Wig On @ home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been to our last three games. During the 2nd half at Southampton when we weren't playing well, our fans were rallying behind the players and cheering them on.

At Norwich, the fans were chanting Kyle Walker's name even though he hasn't played well all season, and giving encouragement to some of the other youngsters like Carroll and Naughton. We lost, but there was no drama at the end.

We get to the Wigan game at home, and the atmosphere is dreadful. People slating every misplaced pass, every team member, generally everything. The Lane has become a bowl of silence, and people spending their energies booing and slagging off the team, instead of trying to cheer them on to victory.

Dont forget there are a lot of people who will have watched us concede 4 at home to Chelsea, a terrible performance away at Maribor, a good start but woeful 2nd half at Southampton, a poor performance at Norwich and then possibly the worst performance for a long time at home against Wigan.

You just have to accept there are people out there who will have just got a little frustrated with the team over the last few games.

When did Spurs fans become such fucking moaning pathetic plastic cunts??
Don't tell me that one season in the CL has spoiled an entire generation of support... we're better than that, surely...?

Don't tell me that one season in the CL has spoiled an entire generation of support... we're better than that, surely...?

Theres a good debate on this in the Modern Tottenham thread...I think a couple things we need to remember are that this problem is not exclusive to us.

And the atmosphere was better before overall, but we havent gone from 90 minute carnival type support to library levels.

Both ends of the spectrum are being a little exaggerated imo

Our support used to be a source of pride, Sunday was such an embarrassment it was upsetting.

groundhogday7.gif

WE MUST PUT IT RIGHT TOMORROW, and nip this sudden Spurs fan lethargy in the bud before it's too late.

A cracking old fashioned European atmosphere with 90minutes of old-school Spurs sing-songs in J Section, will surely remind the rest of the crowd EXACTLY WHAT IT IS TO SUPPORT TOTTENHAM.

Regardless of the result, it will be interesting to see if the players performance differs with a bit of noise inside the ground tomorrow, rather than the lacklustre, lazy, shockingly expectant atmosphere that stank the place out on saTURDay!

I'LL BE DOING MY BIT IN THE 'HART' OF J-SECTION!

Back
Top Bottom