Who will we sell this summer?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who will we get rid of/sell this summer

• Gomes

Votes: 93 82.3%
  • Friedel

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Caulker

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Walker

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gallas

Votes: 103 91.2%
  • Naughton

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • BAE

Votes: 54 47.8%
  • Rose

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Parker

Votes: 40 35.4%
  • Huddlestone

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • Dempsey

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • Siggy

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Adebayor

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Defoe

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Livermore

Votes: 53 46.9%
  • Townsend

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters
BAE? Who would we get at left back that is better than Benny?
and Gomes has been having a hell of a season on loan. I reckon he'll be sold to Hoffienhein.
We may well promote Rose and cash in on BAE, or look overseas and get someone else in. I just think that he's lazy, too nonchalant and switches off far too often for my own liking. When everyone is fit, he's our weak link.

i think you guys forgot his wage
:adelol:
If a decent offer came in for him and we had the opportunity to sign another striker then I'd jump at the chance. New striker, Defoe and perhaps a younger player would be good. Adebayor is not someone who we must get rid of, IMO, but someone who we can play around in the market with.

If a decent offer came in for him and we had the opportunity to sign another striker then I'd jump at the chance. New striker, Defoe and perhaps a younger player would be good. Adebayor is not someone who we must get rid of, IMO, but someone who we can play around in the market with.

still, he's getting payed way too much compared to his contributions
:adeninja:

it will be very difficult to sell him

I hope Gallas, Gomes, Parker and BAE get the chop. All not good enough anymore - the amount of times Parker was behind the play on wednesday night was ridiculous. He may be 'cover' for Sandro but I think we could try and get someone else in.

Agree: With Parker gone I feel that Caulker or Kaboul would make good DM's. So working to the principle of x2 players competing for each position Sandro/Dembele one pair the other pair of Kaboul/Holtby or Caulker/Holtby. Either way with Parker and Gallas gone think we have a great group of CB's and options for DM's.

Agree: With Parker gone I feel that Caulker or Kaboul would make good DM's. So working to the principle of x2 players competing for each position Sandro/Dembele one pair the other pair of Kaboul/Holtby or Caulker/Holtby. Either way with Parker and Gallas gone think we have a great group of CB's and options for DM's.
But they've never played in the position before! I'd rather they stayed as centre-backs for the time being and actually bring in a proper defensive midfielder...

But they've never played in the position before! I'd rather they stayed as centre-backs for the time being and actually bring in a proper defensive midfielder...

Is a defensive midfielder really the most important position to look to improve when you have Sandro who will be back next season..
And also Parker for cover who will give us at least one more season.

Im no fan of Parker, in fact I criticize him alot. But we need to be frugal with our limited resources and only improve in positions where we really need it.

Is a defensive midfielder really the most important position to look to improve when you have Sandro who will be back next season..
And also Parker for cover who will give us at least one more season.

Im no fan of Parker, in fact I criticize him alot. But we need to be frugal with our limited resources and only improve in positions where we really need it.
It's not the most important position but our squad needs to be improved - and if Sandro gets injured again then I don't think Parker is up to scratch. By all means, improve other areas first - but I don't think Parker suits AVB's way of playing at all. Plus, if we're going to be playing 55+ games next season then Sandro can't play every single one of them.

Just look at Newcastle. They have a great first team but a poor overall squad, and that has let them down this season. We need strength in every position...

BAE? Who would we get at left back that is better than Benny?
and Gomes has been having a hell of a season on loan. I reckon he'll be sold to Hoffienhein.

On form alone - Rose has been well ahead this season. Plus we have Fryers

And don't you dare question my Pereira/Coentrao day-dreams

I think this season has been a bit of a compromise. AVB didnt have time to mould the squad in the summer and so got in some solid buys and went with what we had. Through the season I think the shape of the team has evolved and we are now much closer to a 433 than we were in August.

