Who is your all time fave player?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paul Gascoigne is my favourite player of all time. I was 6 when he scored that free-kick against the scum and I went straight out into my garden to copy his free kick in my garden (on a smaller scale obviously).

Ledley King is also a fucking legend. Genuine world class player on his day and he puts himself through so much to get on the pitch for us. If he ever scored the winner against the scum, Chelscum or Man Utd I'd crymax.

Ginola is also class. The only good thing at times during the mid/late 90s. It's a cliche, but he was a player that got you on the edge of your seat whenever he had the ball.

Mabbutt was also a quality player and a great servant. I love that he's still part of the club now and still says "we"when talking about us. He also told me I'd be a future captain of Spurs when I was a kid, so it's a good job he's not one of our scouts

Flannerz said:
Paul Gascoigne is my favourite player of all time. I was 6 when he scored that free-kick against the scum and I went straight out into my garden to copy his free kick in my garden (on a smaller scale obviously).

Ledley King is also a fucking legend. Genuine world class player on his day and he puts himself through so much to get on the pitch for us. If he ever scored the winner against the scum, Chelscum or Man Utd I'd crymax.

Ginola is also class. The only good thing at times during the mid/late 90s. It's a cliche, but he was a player that got you on the edge of your seat whenever he had the ball.

Mabbutt was also a quality player and a great servant. I love that he's still part of the club now and still says "we"when talking about us. He also told me I'd be a future captain of Spurs when I was a kid, so it's a good job he's not one of our scouts

Nice post, agree with it all.
I hope Ledley stays with the club in some capacity when he finally succumbs to his injurys. Definatley a future hall of famer, I'd like to see him doing something like mabbut in a abasadorial role. He should always have a job at spurs if he wants one.

I agree that King needs to stay on at the club when he finishes playing.

I'm gonna get the home shirt when I get paid and King is going on the back of it. I'll say it again, he's a fucking legend

Ben said:
Someone get a poll on this shizz
I'm confused...Whats he got to do with anything?

graham-poll-with-cards.jpg

Loved Chris Waddle as his entire demeanour suggested a man that hardly gave a fuck about anything and had even stopped caring that much. Languid, dishevelled god.

However, he comes a distant second to the utter and absolute legend that is The King. There's a guy who is slowly heading for a wheelchair, yet still plays like he actually has knees. Love him.

I'm 26 and have been supporting Spurs for 19 years, I missed the likes of Gascoigne, Lineker, Waddle, Hoddle....etc. Klinsmann was the first player that made we love the game but he was only at the club one season, I'd probably say Ginola, if only for that 98/99 season, he completely ran the show.

BAE close 2nd.

1 gazza trully great player would win games on his own and if was not for the stupid charles tackle came close to being the best player on the planet
2 hoddle nuff said
3 steve archibald just loved it when the shelf poured out we'll take good care of you archibald
4 waddle if only he could of linked up with lineker
5 ledley king proper club legend just highlights what a wanker sol was

have to admit though that BAE could break into that top 5 way he is going

In no particular order -

- Gazza
- Lineker
- Sheringham
- King
- Mabbutt
- Klinsmann

If Berbatov had just hung around for another couple of seasons I'm sure he would have made the list. Instead he now just rots on the Man Utd bench. I'm sure he doesn't regret it for a minute, but he could have gone down a legend

Sibs said:
In no particular order -

- Gazza
- Lineker
- Sheringham
- King
- Mabbutt
- Klinsmann

If Berbatov had just hung around for another couple of seasons I'm sure he would have made the list. Instead he now just rots on the Man Utd bench. I'm sure he doesn't regret it for a minute, but he could have gone down a legend

Id still give Berbatov a shout if he just wasn't such a cunt abou it. The most talented player I've witnessed in lillywhite. Just sublime. Such a shame...

Back
Top Bottom