with an eye on the forthcoming NLD.....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A comment on the Bale thread just reminded me of something I read recently. Hunter Davies, for anyone who doesn't know, is a massive Spurs fan and biographer of the club. He said that fairly recently he was at a Spurs match when the reminder to stand up if you hate Woolwich rung around the stadium. Davies and a chap next to him were the only ones who weren't stood, their conversation was as follows

Davies: I'm too old to hate

Man: I'm too old to stand.

Well I liked it.

How come your in the sin bin??
Because 4 people who post on TFC have nothing better to do with their lives than post carping comments about pretty much anything I post, and dislike or disagree with a large amount of my posts and generally behave like schoolchildren - because they can, without sanction. I gave them some feedback and they voted to have me sin binned, along presumably with some other people who would rather not see posts of this nature, either because they too have an issue with me - or because they aren't aware of the infantile nature and history of the dispute.

Because 4 people who post on TFC have nothing better to do with their lives than post carping comments about pretty much anything I post, and dislike or disagree with a large amount of my posts and generally behave like schoolchildren - because they can, without sanction. I gave them some feedback and they voted to have me sin binned, along presumably with some other people who would rather not see posts of this nature, either because they too have an issue with me - or because they aren't aware of the infantile nature and history of the dispute.
If the dispute is infantile and there is a history, just what is said history and why did you come to a board with no rules that they had already signed up to if you thought they were wankers?

If the dispute is infantile and there is a history, just what is said history and why did you come to a board with no rules that they had already signed up to if you thought they were wankers?
arcspace I have known from GG, but as he is ubiquitous, it is impossible to avoid him. I assume that one of them is also ex GG, as he started posting his negativity the minute my name appeared and the other 2 simply cannot take any form of criticism at all. I currently have some 13 negative points and 10 of them come from the same person. (I told him that I didn't think he was as funny as he clearly believed himself to be)
I personally have them on ignore and have asked them to do the same, but they can't stop, or let it go. My biggest failing being that I eventually felt the need to respond. (despite not seeing their posts you see the responses to them, and as the negative count rises, you realise that they are being busy little bees.)
I have long held the belief that none of this would probably happen if we all knew each other first, but some people obviously get impressions of people from their posts and feel it is sufficient information to form a dislike to someone they have never met.
I also believe that for some people, the internet allows them to throw off the constraints of their lives and behave in a manner that they don't have the personality or moral fortitude to do in reality, and that the freedom is too much for them.
Oh, I don't have arcspace on ignore, as the unintentional humour derived from some of his posts is too funny to miss. He also sometimes posts things that I agree with, which given the sheer volume of his output is a bit like spotting a unicorn mating with a dragon, and shouldn't be missed.

Back
Top Bottom