Who do you want to get rid of?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do you want to get rid of?

• Lloris

Votes: 52 36.1%
  • Vorm

Votes: 103 71.5%
  • Gazzaniga

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Aurier

Votes: 65 45.1%
  • Trippier

Votes: 92 63.9%
  • Walker-Peters

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Davies

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • Rose

Votes: 17 11.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Alderweireld

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Vertonghen

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Foyth

• Dier

Votes: 29 20.1%
  • Wanyama

Votes: 101 70.1%
  • Sissoko

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • Winks

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Eriksen

Votes: 37 25.7%
  • Alli

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Son

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Lucas

• Lamela

Votes: 45 31.3%
  • Llorente

Votes: 79 54.9%
  • Janssen

Votes: 124 86.1%
  • Kane

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
Basically, anybody who puts on that shirt and doesn’t give everything their body has to give for the time they are on the pitch can fuck off as far as I am concerned, they get paid a fortune to play, at most, 180 mins of football a week, if they can’t give their all for that amount of time they are utter wankers.

That’s all I ask for, is to leave that pitch having given everything and right now I don’t think some of them are doing that, one in particular especially and we all know who it is.

I'll reserve judgment until the end of the season but how the boys have allowed the last 5 games to go is so disappointing. Realistically we could be looking at what couldn't have been 5 losses in a row if Aubemayang hadn't pranged one. People say we needed signings but arrivals or not we have the talent in our ranks to have not gone through a run of 1 point in 15 so I'm not buying that. At the moment it's down to the players & a few are now fighting for their futures with us.

We've let Woolwich, Man U & Chelsea back into this one, that's the biggest disappointment during the Poch era, even more so than losing any semi final or against Newcastle that game we finished 3rd. Time to scrap, this is a moment all these players trained for back when they were nippers. A huge 7 games for a fair few and that's sad because it didn't no need to be this way

Problem is mate, these days they don’t train for that kind of thing because they have agents that will simply get them a contract at another club the second their current one isn’t satisfying them anymore.

Having to rely on these players to have the bollocks and pride to go on a run and save our season and stay in the top four because they don’t want to disappoint themselves or others is my biggest fear because most modern players don’t actually give a shit, they are entitled cunts and that’s a fact.

We are lucky to have a player like Kane or someone like Son who actually do seem to care about the fans and they also appreciate how fortunate they are to be where they are at.

But honestly, how many players these days are truly like that? Especially at the top clubs? Not many.

Yeah if there was a graph showing profit margins we’d win a trophy every season.

The ultimate fact is we won more as a club in the “doom days” of the 90’s then we have in 20 years under Levy. Wigan have won more than us in that time.

YAY!!! Bring back the 90's!!! :freundgoal::freundgoal::freundgoal:

LEVY. 1 league cup in two decades.

Utter failure.

giphy.gif

“Hey Dad, tell me more about that time when we sold Bale and bought 7 players and still made a 6m proft”

*dad with a tear in his eye* “ah son, no one could forget those glory days”

You need to give your head a wobble.

I guess you weren't around when we got relegated or any of the relegation battles since?

Don't rate the new stadium either I suppose?

We need to be careful not to ship out too many at once, lest we have so little continuity between now and next season that we take until Christmas to get going.

While I understand, for example, the limitations of players like Sissoko, Davies, Lucas, Lamela, I don't think these are the guys who should be first on the chopping block.

By my estimation we need an entire change of spine if we to try and improve at RB, CB (to compensate for Alderweireld leaving), CM, and some kind of wing forward to share the striking burden.

Sissoko should be kept around as a useful squad player. We just shouldn't be relying on him as a first XI member, as he is currently.

15 votes for Eriksen. Incredible I honestly cannot believe that.

See where he ends up and how good he is withquality players around him or in a team where he's playing in his best position and see what he can do.

He's had to drop into deeper roles so frequently this season and hasn't had a strong enough midfield to supply him with balls and possession. Each to their own but 15 people want him out? I find that an incredible number. I'll be gutted if he leaves, even if he's having a spell where he isn't doing what we all know he can do.

Last edited:

See where he ends up and how good he is withquality players around him or in a team where he's not playing in his best position and see what he can do.

He's had to drop into deeper roles so frequently this season and hasn't had a strong enough midfield to supply him with balls and possession. Each to their own but 15 people want him out? I find that an incredible number. I'll be gutted if he leaves, even if he's having a spell where he isn't doing what we all know he can do.
I dare say there's 'wanting' him to leave and 'being resigned to letting him go', with most of those votes probably leaning more towards the latter than the former.

If you offered everyone the option where he signs a new contract and we fix issues in the squad around him, I reckon that'd be popular.

See where he ends up and how good he is withquality players around him or in a team where he's not playing in his best position and see what he can do.

Eriksen has had one eye on his summer transfer for much of this season hence a lot of poor (by his standards) performances.

I dare say there's 'wanting' him to leave and 'being resigned to letting him go', with most of those votes probably leaning more towards the latter than the former.

If you offered everyone the option where he signs a new contract and we fix issues in the squad around him, I reckon that'd be popular.

I'm still very surprised to see 15 people voting for him in a thread titles who do you want to get rid of.

Maybe you're right about them voting due to the expectancy of leaving but even so I think a fair few have been a bit fickle with Christian in recent months. There's a few that have said about him for a while, fair enough and all of that but he's a superb footballer, we need to be adding more quality like him, not wanting rid like I've read a few starting to lean towards

You can't disagree that he has been poor for much of the season though?

A lot of our players have. Lloris, Trippier, Sanchez, Dele, even Harry isn't smashing them in like he usually does. Was Harry's last hat trick at the World Cup? Fatigue might be a reason, being lethargic with the lack of new faces, 60,000 empty seats at Wembley etc.

Let's be honest supporting Spurs hasn't been the same since we had to leave WHL. The energy of the club or the lack of preseason could play a part.

I'm still very surprised to see 15 people voting for him in a thread titles who do you want to get rid of.

Maybe you're right about them voting due to the expectancy of leaving but even so I think a fair few have been a bit fickle with Christian in recent months. There's a few that have said about him for a while, fair enough and all of that but he's a superb footballer, we need to be adding more quality like him, not wanting rid like I've read a few starting to lean towards
I mean, I agree. Personally, my list was:
  • Vorm
  • Trippier
  • Aurier
  • Wanyama
  • Llorente
  • Janssen
Because I only wanted to put down the names who I think categorically should be off (perhaps I am slightly radical with wanting both of the 'main' RBs gone, but I genuinely believe a good new RB and KWP would be enough). Others might be a bit more scattergun and vote for anyone for whom it'd be worth listening to offers to (see: Lamela, Lucas, maybe even Dier).

As for Lloris... well... it's not a great evening to ask about him.

On the Eriksen point, it might also come down to the way the club is run. I agree that an elite team adds quality around him rather than sells him, but given his inconsistency this year and the probability that most of our transfer money in the summer would come from selling him: I can understand those willing to get rid.

You can't disagree that he has been poor for much of the season though?

Who's been good this season?

5 goals and 10 assists (double the next best). ave 50 passes a game. Ave 2 kp per game (only Trippier is close to that with 1.7, next best is Lamela - who rarely plays - with ave 1.1)

You think we can afford to "get rid of" (even an underperforming) Eriksen?

Who's picking up that slack if we do?

Back
Top Bottom