Why cant 1882 be at every game?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reading through this thread it is clear to see that even if you disagree about the performance on the pitch by our players most of us agree that vocal support is needed. Now i myself love a decent atmosphere and over the last couple of years it has got so bad that i will pass on most matches if i cant get my ticket in the south lower or first 2 blocks of the shelf. Being a member however i know you can easily get a ticket where you want with a bit of effort on the day. So this whole lets organise a block or two and book early for the fans who want to sing is definitely worth a try, nothing worse then forking out for a game and being surrounded by miserable twats or newcomer tourists. Unless we ourselves act on this the lane will be a shithole like it has been for the last two season, apart from the odd game.

Reading through this thread it is clear to see that even if you disagree about the performance on the pitch by our players most of us agree that vocal support is needed. Now i myself love a decent atmosphere and over the last couple of years it has got so bad that i will pass on most matches if i cant get my ticket in the south lower or first 2 blocks of the shelf. Being a member however i know you can easily get a ticket where you want with a bit of effort on the day. So this whole lets organise a block or two and book early for the fans who want to sing is definitely worth a try, nothing worse then forking out for a game and being surrounded by miserable twats or newcomer tourists. Unless we ourselves act on this the lane will be a shithole like it has been for the last two season, apart from the odd game.

The top corner of the park lane always has plenty of tickets available. Block 37 I think. I know it is not the best block but get a group, make some noise and it could get the park lane lower / first few blocks of the shelf going.

I usually buy up there If I can't get south lower.

Maybe it's time to pump the sound of cheering through speakers for the full 90mins. Pre-record some songs in there, maybe some vile abuse every now an again, but it would almost be a backing track to the real fans in the stadium. If the away lot get a bit excited well just turn it up and drown them out.
Apollo creed had a similar thing when he was training for the rematch in rocky 2. Ps he got jobbed in that fight should have been stopped after a couple of rounds.

Maybe it's time to pump the sound of cheering through speakers for the full 90mins. Pre-record some songs in there, maybe some vile abuse every now an again, but it would almost be a backing track to the real fans in the stadium. If the away lot get a bit excited well just turn it up and drown them out.
Apollo creed had a similar thing when he was training for the rematch in rocky 2. Ps he got jobbed in that fight should have been stopped after a couple of rounds.

We'd be a laughing stock though!

This will sound like an excuse. And it is an excuse. But it's a valid one. Our kick off times really do not help with atmosphere. 13:30 on a Sunday is the graveyard slot of the weekend and we're in it. Constantly. QPR, Liverpool, West Brom, Newcastle, Stoke already played or scheduled this season and they'll be more. If the crowd starts off muted it's going to require something on the pitch to get it going. If the crowd started off a bit livelier at least there is a chance that it might give the team a lift.

Was with 1882 in block 35 just now, got to admit, still not easy to get involved even with the mass support. Problem is density, unless your in the thick of it it's easy to feel isolated and the songs break down.

Also doesn't help that when block 35 became available it seemed to be bought up by 12 year olds.

Was with 1882 in block 35 just now, got to admit, still not easy to get involved even with the mass support. Problem is density, unless your in the thick of it it's easy to feel isolated and the songs break down.

Also doesn't help that when block 35 became available it seemed to be bought up by 12 year olds.
I sit in the Paxton and have to admit that if I didn't already know it from coming on here, I wouldn't have known it was an 1882 game. Whereas most of the games they've done I can tell the Park Lane is a lot louder than normal.

Was never going to be perfect when the block only came on sale at a later date.

However, it was a good night, I still had fun and from within he block at least, the atmosphere sounded OK.

From within the block it seemed pretty loud... Though a lot of the songs were really fragmented. Hard to judge what it sounded like to the rest of the ground though. Think the fact that the Forest fans were quite vocal made a difference - unusual situation for 1882

From within the block it seemed pretty loud... Though a lot of the songs were really fragmented. Hard to judge what it sounded like to the rest of the ground though. Think the fact that the Forest fans were quite vocal made a difference - unusual situation for 1882

They were very loud, hurt my ears. Did anyone see this wally?
_77804147_024043768-1.jpg

They looked more like the poddington peas than Cloughy impersonators.

Back
Top Bottom