January is always a difficult time and the team/AVB was still largely bedding in so its no surprise little happened there.

This summer though, IMO, could be very busy.

AVB knows know who and what he is working with, and who can adapt or excel in his desired set up (I think 433, but who knows?).

I can see us clearing the decks quite mercilesly and I do think probably half the squad is up for grabs at the right price.

Gallas, Gomes, Bentley All clearly to go.

As I recall Friedel has a contract for next year, so is likely to stay but honestly Id let him go as well - wrong sort of keeper and the change in dynamic between him and Lloris unsettles the defence IMO.

Defoe I think will find himself further and further down the pecking order, so now is the time to sell (and for him to move).

Livermore likely to remain down the pecking order so IMO will want to move while his stock is relatively high. We wouldnt stand in his way, of the prospects Carroll is clearly preferred.

I like Naughton and hope he stays (as a RB!) but could see him going. Same with Ekotto.

Parker I feel is not good enough, and equally not suited for us. He should go. Whether he will want to is another story.

Adebayor has been extremely poor this season. Yet he was incredible last. On paper he is built for the sort of team we are becoming. I would keep him, give him a chance to redeem himself. I would of course get in another striker as well (especially if Defoe goes but I would get someone either way).

Dempsey I believe will go. Like Friedel, Parker and Defoe I believe he is simply not cut out for the sort of team (I think) we are going to be. Sigurdsson is much better suited and as the season has progressed is showing as much IMO.

Huddlestone is a funny one, I can see him being useful (particularly in a midfield 3) but I can also see him some way down the pecking order. Again one I think will want to leave, whom we wouldnt stop from doing so.

All this being the case it says to me we need to bring in a GK, a striker, a forward (ideally adept at coming in off the left), a couple of midfielders and a LB

It could well be that Archer, Carroll and Rose are promoted to occupy some of these positions rather than its all new buys.

Gomes and Gallas will be released as they'll be out of contract. AVB doesn't seem to rate Ekotto, so I can see him going. We tried a few times to get rid of Huddlestone and I think we'll succeed this summer. Livermore will go as he's not very good

Gomes and Gallas will be released as they'll be out of contract. AVB doesn't seem to rate Ekotto, so I can see him going. We tried a few times to get rid of Huddlestone and I think we'll succeed this summer. Livermore will go as he's not very good
Do you remember all of those bell ends arguing the toss about him being the future over on GG?
Made me laugh at the time........who was the dick that spoke out so passionately for him now?

arclight? arcwelder? joan of arc? Arcdetriomphe?

it will come to me

Do you remember all of those bell ends arguing the toss about him being the future over on GG?
Made me laugh at the time........who was the dick that spoke out so passionately for him now?

arclight? arcwelder? joan of arc? Arcdetriomphe?

it will come to me
I ignored that thread, so much bollocks was spouted!

I seem to remember it hitting rock bottom when it was suggested that you were less of a fan for not wanting the upcoming youngsters to do well..............derrr - not at the expense of relegation.
Some couldn't work that admitting he's not very good isn't the same as not wanting him to do well

Would like to keep Defoe if he is cool with a Super Sub role and some spot starts here and there. That goal vs City is exactly the type of impact he can have to the club on a consistent basis

Reduced role for Parker once Sandro comes back fit. Or he can move on

Not exactly sure why anyone would want to keep Ade if Levy can pull off the right deal with his ridiculous wages. This would make room on both fronts (wages n S11) for a much more capable striker (ie Benteke)

I would keep BAE around another year to see if he can find his form again and rotate him in with Rose

Livermore can def go

Lister Lister def nailed it on Fridel, his much different approach vs Lloris and its impact on the BL. Really working the high line with Friedel is a recipe for disaster

I'd bring back Huddlestone. He can be used vs those minnows and games where we don't need that mobile defensive mid. Leverage his long pass and ability to set up others if given the time . Obviously an automatic sub vs Quality

Back
Top Bottom