Wigan (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris - 6 - ok

Walker - 6.5 - good support out wide
Daws - 6.5 - did well
Verts - 6 - mixed bag
Naughton - 4 - poor

Parker - 4 - needs to be dropped for Southapmton, please
Dembele - 5 - no impact
Hudd -7 - some great deliveries

Dempsey - 5.5 - little output
Defoe - 6 - unlucky at times
Bale - 7 - threat

BAE - 6 - did a job
Holtby - 6.5 - tried
Lennon - 6 - rusty

Lloris - 6.5

Walker - 6.5
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 6
Naughton - 4

Parker - 5.5
Dembele - 6
Huddlestone - 7

Dempsey - 5.5
Bale - 7
Defoe - 6

BAE - 6
Holtby - 6
Lennon - 6

Lloris - 6.5

Walker - 7.5
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 6
Naughton - 4

Hudd - 7.5
Dembele - 6
Parker - 4.5

Dempsey - 6.5
Bale - 7
Defoe - 4

Holtby - 7
BAE - 6
Lennon - 6.5

Lloris 6 didn't do anything wrong for either goal.

Walker - 7 One of our main attacking outlets.
Dawson - 6 Didn't do anything wrong.
Vertonghen - 5 Should have been tighter to Boycie (Maaaarlene!)
Naughton -4 Poor defensively and offered nothing going forward a poor selection from AVB

Huddlestone - 8 I loved seeing someone so positive on the ball, passing forward and not just punting it and hoping for the best.
Parker - 4 Not good enough in any respect.
Dembele - 6 was ok when he was on, we will miss him, but maybe now would be a good time to get his hip sorted and ready for next season?

Bale - 6 Good pressure for the goal, lacked the guile to shift around the pitch to find any space. He made one run into a group of 4 Wigan players that seemed absolutely futile. When he could have passed.
Defoe - 6 Lively but ultimately fruitless.
Dempsey - 6 I suppose this was a forced selection really, with no Ade and Lennon not quite fit. For me he is too similar to Defoe in the fact that most of his best play is from beating the offside trap or poaching a goal. We needed something different to that. Siggy would have been a better pick.

Subs

Holtby - 6 IMO should start instead of Parker from now on. But will likely have to play him and Parker if Dembele is out.
BAE - 6 came on when the damage was done, couldn't really do much to rectify it.
Lennon - 6 ditto.

AVB - 5 Pleased he started 433 with Hudd, but baffling he sacrificed width to pick Naughton.

Lloris 7
Walker 7
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 5
Naughton 4
Parker 4
Huddlestone 7
Dembele 6
Bale 6
Defoe 5
Dempsey 5

Holtby 5
Assou-Ekotto 5
Lennon 6

Lloris 7
Walker 7
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 5
Naughton 4
Parker 4
Huddlestone 7
Dembele 6
Bale 6
Defoe 5
Dempsey 5

Holtby 5
Assou-Ekotto 5
Lennon 6

I agree I just think people a bit harsh on Naughton yesterday, I dont see how he was really any different to BAE now, the major problem is that I would have had Lennon on after 58mins, not 73 (maybe wasn't fit) as when Holtby and Parker on the whole game was passing Parker by sadly.

When the midfield was Dembele, Parker, Hudd it looked a lot more balanced, Holtby may have to start for Parker soon, but is that Holtby's position?

Naughton is very different to BAE, even when they are both poor.

He doesn't defend well on his left side, he overcompensates and constantly gets beaten on the inside (!!!) and going forward he offers absolutely nothing; not only does he have the worst 'cold' (left) foot I have seen for a while in a PL footballer, he also has no clue of how to stay wide to be and outlet and stretch defences.

Lloris - 7

Walker - 8
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 6
Naughton - 5

Parker - 4
Dembele - 5
Huddlestone - 8.5 (never thought he'd get a game again let alone a score like that after some of his performances earlier in the year)

Dempsey - 5
Defoe - 4
Bale - 5 (unfortunately we rely on him so much that an average display really adversely effects the team. Was unlucky tbh as nothing came off for him).

Holtby - 7
BAE - 7
Lennon - 7

Back
Top Bottom