Without tempting fate...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But its now 10 points. So i think we should quietly consider our celebrations for the day when the scum cannot mathematically finish above us.

I was thinking St. Goonering day?

What shall we do??

PS. Saw this briefly touched upon in another thread and thought it needed its own...

I agreed with the sentiment of not doing anything, but having seen the marvellous suggestion tonight that we all make a donation ending in 61p to Warchild, I'm well up for that.

S.L.R said:
I agreed with the sentiment of not doing anything, but having seen the marvellous suggestion tonight that we all make a donation ending in 61p to Warchild, I'm well up for that.
that is fucking awesome, I missed that! :bow:

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea I had on another thread about donating to War Child (or similar charity) en masse on that day.

1. It'd be understated. We're happy to finish above our small-team neighbors, but it's not like getting a bus for winning the league (say). “That'll do.”

2. War Child is symbolic: The gunners will be silenced for the year, and War Child works to help children negatively affected by war.

3. Supporters from around the world can (theoretically) participate, as I'm sure donations can be made by bank card, etc.

4. Donations could be coded with an addition (like 61p or 17p for N17) so we can later know how many donations came from fellow fans.

5. We could work with the charity, and maybe they'd be excited about it as a thing that happens more than just this year :bae:

Éperons said:
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea I had on another thread about donating to War Child (or similar charity) en masse on that day.

1. It'd be understated. We're happy to finish above our small-team neighbors, but it's not like getting a bus for winning the league (say). “That'll do.”

2. War Child is symbolic: The gunners will be silenced for the year, and War Child works to help children negatively affected by war.

3. Supporters from around the world can (theoretically) participate, as I'm sure donations can be made by bank card, etc.

4. Donations could be coded with an addition (like 61p or 17p for N17) so we can later know how many donations came from fellow fans.

5. We could work with the charity, and maybe they'd be excited about it as a thing that happens more than just this year :bae:

Yep. Superb idea!

Better this that something tacky like I suggested.

Let's take the higher ground and be gentlemen about it.

You Stay Classy Tottenham!

When we best them 2-1 this season, I didn't say a think to any Woolwich mates. No texts no mails.

We're not like them. They like to gloat when its safe to gloat when they know nothing can come back and bite them. Gutless soulless filth.

Fuck 'em. We finish above the scum I reckon we should target Man Utd as 'rivals'.

warchild idea is shit here's mine

we all meet up at the emirates, we surround it, we drop our pants and take a shit on it

St. Shitonscum Day

Paydro said:
warchild idea is shit here's mine

we all meet up at the emirates, we surround it, we drop our pants and take a shit on it

St. Shitonscum Day
Shouldn't we just do this no matter where we finish?

The War Child idea is definitely worth running with. http://www.justgiving.com/warchild would be a good idea for the donations as we'd be able to tell who was Spurs with the .17/.61 thing.

Or we could take it a step further and set up a TFC page on justgiving, mention it on all of the active Spurs forums/get as many bloggers as poss to write something and have some more fun spamming Twitter/going for RTs from the players again. We know Huddlestone to be a charitable chap, Benni seems to like a wind-up and JD was pretty quick to match that gooner cunt's bet, so that's three that shouldn't be too hard to get. Money for War Child and some promo for the site is win-win, right?

_PS_ said:
Or we could take it a step further and set up a TFC page on justgiving, mention it on all of the active Spurs forums/get as many bloggers as poss to write something and have some more fun spamming Twitter/going for RTs from the players again. We know Huddlestone to be a charitable chap, Benni seems to like a wind-up and JD was pretty quick to match that gooner cunt's bet, so that's three that shouldn't be too hard to get. Money for War Child and some promo for the site is win-win, right?

Overnight, I understood that if we could beat whatever Jackie pledged (3k?), then that would make this a sort of back door type situation.

If Benny likes to take the piss enough by tweeting about Swansea, maybe he'd be game.

But I figure we have about a month before any real planning needs to start being done. I have more ideas that I came up with regarding all this, but… you understand.

If TFC wants to give it their imprimatur, then the ball can start rolling earlier.

_PS_ said:
justgiving
I did not know about this site. This is interesting. For obvious reasons (I don't have any money in the UK), I would prefer an option that allows int'l giving.

“You can make a donation with any of the major credit cards. We even accept PayPal donations, the most trusted form of online payment around.”

That settles that, then.

Back
Top Bottom