Who do you THINK will be our next manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's the next mug

• Mourinho

Votes: 66 25.1%
  • Ancellotti

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Klopp

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Pep

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Dyche

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sherwood

• Harry

• Howe

Votes: 30 11.4%
  • Potter

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Big Fat Sam

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Jesus

• Wilder

• Allegri

Votes: 26 9.9%
  • Benitez

Votes: 26 9.9%
  • Simeone

• Valverde

• Zidane

• Pulis

• Lopetegui

• ten Haag

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Levy

Votes: 20 7.6%
  • Espirito Santo

Votes: 13 4.9%
  • Rodgers

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Luis Enrique

• Gallardo

• Total voters
Honestly some of our fans seem genuinely really opposed to us being a big club that consistently wins things, they are living in the past, they think we can have all the success on a shoestring budget and with a project manager, never going to happen.

They don't like the idea of what a "big club" is, they want us to remain the plucky underdogs and not become a club "without a soul" well I am afraid the reality check is in, if these supporters want the club to be one of the biggest in the world and win trophies then they have to accept we are no longer plucky underdog Tottenham, we have to THINK like a big club, first and foremost and that means being ruthless in the pursuit of success!

The entire mentality around this club needs to change and that starts with bringing in a manager like Mourinho imo and NOT a manager like Eddie fucking Howe

There's a counterpoint to that, which would be that barring a degree of sovereign petro-wealth that is well and truly beyond us (and may no longer even be viable in a post-FFP world), a club ought to be built on the sort of stable base of talent development and transfer market savvy that even the biggest spending clubs sincerely aspire to. The City's and PSG's of the world certainly look at themselves as "projects" in that way.

One could choose to look at this as a desperate, grasping West Ham-type move, lurching at shiny objects without an organizational plan.

I don't know that I completely agree with that perspective, but I don't completely agree with yours either, I think there's shades of gray here.

Has to be Mourinho or someone of his Ilk, for me proven winner who will save this season (it's not to late) get top 4 and fucking maybe win something rather then just throw away any trophy we could win.

Maybe he will be gone in 4 years if so whatever managers don't often last decades as we have seen with Poch who was supposed to be ourFerguson.

Last thing we need is a unproven project manager. Club need to make a statement to show we are after winning things now

Last edited:
The thing with Mourinho is, he's been sitting in the stands and often watching our games as a pundit. I'm sure he's half an idea of who he rates and doesn't and will be able to get a quick grasp on what he thinks the squad needs after a few training sessions.

The players should respect him automatically by reputation alone and if they get on board, you never know. Needs financial backing for the players he needs, should leave uncommitted players out of squads IMO.

With Jamie as his No 2?

Timmy as DOF

Can't beat a bit of mad dog Joe

gattuso.jpg

Do you really think Potter is a better manager than Pochettino? And do you really think it shows a statement of intent to the likes of Kane, Son and potential future signings?
Surely we deserve a more proven manager than Graham Potter.
Graham fucking Potter . Jesus Christ, that’s ambitious :pochfacepalm:

It'll be Mourinho I reckon. So much adds up to it. It is a bit of a risk for us, but the circumstances are ideal. Levy can try him out for this season and if we get CL qualification then he'll get the roll permenantly. Else, if it goes badly Levy can give him the boot and get someone else in in the summer. I would be ok with that. If he got a three or four year deal off the bat I don't think I'd be too impressed. He may be past it. He is probably what we need right now to get a grip on our players and he is a winner.

The thing with Mourinho is, he's been sitting in the stands and often watching our games as a pundit. I'm sure he's half an idea of who he rates and doesn't and will be able to get a quick grasp on what he thinks the squad needs after a few training sessions.

The players should respect him automatically by reputation alone and if they get on board, you never know. Needs financial backing for the players he needs, should leave uncommitted players out of squads IMO.

He is going to pick on some players and publicly make examples of them.

Back
Top Bottom