Why cant 1882 be at every game?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree in principle but it is a two way street. 2 shots on target in 2 games is going to try the enthusiasm of even the most diehard fan.

Yeah I do get that. Of course it helps when you are winning and everyone is buzzing. But it works the other way. If we are playing crap perhaps supporting the team vocally might help them a little.

It is a difficult one, but I would say that I am one of probably few people who isn't as swayed by the result. Costs me a bomb to get to the lane from here so I don't spend my day sulking.

I don't think bad atmosphere can be attributed to bad performances, because at every away game i've ever been to (~30) has been brilliant. Even when we play shit, away crowds are phenomenal, so there's obviously 2,000 or so fans that are happy to sing all game. Get the people that go to the away's, stick them all in the shelf/park lane corner and start blowing the fucking roof off.

There are a lot of teams that are proper shit that offer a better atmosphere than us at the moment. We seem to have a special kind of "fuck this shit I am booing because it isn't 4-0" type of fan.
IMO the crowd would've turned on the players a lot earlier in the game under AVB or Sherwood than they did yesterday. I don't think many people would have as much of a problem if we'd battered West Broms goal, Foster got MOTM and we'd lost to switching off at a set piece, it'd be spursy and disappointing but at least have a go.

I'd agree with you about the fans, but I think with the majority it's because we've been so stop-start performance wise over the last few seasons. Everyone gets their hopes up after the QPR game, then the next 2 league games we go out with a whimper against Liverpool and barely turn up against West Brom.

I don't think bad atmosphere can be attributed to bad performances, because at every away game i've ever been to (~30) has been brilliant. Even when we play shit, away crowds are phenomenal, so there's obviously 2,000 or so fans that are happy to sing all game. Get the people that go to the away's, stick them all in the shelf/park lane corner and start blowing the fucking roof off.

Away fans have a different mentality for every club, as we see at White Hart Lane where some away fans are making noise even if they're losing (or even more if they're winning..)

Last edited:
IMO the crowd would've turned on the players a lot earlier in the game under AVB or Sherwood than they did yesterday. I don't think many people would have as much of a problem if we'd battered West Broms goal, Foster got MOTM and we'd lost to switching off at a set piece, it'd be spursy and disappointing but at least have a go.

I'd agree with you about the fans, but I think with the majority it's because we've been so stop-start performance wise over the last few seasons. Everyone gets their hopes up after the QPR game, then the next 2 league games we go out with a whimper against Liverpool and barely turn up against West Brom.

You're missing the point of the purpose of the 1882 movement, it's not to go and sing depending on how we play or the score, it's the idea of turning up to the game and just singing. Regardless of the score, performance or team selection, just sing for the shirt, sing because you're Tottenham.

Could not agree with you more, despite being hammered 4-0 at Chelsea last season our support was fucking brilliant throughout and seemed to just get better as their goals went in.

I actually remember really enjoying myself and do at every away game I go to, no matter what the final score. Our away support is amazing, and I so wish this could be replicated at WHL.

Last edited:
Why no 1882 at every game. Because they are kids and cant afford it. As for singing,or "supporting" the team it is meant to be entertaining watching Tottenham at home. Under AvB my heart and soul was ripped out. Nothing to get excited about yet, all this depends if you have seen a 100 games or 1,000 games, a team up for the fight would help for a start!

Could not agree with you more, despite being hammered 4-0 at Chelsea last season our support was fucking brilliant throughout and seemed to just get better as their goals went in.

I actually remember really enjoying myself and do at every away game I go to, no matter what the final score. Our away support is amazing, and I so wish this could be replicated at WHL.
Really enjoyed myself as well that day, despite the result. Great support. I would like to think it will be the same at Woolwich on Saturday but I think if we go 3-0 down a lot of people will leave, sadly.

See I'd like to be able to agree but I was at the Newcastle game last year where we absolutely battered them but just couldn't put the ball in the net... Yet the atmosphere was shite and there was a lot of booing at the end.

I get that 1882 can't do every game... but at EVERY game there must be a few hundred (thousand pushing it?) that WOULD want to sing for 90+ mins... would it really be beyond the club to allocate even half a block, towards the back, where everyone knows that if you book there, you're booking to sing... and if you don't like it, there are 50+ other blocks to sit in!
They do it for the kids/Chirpy's club section... why not the Growd-Ups?

I get that 1882 can't do every game... but at EVERY game there must be a few hundred (thousand pushing it?) that WOULD want to sing for 90+ mins... would it really be beyond the club to allocate even half a block, towards the back, where everyone knows that if you book there, you're booking to sing... and if you don't like it, there are 50+ other blocks to sit in!
They do it for the kids/Chirpy's club section... why not the Growd-Ups?

Exactly what I'm on about, all we need a place where there aren't too many season tickets and we'll camp there, can use social media as a way of organising it. You would obviously have to book very quickly (and maybe have bronze membership) but frankly I don't see it as an issue which would stop this kind of thing from happening.

You're missing the point of the purpose of the 1882 movement, it's not to go and sing depending on how we play or the score, it's the idea of turning up to the game and just singing. Regardless of the score, performance or team selection, just sing for the shirt, sing because you're Tottenham.
easy enough doing that for pony u21 games where no-one's arsed about the results and you get in for 3 quid, but paying 30+ to see the first team, the team people actually care about, and all the emotions get brought into it and it's different.

My ST seat is in the Paxton and it is mostly like a morgue in there. You get the odd voice singing now and again but so rare. If I could sit somewhere else, I definitely would move!

I agree with Fryers, and hope something like this will be done.

How much the players earn doesn't change one bit the fact that they are puny mortals such as ourselves, who need positive feedback to perform.

When there is a negative atmosphere, as there have been quite often the post few seasons, it makes players anxious. It affects confidence and team morale, it affects performance, which affects confidence. It loads to bad performances both in the short and the long run.

We need SUPPORTERS to cheer for the team. The players need support.

Don't look at it as if you're paying for a ticket to be entertained. When you enter a stadium you are a part of the twelfth man. You affects the result. Please try to be aware of that, Please help your team win.

We are all Tottenham Hotspurs.

Back
Top Bottom