why nine elms and not northumberland park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see the mayor and the chancellor are getting behind the northern line extension scheme to nine elms but not to northumberland park.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... ew-jobs.do

there even giving the area an enterprise zone status good for 25000 jobs in one of the wealthest parts of the western hemisphere. Note nine elms is the prefeered relocation spot for bluescum

this is disgracefull for less money the victoria line could be extendeded and giving tottenham an enterprise status would help relieve the huge social degeneration the area currently suffers.

suppose S.W london and property devolpers vote borris and tottenham doesn't keep your people happy. I honestly feal that this is one the most cynical acts of and there been a few of Boris's regime.

sorry for the poltics

The Northern Line spur to Battersea Park has been on the cards for ages. Also, people talk about SW London as if it's all Wimbledon and Putney. Nine Elms is crammed full of some extremely run down estates. To be honest, the Wandsworth Road area round there, and nearby Stockwell, are even worse than Tottenham IMO.

On the other hand the American Embassy is being relocated there, the Nine Elms Lane area is going to be massively built up because London needs new sites for big injections of business. Nine Elms is a stones throw from Westminster of course, unlike zone 3 Tottenham in north east London. So if they want a new Canary Wharf style project (which they do), then I can't imagine them turning their nose up at Nine Elms, since it is mostly underused at the moment, and basically makes more sense.

The Victoria Line is hugely overcrowded and any extensions to it, in the north or south, are very unlikely.

I want Tottenham redeveloped, I want the NDP, don't get me wrong. But I don't agree that what's happening at Nine Elms is one of the most cynical acts of Boris' regime.

Having said that, Tottenham and Croydon not getting EZ status after the riots, when they had appeared to be nailed on certs beforehand, was extremely disappointing. The two areas worst hit by rioting were given two fingers, when actually, as far as EZ status goes, both areas would have been sensible candidates.

Back
Top Bottom