Who's our best player

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's our best player

• Kane

Votes: 149 63.9%
  • Dele

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • SON

Votes: 79 33.9%
  • Sisoko

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Vertogen

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Alderweireld

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Lloris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ericsson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Le celso

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Ndombele

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Aurier

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Dier

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
Dele-Kane-Son, Dele-Kane-Son,
Dele-Kane-Son,
that's what you need! :allitongue::kanegoal::sonlol:

(Though not in that particular order...
it just works better for the song
...sorry Dele!)

:kanegoal::sonlol: :deledoubt:

People have some serious insecurities here or are just outright racist.

When people say Son is the best player, the accusation is that the person is Korean or a fanboy. People like Luyf have been called a korean cunt and been told to fuck off - the state of people on this forum LOL.

When people say Kane is the best player, that person is a real tottenham fan. IT IS absolutely absurd.

It has to stop if Tottenham is to be considered a top club which it is not. Also people saying Kane is the best in his position LOL. the position of winger is way more competitive than striker. Also players like Aguero and Firmino have been criminally underrated whilst others like Morata and Lukaku have been a joke.

When Son has a bad day he is criticised for being inconsistent. When Kane has a bad day the rest of the team is at fault. Again absurd.

Don't understand the hate for so called 'fanboys' on this forum. More 'fanboys' supporting the Spurs --> more revenue for the club --> more $$ for bigger and better signings. Basic Sports Business 101. It's funny how people on this forum hate on 'fanboys' but they're the difference in terms of getting a team from being a local/regional team to being a global brand.

Years back, I remember walking into a Buffalo Wild Wings in a small suburb in the US asking the manager to switch one of the big screens to the Spurs game. No one knew who the Spurs were or why the game was on the big screen so I had to explain that there were two Americans on the team. Some of the customers became engaged because there were two Americans - Dempsey and Friedel. Hate on these so called 'fanboys' all you want but they make a difference to the team's bottom line in far more ways than you'd imagine.

You're confusing foreign Spurss fans and fanboys....

Actual fans, that support the club, wherever they are from, are part of the family. Fanboys that are just passing through because of a certain player..... Meh.

When people say Son is the best player, the accusation is that the person is Korean or a fanboy. People like Luyf have been called a korean cunt and been told to fuck off - the state of people on this forum LOL.

When people say Kane is the best player, that person is a real tottenham fan. IT IS absolutely absurd.

It has to stop if Tottenham is to be considered a top club which it is not. Also people saying Kane is the best in his position LOL. the position of winger is way more competitive than striker. Also players like Aguero and Firmino have been criminally underrated whilst others like Morata and Lukaku have been a joke.

When Son has a bad day he is criticised for being inconsistent. When Kane has a bad day the rest of the team is at fault. Again absurd.

Bullshit.

You wouldn't have given a shit about the lad if he was Australian or Chinese for that matter, the only reason you are here is because Son is Korean and playing for Spurs, you might have been at arsenalmania if he had signed for Woolwich.

We are Spurs fans and a player's nationality seems much more important to you than to us.

Last edited:
You wouldn't have given a shit about the lad if he was Australian or Chinese for that matter, the only reason you are here is because Son is Korean and playing for Spurs, you might have been at arsenalmania if he had signed for Woolwich.

We are Spurs fans and a player's nationality seems much more important to you than to us.

THIS!

...The neck on these cunts is dumbfounding!

No grasp of footy culture and no grasp of hypocrisy either.

You're confusing foreign Spurss fans and fanboys....

Actual fans, that support the club, wherever they are from, are part of the family. Fanboys that are just passing through because of a certain player..... Meh.

How do you think foreign fans become fans of smaller clubs that aren't Man Utd/Madrid/Barcelona etc? You need fanboys first before having any chance of converting them into 'real' fans of the club. Either way, both 'fanboys' and 'real' fans bring big time revenue to the club which is ultimately a net positive for the team. Again, business 101. I'm sure Levy and the majority of the big stars in the EPL could really care less about the local supporters - there are only 60 million people in the UK vs 7+ billion of potential customers around the world. It's unfortunate but it's true of all major sports leagues/organizations. Their target is to go global. You'd better hope that Spurs don't sign a Chinese or Indian player because you're going to see billions (not millions) of so-called 'fanboys' uproot your world. Get with the program buddy, you're in 2019.

How do you think foreign fans become fans of smaller clubs that aren't Man Utd/Madrid/Barcelona etc? You need fanboys first before having any chance of converting them into 'real' fans of the club.

That's rubbish.

Either way, both 'fanboys' and 'real' fans bring big time revenue to the club which is ultimately a net positive for the team. Again, business 101. I'm sure Levy and the majority of the big stars in the EPL could really care less about the local supporters - there are only 60 million people in the UK vs 7+ billion of potential customers around the world. It's unfortunate but it's true of all major sports leagues/organizations. Their target is to go global.

That's got nothing to do with the culture of what it is to be a fan of a club.

