Wilfried Zaha

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because, dont ya know, not so long ago we spent over 20mill on a player who turned out to be a flop. So we must never, ever pay such transfer fees again

We've signed three players that were over £20m+ Soldado, Lamela and Son. Bobby whilst a lovely bloke, did flop somewhat. Lamela has taken three seasons to really settle in and can be considered a success albeit we had to be patient. Sonny the jury is still out on him, but again if we are patient it might pay off.

We've signed three players that were over £20m+ Soldado, Lamela and Son. Bobby whilst a lovely bloke, did flop somewhat. Lamela has taken three seasons to really settle in and can be considered a success albeit we had to be patient. Sonny the jury is still out on him, but again if we are patient it might pay off.
your right mate... but if I make the argument that we should spend some serious dosh if we want to be serious challengers I usually get howled down with "And look at what happened last time we splashed the cash" responses

What the fuck is this? I thought we were moving up in the world not backwards? Wilfried Zaha doesn't have the right attitude or footballing ability to fit in our current setup. Completely out of the blue - I'm sure we could pick up an unknown pacy dribbler winger from elsewhere with a bit more upside? Wouldn't want him anywhere near our current starting 11.

your right mate... but if I make the argument that we should spend some serious dosh if we want to be serious challengers I usually get howled down with "And look at what happened last time we splashed the cash" responses

If the right player came along I am sure the board will sanction a move for them. £20m player these days seems to be Bolaise, Wijnaldum, Mane.....

Last edited:
It was under Levy, who has the final say on what we spend. you nasty little outed woolwich mania member you.
So Levy is responsible if a player turns out good or not? You're thicker than 2 planks it seems, annoying little mouth-breather - log off for a while and go catch Pokemon or something

Because your mindset is that carelessly spending money buys success, and calculated purchases cannot.

You seem to have a bit of an issue understanding the simple reasons why your statements aren't popular. Reminds me of a guy in Florida...

So Levy is responsible if a player turns out good or not? You're thicker than 2 planks it seems, annoying little mouth-breather - log off for a while and go catch Pokemon or something
Your not quite getting this are you, my little gooner friend. No one is saying Levy is responsible for how good or bad a player develops. OK. Let that sink in first....got it now....good.
However, Levy is responsible for sanctioning the transfer fee...So, if the player in question were to cost 20MILLION quid or more, it's Levy, not Poch or any previous manager who has the final say.
Understandy.......good. now fuck off.

Last edited:
Because your mindset is that carelessly spending money buys success, and calculated purchases cannot.

You seem to have a bit of an issue understanding the simple reasons why your statements aren't popular. Reminds me of a guy in Florida...
Well well, Mr fucking Popular, what a patronising cunt you really fucking are.
Some disagree with me yes, others agree, as you can easily view for yourself. And where did I ever say we should carelessly spend money. I just question Levy's enthusiasm for success sometimes. Think we could do more. Whereas if you caught him shafting your missus up the kyber you'd be convinced he was acting in the best interests of the club

Last edited:
Well well, Mr fucking Popular, what a patronising cunt you really fucking are.
Some disagree with me yes, others agree, as you can easily view for yourself. And where did I ever say we should carelessly spend money. I just question Levy's enthusiasm for success sometimes. Think we could do more. Whereas if you caught him shafting your missus up the kyber you'd be convinced he was acting in the best interests of the club

You harp on all the time about how we don't spend money and have no ambition.

It's hard not to be patronising when you're responding to a post that sounds so vacant.

You still haven't enlightened us as to some examples of these top players we used to attract, btw.

Because, dont ya know, not so long ago we spent over 20mill on a player who turned out to be a flop. So we must never, ever pay such transfer fees again
That wasn't under Poch, you helmet
Everyone should have known why Pochettino was brought in and what he does by now.
We seem to have got 3 decent players for £39m under Poch in Alderwiered, Janssen and Wanyama.
Then again we could have bought Bolasie for the same price.
The stadium is getting built Johnny and that costs money. The lodge is getting built, more money.
Pochettino is here to use the academy and supplement it with decent signings.
We have never been £30m club bar one year. Yes the TV money has increased but a chunk is earmarked for the other stuff.
Everton sold stones for £50m so that means they should be spending £160m this season surely.
For all their bluffing Spam have spent the same as us.
Saints have bought 3 players for £27m and sold £57m, really splashing the TV money there.
Palace have spent £50m on 4 players and sold £43m so far, TV money Haemorrhaging there.
I think the TV money is mostly spent on wage bills.
Cunts like Conte meaning about the state of the transfer market and how the mad fees are making it 'difficult' for him.
Obviously knows fuck all about how that all started & Chavdom.

Chill doubting Thomas.

Everyone should have known why Pochettino was brought in and what he does by now.
We seem to have got 3 decent players for £39m under Poch in Alderwiered, Janssen and Wanyama.
Then again we could have bought Bolasie for the same price.
The stadium is getting built Johnny and that costs money. The lodge is getting built, more money.
Pochettino is here to use the academy and supplement it with decent signings.
We have never been £30m club bar one year. Yes the TV money has increased but a chunk is earmarked for the other stuff.
Everton sold stones for £50m so that means they should be spending £160m this season surely.
For all their bluffing Spam have spent the same as us.
Saints have bought 3 players for £27m and sold £57m, really splashing the TV money there.
Palace have spent £50m on 4 players and sold £43m so far, TV money Haemorrhaging there.
I think the TV money is mostly spent on wage bills.
Cunts like Conte meaning about the state of the transfer market and how the mad fees are making it 'difficult' for him.
Obviously knows fuck all about how that all started & Chavdom.

Chill doubting Thomas.
A friendly and we'll thought out counter argument. I can accept that. I disagree with you using the likes of Palace and Southampton as benchmarks though. No comparison to Spurs, Europe's 11th richest club. A much bigger club with a much bigger fan base with far higher expectations, and rightly so

Last edited:
A friendly and we'll thought out counter argument. I can accept that. I disagree with you using the likes of Palace and Southampton as benchmarks though. No comparison to Spurs, Europe's 11th richest club. Far bigger expectations and rightly so
Yeah...I do not like to use those as examples, but Liverpool have always been able to spend more than us, and the other 4 we have no hope of going toe to toe with in fees and wages atm.
So, I just picked Saints & Spam who were next down and Everton ( a similar club in their City) who have been bought out and given bundles to spend. Palace as they just spent £20m+ on a player and the latest hype..
There was my rational

Back
Top Bottom