Will we win trophies with Pochettino? (Read thread before voting)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will we win trophies with Poch as our manager!

• Yes

Votes: 71 67.6%
  • No

Votes: 34 32.4%

• Total voters
I really believe the next two years is gonna be crucial for us we moved out of whl right when the squad was reaching the peak of their powers now some of them have peaked dele eriksen son harry toby verts and to a certain extent lloris still are at near their best we have some young ones in foyth sanchez and winks breaking in to the squad regularly but lamela aurier trippier and even sissoko all are going to start declining now so the squad to be refreshed this season has definitely shown us that in spades, poch can win that trophy but levy has got to pull the trigger on signings this summer.

Winning trophy’s is so 2018
:dembelelol:
Seriously tho, has anyone looked at the table? Looked at the remaining fixtures? Truly digested our current form?
Staying in the fucking top 4 come what May might be more of a concern right now.....It’s starting to look a lot like Redknapps final season right about now, and if the worst case scenario does happen, will Pochettino still be in the job next season?
I’m going to quote Pochettino here “our project, our challenge, is to move into the new stadium with Champions league”
:harrysmile:

Winning trophy’s is so 2018
:dembelelol:
Seriously tho, has anyone looked at the table? Looked at the remaining fixtures? Truly digested our current form?
Staying in the fucking top 4 come what May might be more of a concern right now.....It’s starting to look a lot like Redknapps final season right about now, and if the worst case scenario does happen, will Pochettino still be in the job next season?
I’m going to quote Pochettino here “our project, our challenge, is to move into the new stadium with Champions league”
:harrysmile:
Goons run in is easier than ours even if we were playing well I’d still have there’s than ours! United have city to play but it’s not looking good for us on current form......

Bored of the champions league now anyway playing Dortmund is getting tedious.....:levyeyes:

Goons run in is easier than ours even if we were playing well I’d still have there’s than ours! United have city to play but it’s not looking good for us on current form......

Bored of the champions league now anyway playing Dortmund is getting tedious.....:levyeyes:
It was a joke!

Yes. This season has been tough, with several handicaps. No signings, unexpectedly no home, loads of injuries. The squad has improved but our teams have struggled. we seem to be set up wrong but each season Poch adapts slightly, adding a new style to the teams repertoire.

We do need new players, most notably in midfield and wing back. We must get those signings right, and I hope we spend whatever we need to. I hope a young striker comes through next season or the one after from our youth.

I think we will win the CL before the league title. We are hated in the league and there is a lot of recent history. In Europe we are freer (not a Brexit statement). I hope we don't draw English teams, that's our best chance.
“We are hated” yes I’d agree we are and certainly by two other clubs that share the city! Yet their rivalry doesn’t seem to exist unless when they play each other which is strange because they in recent seasons have challenged where as we haven’t until 2,3 seasons ago. We are up against it on all fronts some of our making and definitely against them we are their cup final now and they raise their game for us,but it’s up us to raise ours!

Absolutely yes. We desperately need freshening up of the squad and I think this season will push Levy and co to improve the squad this summer. HAS to be a big summer for us for so many reasons, a nice break for the tired legs, three top drawer signings with a few out could see us really push next year in the new gaff.
Moving home will be such a huge boost for everyone involved at the club and the fans and cannot be underestimated-I think if hes gets his transfer targets this summer we could lift a pot next year tbh we are so close.

You don't include Sissoko in that list?! Nuts
The guy has given everything this season, MOTM performances.

I would remove a couple from the above list but that's for another day.

I agree with you he has, I just think in the long term he can be upgraded, the players I have listed are players I would want to stay at the club for the long term.

I am surprised so many people believe we will win trophies under Poch, and that isn't because he is a very good manager. My belief is because whilst Poch is around so is Levy. Levy's only interest is money, and the focus will always be qualifying for CL. We don't have a squad good enough to rotate in order we can win domestic trophies, and we certainly have a good enough squad to win the league or CL. My vote is based on Levy being around a lot longer than Poch, which I suspect won't be that long.

Back
Top Bottom