Win or Just play well?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Win or Play well?

• Play well and get in Europe

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Win Trophies

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
The point is that “quality football” is not and should not be a goal unto itself. The goal is to win. “Quality football” may sometimes be the best strategy to achieve the goal. And when it is, we should do it. If it’s not the best strategy, we shouldn’t do it. If we win a CL title playing “anti-football” I’ll be over the moon.
I think it's because we don't win trophies so we are more likely to say playing good football is more important. If we had beat Liverpool in a scrappy boring way then we would have all been over the moon. Don't think people would say "nah, rather we played well & lost.".
It's like last year a lot of us said getting to the CL final means nothing if you don't win it. But then this year we say it's an amazing achievement getting to the CL. It's human nature to change your preference to suit what you have.

I've really enjoyed how we've played under Poch. It's been amazing overall. However, I would trade one of those champions league campaigns, for a Europa or FA Cup win.

I just want to win something. Not just for me, but for the team. I feel Jan, Harry, Son etc deserve it. Watching how gutted they were after the champions league final was heartbreaking.

Lack of trophies doesn't bother me in the slightest to be honest.

And if we're not winning trophies, I'd rather we were at least playing some exciting fucking brand of football which I feel like we haven't done consistently in a few years.

Not that I don't WANT us to win trophies. If we were good enough to win one, we would have done over the last few years, we've had more than enough opportunities to do so.

Obviously I'd like us to play well, but if we win the league because all our goals come from something like a deflection off of Sissoko's arse then I wouldn't give a monkeys tbh. End of the day though there's a difference between playing well and being entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom