Who's our best player

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's our best player

• Kane

Votes: 149 63.9%
  • Dele

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • SON

Votes: 79 33.9%
  • Sisoko

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Vertogen

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Alderweireld

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Lloris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ericsson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Le celso

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Ndombele

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Aurier

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Dier

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
Moura is the reason we reached the CL final.
Here's the thing. We were the favorites against Ajax and reaching the final, and in my view, we should've been beating Ajax comfortably without those Moura goals. With the City tie, Son basically dragged Spurs into the Semis, in what was touted as a "one-sided" draw, in City's favour. Man for man, City are a far superior side to us but the heroics of one player meant we went through. Beating City in the CL knockouts will always be more special than Ajax.

Last edited:
Kane's been the most consistent performer on the team and his stats are nothing short of exceptional.

But the thing is, if you put Son in Kane's role, Son would also get 30+ goals a year. Since 2016, the guy has averaged around 20 goals and 8-10 assists a year in a relatively limited role. Had he been a full time/every game starter like Kane (he came off the bench around 30% of the time), took penalties instead of Kane (accounts for at least 5 goals a season), and been the main target up front as our #9, he would have gotten 30+ goals.

We saw what kind of results Son produced when he filled in for Kane as our main man up front last year - it was Son that led us to the final in Kane's absence. Now that Eriksen is all but gone, you're really starting to see Son step up as both a scorer and playmaker to fill in some of the void that Ericksen left behind. His ability to succeed in multiple roles/positions is nothing short of amazing.

Kane, while one of the top strikers in the world, does not have the raw talent/natural ability that Son has - he's reached his physical ceiling (some might say it has deteriorated a little) and plays one position but does it exceptionally well. What Kane is at the moment is that he is Spurs' undisputed leader and much more refined and thus more consistent and clinical than Son.

Son is not as refined but he's still got a lot of raw untapped talent. You're never going to see Kane, or anyone for that matter other than maybe Messi and a prime Ronaldo scoring the goal he scored a couple days ago. Son can pretty much do everything Kane can except Kane's aerial ability but the opposite isn't true. Scary thing is, Son's getting better and better. He hasn't reached his ceilingi yet.

Sonny wouldn't make as good a CF as Kane does.... Especially in the EPL.

You're lying to yourself, fanboy.

Sonny wouldn't make as good a CF as Kane does.... Especially in the EPL.

You're lying to yourself, fanboy.

Of course, Kane is a better striker. (That's what he has been doing his whole career)

But Son is multiplayer, he can play mid, left or right on the attack (2 footed) which makes him more versatile than Kane.

They are both world-class but if you want to ask me who has more impact on a game? it has to be Son because of his pace (Which a lot of defenders can't keep up)

I guarantee you if Son was English and homegrown the perception of him vs Kane will change.

Of course, Kane is a better striker. (That's what he has been doing his whole career)

But Son is multiplayer, he can play mid, left or right on the attack (2 footed) which makes him more versatile than Kane.

They are both world-class but if you want to ask me who has more impact on a game? it has to be Son because of his pace (Which a lot of defenders can't keep up)

Kane is genuinely world-class (arguably THE best in his position in the world!).... I love Sonny to bits, but you'd have a tough job successfully arguing that he was even the best in the league in his position.

As for versatility.... Kane would make a damn good #10. His passing game waaaaaay outshines Sonny, he holds the ball up infinitely better and is is miles better with his head (at either end of the pitch). Harry has more strings to his bow than Sonny (who primarily only excels when it comes to pace & shooting).

I'm left wondering exactly what you see when you see Kane... Big slow lump, who's a bit of a poacher and a penalty merchant, I suspect? :disdain:

I guarantee you if Son was English and homegrown the perception of him vs Kane will change.

Piss of with that bollocks...

Haha I never said that but yeah ok buddy. Whatever makes you happy.

So what was the point of the diatribe that you spouted that started with "if you put Son in Kane's role..." then?

Son can pretty much do everything Kane can except Kane's aerial ability but the opposite isn't true

That parts bollocks too.... Sonny can't touch Kane's passing/creative ability. Can't hold the ball up and, over the course of a season, would often find himself bullied out of the game if consistently played through the middle (be it as a #9 or a #10).

Feel free to go around replying to every comment that doesn’t compare Harry to god himself. Hopefully it’s the best use of your time.

LOL..... A comment absolutely dripping with fucking irony!!!

I'll do what I like thanks.... I just get irritated by you and your fanboy kin that show little to no interest in this fine club beyond Sonny. The irony here it that he's actually one hell of a team player; something totally at odds with your attitude.

Trust me, I'll still be here long after Harry & Sonny have long since moved on.... You? Nah.... No chance.

If Son played like last week every week he would be a ronaldo standard player but he is inconsistent and always has been as much as I love the man. We will see if he can keep this up under Mourinho hopefully he will!
Kane even when knackered and not playing well will still always keep his goalscoring going and hes going to smash all our goalscoring records in the next few years therefore theres only one winner here.

So he writes a decent post, and you label him as a fanboy?

It's not a conclusion I drew simply from that one post....

Don't understand the hate for so called 'fanboys' on this forum. More 'fanboys' supporting the Spurs --> more revenue for the club --> more $$ for bigger and better signings. Basic Sports Business 101. It's funny how people on this forum hate on 'fanboys' but they're the difference in terms of getting a team from being a local/regional team to being a global brand.

Years back, I remember walking into a Buffalo Wild Wings in a small suburb in the US asking the manager to switch one of the big screens to the Spurs game. No one knew who the Spurs were or why the game was on the big screen so I had to explain that there were two Americans on the team. Some of the customers became engaged because there were two Americans - Dempsey and Friedel. Hate on these so called 'fanboys' all you want but they make a difference to the team's bottom line in far more ways than you'd imagine.

Don't understand the hate for so called 'fanboys' on this forum. More 'fanboys' supporting the Spurs --> more revenue for the club --> more $$ for bigger and better signings. Basic Sports Business 101. It's funny how people on this forum hate on 'fanboys' but they're the difference in terms of getting a team from being a local/regional team to being a global brand.

Years back, I remember walking into a Buffalo Wild Wings in a small suburb in the US asking the manager to switch one of the big screens to the Spurs game. No one knew who the Spurs were or why the game was on the big screen so I had to explain that there were two Americans on the team. Some of the customers became engaged because there were two Americans - Dempsey and Friedel. Hate on these so called 'fanboys' all you want but they make a difference to the team's bottom line in far more ways than you'd imagine.
Tribalism, that's why. Interesting story!

Back
Top Bottom