Who's next?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's next?

• Total voters
think whoever comes in needs to have won things, the players need to believe in what you are saying, the manager also needs to change his coaching team (or at least have 1 spot that you change every few years,
players like everyone need a different voice/different coaching every few years to keep it fresh

My choice is not even on there..
Carlo Ancelotti has won just about everything and has worked with some of the biggest names in the business. He has premier league experience and demands success.
He would gain instant respect and wouldn’t have a problem dropping under performing prima donnas.

How about this fella bound to be bored of current job can’t take them any further :sneaky: ....
D98-A8-B74-65-C1-46-FC-8-BBC-1-CDE8-E15-BE6-F.jpg

Not digging you out at all but are you saying that you think Poch is the man to get us out of this mess?

No offence taken.

Let us do a thought experiment.

Poch is sacked. Spurs have to pay out contract, money to be taken from general ops.

Poch is then employed by Man Utd or Chelsea (in no way unlikely) within this season. Who are better off:

1) Spurs with our present day ressources, squad and a new manager? (let us for the sake of the argument take Allegri, Tuschel and Howe as 3 widely different options)

2) Utd/Chelsea with present day ressources, squad and Poch?

If there was any doubt Poch is our biggest asset (bar, possibly, Kane) this example should eradicate all doubts.

Safest option: Benitez

Wild card: Mourinho

Project manager: Howe & Naggelsman

Proven Italians: Allegri, Ancelotti & Conte

Unrealistic: Simeone & Tuchel

I voted for Allegri but starting to lean towards Benitez. We need someone who is a proven winner, can deal with big egos, tactically astute, operate with both big and not so big teams and different leagues and works their magic quick. Benitez generally fits that.

I like the look of Naggelsman and Howe but again they are project managers and we have had a long term project manager, not sure the fans or the club would want to start from the beginning again.

No offence taken.

Poch is sacked. Spurs have to pay out contract, money to be taken from general ops.

Poch is then employed by Man Utd or Chelsea (in no way unlikely) within this season. Who are better off:

1) Spurs with our present day ressources, squad and a new manager? (let us for the sake of the argument take Allegri, Tuschel and Howe as 3 widely different options)

If there was any doubt Poch is our biggest asset (bar, possibly, Kane) this example should eradicate all doubts.

Fair enough but I do not expect Poch to be sacked

I think he will walk by Xmas probably to RM who will have sacked Zidane

No offence taken.

2)
No offence taken.

You need to consider time frames and can Poch even get us to where we were again? Even if we could many may prefer to take a chance on someone who can create something even more special.

You need to consider time frames and can Poch even get us to where we were again? Even if we could many may prefer to take a chance on someone who can create something even more special.

... out of curiosity, who would that be?

Who of those names have created what he has over the last 5 years on similar ressources?

And what would you do clever clogs? Assume bury your head in the sand and hope things get better?

I’d at least give him the chance to use two of the three players he bought in the summer that he believed would improve the team. Y’know, assessing the circumstances and forming an opinion based on the wider context, rather than leaping to a reactionary conclusion.

Then again, you’ve already said that you don’t use reason to make decisions, so that logic will be completely lost on you.

I’d at least give him the chance to use two of the three players he bought in the summer that he believed would improve the team. Y’know, assessing the circumstances and forming an opinion based on the wider context, rather than leaping to a reactionary conclusion.

Then again, you’ve already said that you don’t use reason to make decisions, so that logic will be completely lost on you.

Like I said. Im 50/50. Agree he needs to be able to play Lo Celso, Sessegnon, Foyth and Ndombele in the same team as its only fair.

Issue is the team has downed tools. So I also see the merit in sacking him, as others say.

Its not as clear cut as you make out. Stick or twist has merit.

Like I said. Im 50/50. Agree he needs to be able to play Lo Celso, Sessegnon, Foyth and Ndombele in the same team as its only fair.

Issue is the team has downed tools. So I also see the merit in sacking him, as others say.

Its not as clear cut as you make out. Stick or twist has merit.

Ultimately if Pochettino quits, or Levy sacks him, it’s proof that the situation has become untenable.

I’d like to see us give him more time, but I also appreciate that we can’t just give him the benefit of the doubt indefinitely. The other concern is that this is a squad built in his image over many years. Any new manager taking over will have a lot of readjusting to do.

There’s merits and problems with both options.

Safest option: Benitez

Wild card: Mourinho

Project manager: Howe & Naggelsman

Proven Italians: Allegri, Ancelotti & Conte

Unrealistic: Simeone & Tuchel

I voted for Allegri but starting to lean towards Benitez. We need someone who is a proven winner, can deal with big egos, tactically astute, operate with both big and not so big teams and different leagues and works their magic quick. Benitez generally fits that.

I like the look of Naggelsman and Howe but again they are project managers and we have had a long term project manager, not sure the fans or the club would want to start from the beginning again.

Allegri unlike the coaches who give their identity to the team is good at detecting and improving the work of others. This would allow Pochettino's excellent work to continue.

Back
Top Bottom