Who will we sell this summer?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who will we get rid of/sell this summer

• Gomes

Votes: 93 82.3%
  • Friedel

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Caulker

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Walker

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gallas

Votes: 103 91.2%
  • Naughton

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • BAE

Votes: 54 47.8%
  • Rose

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Parker

Votes: 40 35.4%
  • Huddlestone

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • Dempsey

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • Siggy

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Adebayor

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Defoe

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Livermore

Votes: 53 46.9%
  • Townsend

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters

jimmyriggle

Blatant
AVB has had a good chance to look at his squad this year, so who do we think he will be looking to let go to raise funds/trim the squad?

:avbnaa: :avbmad: :avbcringe: :avbshock: :avblol:

Have only included first team squad members and not those who you'd consider pretty much safe, or Bale - as he'd obviously not sell him given the choice and that's a different thread altogether.

I'm going for Huddlestone to another prem team (though he should prob go to italy where he will become a football god), Parker (promoted side or QPR), Gomes (back to Holland), Rose (probably sunderland or a team of that level), Gallas (who cares) and Naughton (promoted side again).
Will be lucky if we get more than 15 mill for all that lot.

:hudd: :parkerhmm:

:levylol:

EDIT: am not allowed enough options to include Bentley, Khumalo and Falque

There are quite a few who are out of favour or too old and time to retire (Gallas, Friedel).

Of the controversial people, look at squad members who never feature. I think Livermore has to go.

As for Parker, not at all sure. He is definitely on the slippery slope to his pension - on the plus side, sell him now for a bigger fee, don't need to show that bastard loyalty after he turned us down for the money twice.

As for the others, really depends on whether we get in another player who is better. For example, if we bought Moutinho, happy for Huddlestone to go. But it is DIFFICULT to buy players better than most of ours, who would walk into 75% of the PL first teams.

And by not shaking up the squad too much, we emulate Manure, and provide a good example to Bale... they are his mates, after all!

I voted for who I think AVB/Levy will get rid of rather than who I personally would like to see go.

Who Will Go;
- Gomes (Completely out of favour, big wages)
- BAE (Not sure that AVB rates him, and he is also approaching his twilight years, could be last chance to get a sum for him.)
- Gallas (Out of contract and for a reserve is on big wages)

Who Won't Go;
- We paid £7M for Naughton, not a chance of him leaving.
- Parker wouldnt really fetch a transfer fee, so he will be used as cover for Sandro.
- Friedal has just signed a new contract for next season. He will be used as cover for Lloris.

Gomes, Gallas, Parker, Livermore.

So unsure on the strikers. We know what Ade can do (just not often enough) and I feel we need Defoe as a squad player. Not sure we could keep them two and another one happy, but we need another one. :confused:

Gallas Gomes Parker Defoe and perhaps Livermore all should/need to go. Either due to lack of quality/getting too old, and to let younger lads come through (Caulker, Archer etc). A case could be made for the likes of Huddlestone, who could go if we get a quality midfielder in. Bentley obviously needs to go as well.

I think Dempsey and Friedel will stay as squad players, mostly because i think Levy wont let them go due to the whole "cracking America" thing.

I voted for who I think AVB/Levy will get rid of rather than who I personally would like to see go.

Who Will Go;
- Gomes (Completely out of favour, big wages)
- BAE (Not sure that AVB rates him, and he is also approaching his twilight years, could be last chance to get a sum for him.)
- Gallas (Out of contract and for a reserve is on big wages)

Who Won't Go;
- We paid £7M for Naughton, not a chance of him leaving.
- Parker wouldnt really fetch a transfer fee, so he will be used as cover for Sandro.
- Friedal has just signed a new contract for next season. He will be used as cover for Lloris.

We paid £7m for Naughton AND Walker.

I think he'll leave and Smith will take his squad place. Well that's what i'm hoping for anyway.

Im going by the logic of not who we personally would like to see go, but who we think Levy/AVB will let go.
Otherwise I would of voted for Parker, Friedal & Dempsey too. But didnt.
As you should. I'm just saying that there's been a little bit of irrational hate of the guy and I wouldn't be shocked if there were people here who couldn't make the same -- rational -- choice you did.

bbc said:
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has drafted in the duo, despite having full-backs Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Gareth Bale, Pascal Chimbonda, Vedran Corluka, Alan Hutton and Gilberto already at the club.

:avbdamn:

Also, Gilberto and Hutton. :harryfacepalm:

Gallas, Gomes, BAE, Dempsey, Defoe

Gallas and Gomes, pretty much everyone agrees on those two according to the poll. BAE - it's pretty obvious that AVB doesn't rate him and his value would only decrease if we kept him, so we might as well get as much as we can for him. Dempsey - Love the man, but he isn't cut for Spurs. He can't do much while in possession and doesn't have the quality for a top 4 contending team. Defoe - I'm hoping he gets sold. He provides absolutely nothing when he isn't scoring. I think Levy could still get a good fee for him and reinvest that money in Benteke or Higuain.

Notable stays:
Parker - Won't demand any type of fee, only reason to sell him would be to clear wages. I'd rather keep him and have him as a third choice CDM behind Sandro and Dembele. Most teams don't have a better player than Parker as there third choice CDM.

Livermore - Still young, I see as Parker's replacement for next season. I don't see him getting a high fee, so no real incentive to sell. Livermore still can develop into a better player and will be a very good 4-5th string CDM. Helps with Depth.

Hudd - I wouldn't mind selling him, yet unless we bring in a CAM i can't see Hudd leaving.

Edit: If this was posted 2 days ago, Ade would have a thousand votes. One game seems to have saved him. I wouldn't mind seeing him go, yet yesterday's game proved that he can still put in a quality shift.

I opted for Gomez, Gallas and Livermore - obvious choices really. My reasoning is that I can't see them adding anything to the squad next year. Think Friedel and Parker may still be OK as cover for another year. We can only let Ade or JD go if we get a first class replacement and I'm still not convinced we have the funds necessary to capture someone of that calibre.

Gomes, Gallas, BAE, Hudd, Ade

Funny how yesterdays game has changed everyones opinion on Adebayor. I still feel he has to go. Sell him and invest the money in a top striker who will be more likely to put in good, consistent games throughout the season.

I doubt we would manage to 'sell' Gallas per se - more of a free transfer / release

Gomes and Hudd would be main candidates to be shifted out, along with Livermore, I d imagine, AVB doesn't seem rate him one bit

BAE and Parker - here s hoping

Gomes, Gallas, BAE, Hudd, Ade

Funny how yesterdays game has changed everyones opinion on Adebayor. I still feel he has to go. Sell him and invest the money in a top striker who will be more likely to put in good, consistent games throughout the season.

I agree....but what if he really kicks it into overdrive for the remaining matches? Potentially ensuring we dont drop points while the goons do....

Back
Top Bottom