Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These rumors that Levy was pushing to buy a declining Berbatov even though Sherwood didn't want him, sounded like the gross fantasy of some obsessive ex-boyfriend like "yeah, you thought you were too good for me but now look at you, coming crawling back in the end now that you're too old and Mr. Big Shot dumped you"

Why isn't Draxler's joining the mob down the road the top story on the bbc's site?

1380970110562.jpg

Think we could be in real, real trouble if we one of our two strikers (Ade/Soldado) gets injured when JD leaves. We have proven so far that playing one up front doesnt work and with only Harry Kane to cover I feel the lack of goals will cost us Champions League. I could be proven wrong, and I hope I am, but why oh why didnt Sherwood invest..

Think we could be in real, real trouble if we one of our two strikers (Ade/Soldado) gets injured when JD leaves. We have proven so far that playing one up front doesnt work and with only Harry Kane to cover I feel the lack of goals will cost us Champions League. I could be proven wrong, and I hope I am, but why oh why didnt Sherwood invest..

I get the feeling that a whole lot more loaning was done this window in the PL than usual. Is this maybe a reflection on how clubs are understanding that prices are inflated in January?

Of course I could be relying too heavily on anecdotal evidence, but it's 7am, so kmria.

Chadli and Lamela can play behind the striker, Sherwood has stated so.

215 pages of transfer talk, and we bought/loaned fuck all!!

Can't help but think that window was our best chance to get Luke Shaw, and not sure how we didn't replace Jermain. Not aware of any young strikers coming through the ranks, and Harry Kane simply isn't good enough to lead the line.

I feel we've left ourselves short, where as we could have gained the advantage over Liverpool and Woolwich who also didn't invest.

Disappointed.

215 pages of transfer talk, and we bought/loaned fuck all!!

Can't help but think that window was our best chance to get Luke Shaw, and not sure how we didn't replace Jermain. Not aware of any young strikers coming through the ranks, and Harry Kane simply isn't good enough to lead the line.

I feel we've left ourselves short, where as we could have gained the advantage over Liverpool and Woolwich who also didn't invest.

Disappointed.
Actually, the last winter transfer window was the one that truly disappointed me because buying a new striker would have made a lot of difference back then. This window was just me getting used to us not acting in the transfer market when we should.

So yes, i am probably not as disappointed as you are, but this is just because i was expecting us not to buy anyone.

The winter transfer window is a bust all over though, the quality of players available is shit, it seems to be designed for relegation threatened teams who will sign anybody who will have them.

To be fair Palace done some great business.

Mata
Zouma (jury's still out on this guy but rated well on Fifa so must be good).
Traore

There is smart business to be done, and I worry a little bit that the teams directly around us strengthened when we weakened ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom