Who's our best player

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's our best player

• Kane

Votes: 149 63.9%
  • Dele

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • SON

Votes: 79 33.9%
  • Sisoko

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Vertogen

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Alderweireld

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Lloris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ericsson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Le celso

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Ndombele

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Aurier

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Dier

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
Son is the best player - stop being english kane fan boys

You mean the guy who will soon be our 2nd highest goal scorer in history? The one who breaks records every other month, and will most likely end up being England’s top goal scorer?

Son is great, but Kane is an elite striker.

If we're being honest, Eriksen is the most talented player in a 2014-2019 Tottenham team.

And Dele getting 4 votes is an absolute joke, abilitywise he's squad player at best.

Did you mean ‘if we’re being clueless’?

I’ve read a lot of your posts and I really don’t think you understand the game.

You mean the guy who will soon be our 2nd highest goal scorer in history? The one who breaks records every other month, and will most likely end up being England’s top goal scorer?

Son is great, but Kane is an elite striker.

Depends what you are comparing though. You mention Kane is an elite striker, but I would say Son is a world class Winger/AM/Forward. Came out number 22 on the Ballon D'or this year, which is better than any of our other players... but there is always room for debate. I am just glad we have both of them, and hope they both stay here for many years to come.

Are you mad? A team of 11 Harry Kanes would be one of the best in world football mate. Imagine his crossing, his cross field balls, his diving into tackles, his finishing, his heading (everywhere on the pitch!). Would be a phenomenal side!
They would be the slowest team in the world that is for sure.

Depends what you are comparing though. You mention Kane is an elite striker, but I would say Son is a world class Winger/AM/Forward. Came out number 22 on the Ballon D'or this year, which is better than any of our other players... but there is always room for debate. I am just glad we have both of them, and hope they both stay here for many years to come.

When it comes to AM/Forwards, he’s up against stiff opposition such as Messi, Hazard, Ronaldo, De Bruyne, Salah, and even Coutinho. I think he can hold his own against some of them.

Kane is a striker (historically the most important position on the pitch), and he’s probably the best in the world.

Son is a brilliant player and I’m glad we have him. But for me, Kane is the best player at the club. He’s homegrown, has incredible all round ability, and is more consistent. He could well end up being the greatest player in history for club and country.

Son is a star though. Already a legend for his national team, and heading towards legendary status with us as well. Easily one of the best attacking players in the Prem. Love them both.

Son literally carried our team this season and stepped up when Kane was injured last season. However, Kane is the heart of Spurs atm. He’s homegrown and English, on his way to break the record, and simply irreplaceable.

Whoever voted for Sissoko is a clown

Eriksen is the most gifted player in the current squad.

He’s incredibly talented, but not the most gifted. Kane is the most gifted, and proved against Burnley that he doesn’t need others to create his chances, whilst creating chances for others.

The man set up Sissoko, for God’s sake. He’s practically Batman.

Single Most Important Player: Eriksen - at least when he was trying. We look like a shell of ourselves when he decided to stop performing. Honestly, we're still trying to find our identity without him. His ability to control and dictate the game was among the best in the game. We'll see if he can regain his form somewhere else because his time here is all but over.

Most Consistent/Leader: Kane. One of the best strikers in the game hands down. If we're being honest, his form has deteriorated over the past 12 months but he scores regardless of whether he's on form or not. Not much more you can ask for in a traditional #9 striker. His presence undoubtedly brings a certain degree of calmness, assurance and professionalism upfront which only a few in the world consistently bring to the table.

Most Talented: Son. There are certain abilities only Son and a few others in the world have - his most recent goal speaks for itself. He's got the ability to pull off around 25+ goals and 15-20 assists which is incredible. What's even more exciting is that his raw talent/ceiling is so high that he can get even better. It's going to be interesting to see if he's going to take his game to the next level under Mou - it looks like Mou has noticed and giving him an expanded role, allowing him to take free kicks and corners which I must say is looking like a good decision already.

Best Young Player w/ Most Upside: Dele. He's already a top 3/4 player on the team but has the potential to be the best. He's got huge upside and his improvement is showing in his new role under Mou.

Most Underappreciated: Jan/Sissoko. They're excellent players but unfortunately for them, they play positions where there's far greater downside from making a mistake than upside from making a great decision/play. From what I've seen, they make so many good plays that go unnoticed but their one or two mistakes here and there get far more attention.

Last edited:
Why this stupid debatable thread? Spurs are one and we play as one. Blame those who rate Dybala and Sane over Son, and those rate Lewandowski over Kane.

Blame Football Manager 2020 programmed by aJapanese Woolwich fan hates spurs and Korean who gave crap stats on Son and Dele very close to being Kubo at Mallorca.

Blame gooners for trolling on our threads.

Let's celebrate the game and the team we love.

Why this stupid debatable thread? Spurs are one and we play as one. Blame those who rate Dybala and Sane over Son, and those rate Lewandowski over Kane.

Blame Football Manager 2020 programmed by aJapanese Woolwich fan hates spurs and Korean who gave crap stats on Son and Dele very close to being Kubo at Mallorca.

Blame gooners for trolling on our threads.

Let's celebrate the game and the team we love.

Answers own question. :troll:

Back
Top Bottom