

Le Celso arrived at PSG in the 2016/2017 season

2018/2019 at real betis
games : 48
goals:16
penalties 2
assist:5

2017/2018 at psg
games : 55
goals:6
penalties 0
assist:6

2016/2017 at osg
games : 27
goals:1
penalties 0
assist:4

Lo Celso is capable of playing in both a deep or advanced midfield role but at betis was played in a more advanced role, one of the two AM by Head coach Quique Setien, in the 3-4-2-1 formation, where he scored big numbers as illustrated above and had the same amount of assist or thereabout as previous seasons at Psg.

As i mentioned the first role of action for MOurinho is to get results and look at the personel, so when the Jan window comes, he has a better picture of what he needs to do.

The bayern game showed Mourinho that Skipp, Sess and Foyth will be in his plans.

As we have seen in recent weeks, Mourinho has already opted for the three at the back, with Aurier pushing up, due to our lack of conventional full backs.

Mourinho wants to take a look at Moura,Sissoko and Dier, and by playing them regularily it's easier to put them in the shop window come January.

We do not have enough personel to play 3CM, to give good balance, a destroyer with legs and two playmakers,in what you are probably thinking Ndombele and Le Celso.

Ndombele is injured again and Le Celso has just come back from injury as has Winks.

Le Celso is playing in the CM role for Argentina is because Messi plays further up, also international football is a little different from club football playing 40 plus games a season, as illustrated above with Le Celso number's at PSG.

Jose has not had enough games to see Skipp and Foyth in the past. i persume Jose will line us up, in attack 3-2-4-1 and in defence 4-4-2.

If we play the 4-3-3 as you are saying, then Ali gets shoved to the wing or part of the midfield three. Poch tried the Diamond and we struggled.

If we opt for 4-3-2-1, then Le Celso or Son would still find themself on the bench, as in midfield with our current squad, Dier,Winks and Ndombele, would provide a better balance.

Their delusion knows no bounds. The owner of Fosun is worth $6.3bn on his own.
They are basically a poor man's Chelsea or Man C.

It's unreal how these clubs fans don't see themselves more for what they are now, an outfit for a rich bloke to dress up his new toys in. I know some on here will always see it differently to me but honestly I want us to always be us and that means continuing to behave within our means. It's a dying art being able to still be completely engrained in your history and organic roots and that is something that the likes of Wolves, Chelsea and City will never be able to say. We got Mourinho because of two decades of growth, everything was real, everything was from our doing not because of some geezer who fancied a roll at something different to a craps table one day. What we see in front of us right now runs all the way back to the Hoddle, Mackay, Sheringham, Klinsmann days, none of that has been ripped up and tossed into a farce cabinet. I honestly love seeing how the club I love has developed through its hardships and it's positive steps and honestly I would rather see us go another decade of not winning anything than to see us treated like a new outfit and all that history wash away at the expense of an owner who teats the transfers market like a pick and mix.

Give me real Tottenham just coming up short than a cardboard cutout Tottenham that isn't completely drenched in its past, one that doesn't have he ghost of previous eras running through it. I feel bad that teams and supporters are willing to sell out their clubs heritage and essence built over time for a bit of cheap glory. Do it right or not at all but hey, I'm an old romantic and people prefer a big pair of fake knockers in their face these days I guess :pochunimpressed:. Give me el natural N17 all day long!

Last edited:

2018/2019 at real betis
penalties 2

2017/2018 at psg
penalties 0

2016/2017 at osg
penalties 0

Lo Celso is capable of playing in both a deep or advanced midfield role but at betis was played in a more advanced role, one of the two AM by Head coach Quique Setien, in the 3-4-2-1 formation, where he scored big numbers as illustrated above and had the same amount of assist or thereabout as previous seasons at Psg.

As i mentioned the first role of action for MOurinho is to get results and look at the personel, so when the Jan window comes, he has a better picture of what he needs to do.

The bayern game showed Mourinho that Skipp, Sess and Foyth will be in his plans.

As we have seen in recent weeks, Mourinho has already opted for the three at the back, with Aurier pushing up, due to our lack of conventional full backs.

Mourinho wants to take a look at Moura,Sissoko and Dier, and by playing them regularily it's easier to put them in the shop window come January.

We do not have enough personel to play 3CM, to give good balance, a destroyer with legs and two playmakers,in what you are probably thinking Ndombele and Le Celso.

Ndombele is injured again and Le Celso has just come back from injury as has Winks.

Le Celso is playing in the CM role for Argentina is because Messi plays further up, also international football is a little different from club football playing 40 plus games a season, as illustrated above with Le Celso number's at PSG.

Jose has not had enough games to see Skipp and Foyth in the past. i persume Jose will line us up, in attack 3-2-4-1 and in defence 4-4-2.

If we play the 4-3-3 as you are saying, then Ali gets shoved to the wing or part of the midfield three. Poch tried the Diamond and we struggled.

If we opt for 4-3-2-1, then Le Celso or Son would still find themself on the bench, as in midfield with our current squad, Dier,Winks and Ndombele, would provide a better balance.

Lots there to like but two things:

1. The diamond mainly didn't work because a) of the central congestion and lack of width it caused and b) we needed better strength and tackling prowess at #6 to protect the back 4.

2. GLC / #6 / Ndombele would be balanced; if rather attacking, but you could still swap in Winks or Sissiko as necessary.

Last edited:
He's a winger, isn't Antionio more of a CF?
He's also only 23 whereas Antonion is nearer 30
Antonio has been moved all over the shop by West Ham ... full back, winger and central striker.
Traore looks exactly the same player now as he did at Boro as far as I can see, no real progression at all. In terms of goals per game, his scoring record is about the same as Wanyama.

Really like all the love for Vertonghen at full time, first time I've seen that from any of the videos...a lot of Eriksen at the end too...

Last edited:

2018/2019 at real betis
penalties 2

2017/2018 at psg
penalties 0

2016/2017 at osg
penalties 0

Any manager's priority is winning games and assessing players.

In terms of midfield, our personnel are better suited to a CM3 system than they are to the Cm2 system. We have no current midfielders (match fit or experienced anyway) suited to playing a CM2.

I know it means a compromise somewhere ahead with Alli etc, but I'd take that, rather than the compromises we are seeing constantly for months now in our midfield and our defence as a team.

I'm really not sure what this actually means?:

Not sure how those numbers you posted illustrate that international football is different from club football? I mean, I know it is, but how does his appearances and goal/assist stats alone illustrate that?

I know he played more as an AM at Betis - hence him scoring ten more goals - but that's not what I said.

In 17/18 for PSG, he played one game as an AM. He played 32 as a CM/8 and 14 games as a 6. Nearly all in CM3 systems. Ndombele played in both CM2 and CM3's at Lyon, but was always much more effective in CM3's as an 8.

Good programme for the whingers to watch .... let's talk utter shit for a while

Long my Jenas keep moaning remember he said about himself "Playing centre midfield I don't see myself as defensive" so WTF does he know about defending? Long may MOTD keep being biased against us. Long may they heap praise on the teams we just beat, all that just makes me laugh.

I know it boils MOTD's piss and clearly yours as well - BUT WE WON AGAIN - suck it up.
Did you actually watch the programme, or do you just jump on every opportunity to slag off bus-conductor? Jenas' piece was spot on.

I was surprised that Dier's foul on Traore received so much criticism from the MOTD commentator.

A possible red card?

Fuck off.

I thought Kane and Alderweireld's challenges on him were worse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom