Who's our best player

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's our best player

• Kane

Votes: 149 63.9%
  • Dele

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • SON

Votes: 79 33.9%
  • Sisoko

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Vertogen

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Alderweireld

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Lloris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ericsson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Le celso

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Ndombele

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Aurier

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Dier

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
Did I ever say he COULDN'T pass, you cunt?

That doesn't even make sense, dumb dumb.

I was replying to your bullshit argument that Kane's passing game "waaaaaay outshines Sonny" which is total bollocks on your part.

It does.... You obviously chose not to consider the crazy, long passes that Kane has in his locker... That's ok.... Being a knee jerk fanboy I'd expect no different from you.

How am I a fanboy, cunt? You and Clynelish Clynelish can fuck off to your corner and kneejerk each other for reactions I don't give a damn lmao. Son got me into Spurs as did most people from Asia.

You evidently don't understand what knee-jerk means, you ranting imbecile.

Anybody outside of London is a "fanboy" according to your stupid definition.

Not at all. I've already posted my definition of what a fanboy is and my outlook on foreign fans...... Go read it and STFU you moron.

When Sonny leaves you'll be gone.

Did I ever say he COULDN'T pass, you cunt? I was replying to your bullshit argument that Kane's passing game "waaaaaay outshines Sonny" which is total bollocks on your part. How am I a fanboy, cunt? You and Clynelish Clynelish can fuck off to your corner and kneejerk each other for reactions I don't give a damn lmao. Son got me into Spurs as did most people from Asia. Anybody outside of London is a "fanboy" according to your stupid definition.
Probably the only thing in this post that makes any sense is "Son got me into Spurs ".

No supporter should be so entitled to judge others as fanboys. Just chill out.

I'm judging individuals based on their previous posts and comments; I'm not making blanket judgements of any entire nation....

I'll repeat in big letters for those don't read too willingly:

I don't think all SKorean's are "fanboys"...

Probably the only thing in this post that makes any sense is "Son got me into Spurs ".
How do you think people abroad get into spurs? They're aren't seen as a well-established club by both the media and the league and have no affinity to the city. I've been to the states, the people over there know more about Everton than Tottenham despite not being a footy fan. Get off that high horse, silly twat.

I rate Lewandowski higher than Kane (I love Kane but I am objective).

Kane has the ability to score, put in a pass and is combative which is GREAT for a striker.
But if you have a player like Son who can just destroy the opposition with pace it changes the whole game for the opposing team. Kane can create a goal from nothing but Son can basically change the pace of the whole game for 90 mins . Only problem with him is that he is inconsistent sometimes. (But I have seen Kane go invisible in games too). If he can fix that in the coming months the man deserves his due.

You know it is true if he was homegrown player we would have loved him even more.
It is human nature.

Son isn't natural striker, Kane is. It doesn't mean we don't love Sonny any more or any less but there's a reason why Mourinho and Pochettino consistent played Kane as the striker and Son as a WF, really wish people would start realising why.

Son is a lovely player, we are so lucky to have him but Kane is top dog in the attacking department, all of the stats, value sites, managers past and present think so and the way we play requires more outs than just pace. Kane can head, hold the ball up, take the sting get out of play with a bought foul and he helps bring the qualities out in many around him. We are lucky to have Son but Son is lucky to have Kane. Doesn't make them any more or less valued by all who love the club.

How do you think people abroad get into spurs? They're aren't seen as a well-established club by both the media and the league and have no affinity to the city. I've been to the states, the people over there know more about Everton than Tottenham despite not being a footy fan. Get off that high horse, silly twat.
I believed the part in which you said that Son got you in to Spurs, too bad the rest of your post was that of a ranting imbecile (and your last one isn't much better to be fair), I mean: ".. fuck off to your corner and kneejerk each other for reactions.." :mourpointlaugh:

Last edited:
All those discussions on the subway whether Seamus Coleman can play as a wing-back as well.

Walking the U.S. streets must have been a dicey proposition for a S.Korean following the Gomez incident a few weeks back....

Last edited:
Rooster Rooster

Additional:

What drives me nuts is not that some fans rate Son higher than Kane (at some point it becomes folly trying to compare the minutia between players that play different positions anyway - See recent Messi or VVD debate for the Ballon Dor).... It's that the fanboys opt to denigrate Kane in an attempt to make their boy look better or to shield him from just criticism.... Some even go as far as saying that we need to drop or even sell (arguably) the best CF in the world in order to make more of Son...

This is a genuine - and entirley ludicrous - phenomena in this very thread and others... To say otherwise is simply disingenuous, blinkered denial.
Everyone has their own opinion. We don't care if you go nuts or not (seems like you are the fanboy?)

Everyone has their own opinion. We don't care if you go nuts or not (seems like you are the fanboy?)

Seems you lack the basic intelligence required to process what is being said to you.

Shame really, cos the 2 posts wrote to you were reasonable enough and should have articulated to you that I'm only speaking about a minority of individuals that post here. However, you you seem hellbent on associating yourself with them even though I've not accused you of being of their ilk so who am I to argue.

Meh. :pochrolleyes:

when ericksen was on form, he was the most important playing on the team.
since last season, i think sonny has become the best. only position player to get ballon d'or nom.
hugo also very underrated. also ballon d'or nom.

Of course it is Kane. Outstanding player who has been happy for other players to get the goals and do hard work all over the pitch.

Of course Eriksen (albeit with one foot out the door). If playing to his ability was our best player.

Nicely timed to go with this thread, here's the results of a more scientific analysis by the people atCIES Football Observatory:

Here's the science-ie bit explaining their algorithms:

Here's the bit which tells us, using their algorithms, which Spurs players are most valuable for various positions:

r7CPI9B.png

Here's a link to the main "MVP" section which shows overall "MVP's" for all clubs (you can enter the club individually to see their sub-sections).

Bottom line, according to them, Son best attacking player, Winks best midfielder, Vertonghen best defender.

People find themselves in the club they support? (Not all people are gloryhunters you know... some people like simple things)
People like the color? (One can hate red, and love white, so Tottenham is the obvious choice)
People liked a player that used to play for the club?

These are some examples I can think on top of my head. I'm in the first category, even though I loved Totttenham even more because of Gareth Bale...

Back
Top Bottom