You'd better hope that Spurs don't sign a Chinese or Indian player because you're going to see billions (not millions) of so-called 'fanboys' uproot your world. Get with the program buddy, you're in 2019.

I'll assess them, individually, as I find them - like I am here....

Newsflash... There are SKorean Spurs fans that are embarrassed by how the Son fan-boys carry on.

You just don't get it.

Kane is genuinely world-class (arguably THE best in his position in the world!).... I love Sonny to bits, but you'd have a tough job successfully arguing that he was even the best in the league in his position.

As for versatility.... Kane would make a damn good #10. His passing game waaaaaay outshines Sonny, he holds the ball up infinitely better and is is miles better with his head (at either end of the pitch). Harry has more strings to his bow than Sonny (who primarily only excels when it comes to pace & shooting).

I'm left wondering exactly what you see when you see Kane... Big slow lump, who's a bit of a poacher and a penalty merchant, I suspect? :disdain:

Piss of with that bollocks...

I rate Lewandowski higher than Kane (I love Kane but I am objective).

Kane has the ability to score, put in a pass and is combative which is GREAT for a striker.
But if you have a player like Son who can just destroy the opposition with pace it changes the whole game for the opposing team. Kane can create a goal from nothing but Son can basically change the pace of the whole game for 90 mins . Only problem with him is that he is inconsistent sometimes. (But I have seen Kane go invisible in games too). If he can fix that in the coming months the man deserves his due.

You know it is true if he was homegrown player we would have loved him even more.
It is human nature.

Kane has the ability to score, put in a pass and is combative which is GREAT for a striker.
But if you have a player like Son who can just destroy the opposition with pace it changes the whole game for the opposing team. Kane can create a goal from nothing but Son can basically change the pace of the whole game for 90 mins . Only problem with him is that he is inconsistent sometimes. (But I have seen Kane go invisible in games too). If he can fix that in the coming months the man deserves his due.

You know it is true if he was homegrown player we would have loved him even more.
It is human nature.
Kind of disagree, homegrown seems to mean something for some people but not much to me at all. Id rather have Ndombele in our first team than Dier, Skipp Winks or any other English midfielder we have. Its really difficult to pick between Kane or Son though, so the right choice is Sissoko.

I don't, but that's the "argument" i spoke of.

You say you're objective.... How can you ensure that anymore than you insinuate of others below.... Unless you're conceding that you're not a Spurs fan and thus have no bias when comparing one of ours vs a Bayern player...?

But if you have a player like Son who can just destroy the opposition with pace it changes the whole game for the opposing team. Kane can create a goal from nothing but Son can basically change the pace of the whole game for 90 mins . Only problem with him is that he is inconsistent sometimes. (But I have seen Kane go invisible in games too).

I'm not really sure what you mean by that.

His pace is a weapon, yes.... If a team sits back, it's largely nullified and he's forced to play a more technical game like anyone else. We've seen this play out plenty during the less productive periods you refer to.

.....If he can fix that in the coming months the man deserves his due.

He gets his dues already.... Great player.

It's like certain quarters are blind to the love that he gets from our fans..... :roll:

It is human nature.

Look, we've got twats swanning round accusing the fanbase of having a racist agenda.... That's bullshit!

(The EPL, if not English football as a whole has been inundated with foreign players for decades now... We have legends here called Ricky & Ozzie I suspect you may have heard of them.)

You're right in as much as HK being homegrown an academy product does make me like him even more, but that's not to say his nationality impacts on my assessment of his abilities. Do you think I under-rate (eg) Lucas on the basis that he's not English?

Again... Bullshit... And a rather offensive accusation t'boot.

Last edited:
Rooster Rooster

Additional:

What drives me nuts is not that some fans rate Son higher than Kane (at some point it becomes folly trying to compare the minutia between players that play different positions anyway - See recent Messi or VVD debate for the Ballon Dor).... It's that the fanboys opt to denigrate Kane in an attempt to make their boy look better or to shield him from just criticism.... Some even go as far as saying that we need to drop or even sell (arguably) the best CF in the world in order to make more of Son...

This is a genuine - and entirley ludicrous - phenomena in this very thread and others... To say otherwise is simply disingenuous, blinkered denial.

Who says Son passing isn't good? He has 7 assists already on his belt, 2nd in the PL for most assists. Get off your high horse, cunts.

No-one said he couldn't pass....

However, an assist doesn't automatically = great pass; it just means that you're the last to touch the ball before the scorer.

....Ignorant, toxic fanboy prick!

However, an assist doesn't automatically = great pass; it just means that you're the last to touch the ball before the scorer.

Did I ever say he COULDN'T pass, you cunt? I was replying to your bullshit argument that Kane's passing game "waaaaaay outshines Sonny" which is total bollocks on your part. How am I a fanboy, cunt? You and Clynelish Clynelish can fuck off to your corner and kneejerk each other for reactions I don't give a damn lmao. Son got me into Spurs as did most people from Asia. Anybody outside of London is a "fanboy" according to your stupid definition.

No supporter should be so entitled to judge others as fanboys. Just chill out.

Back
Top Bottom