Wigan v Spurs: AVB’s Conundrums

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
The euphoria of the win against Man City has slowly ebbed away to be replaced with that usual touch of apprehension. Spurs travel to Wigan on Saturday a team who has become accustomed to wrecking dreams. The DW Stadium has laid many a title challenge and push for safety to bed, Spurs need to be at their best if they wish to avoid a similar fate. Back in November I commented that Wigan Athletic, the team that no one really [...]

Continue reading...

It seems to me your article assumes that AVB goes with a 4-2-3-1 and doesn't switch to a 4-3-3. Is it certain he's going to keep the old formation? I really liked the way they looked with a 4-3-3 and as the guys on the pod brilliantly discussed it could cause some problems to Wigan's 3-4-3.

First Half team
Lloris​
Walker Vertonghen Daws BAE​
Parker Dembele​
Lennon Dempsey​
Bale​
Defoe​
Second Half Team
Lloris​
Walker Vertonghen Daws BAE​
Dembele Hudds Holtby​
Bale Defoe Dempsey​