White Hart Lane 1899-2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we do go back to WHL next season does the original plan come back into play. crowd moves into the new stadium with only 3 stands built then the last stand comes the following season.
its only twenty or thirty yards but the new stadium is closer to the footprint of WHL than was originally intended and that would not be possible anymore.

Would be great if we could do something like this on the last game. I assume lots of people will be milling around who don't have tickets as well.

Do me a favour, they don't even let you in the ground with ticker-tape... imagine every other fucker with Blue & White pyros?!!
Not gonna happen i'm afraid... having said that, you're right, there will be more than the usual number of fans outside the ground... (and, I assume, waiting by the gates for the 75/80th minute when they open them!!!!)

Going to the Lane for the first and only time this Saturday for the Watford match (I'm from the States). Got a ticket in Block 33 Row 25. In terms of views of the pitch how is it? Excited to be in the South Stand and cheering the lads on for the first time in person!

Going to the Lane for the first and only time this Saturday for the Watford match (I'm from the States). Got a ticket in Block 33 Row 25. In terms of views of the pitch how is it? Excited to be in the South Stand and cheering the lads on for the first time in person!
No pillars in the way or anything like that, you can see the whole pitch, and you're right in amongst where the atmosphere will be best. It can be a bit tricky to see what's going on up the other end, but then again you'll have a great view of everything going on in the south end. Most would agree they're pretty great seats.

C9SOU83WsAATldV.jpg

sounds weird but i'm not sure I remember my first game, my Dad tells me it was Liverpool but I must have only been five... What I remember was a polystyrene seat my Dad made for me to sit on and raise me up, my brother being a little older took a cushion. These little things send me off into a day dream triggering other memories of where these were stored, the room in our old house etc... I then think back to my school days and a friend being signed and how he would offer me mid-week tickets after being given them in training. I would rush home at lunch, call my Dad at work to see if we could go... him pausing and saying "tell your Mother to get everything ready, we'll have to leave as soon as I get back". I remember going to a stack of games in 1991 and qualifying for semi-final tickets then driving up to the Lane, queuing for six hours to get tickets and the joy of securing them. Seeing that Gazza free kick and the reaction of the fans, including my Dad hugging strangers which was the first time I saw real emotion in him. My Dad now takes my Nephew and it makes me happy thinking he'll refer to Granddad when remembering football.

So, the Lane holds some pretty emotional memories for me and many others and i'm proud to have been a part of it in some way.

This my friends is why football is great!

Alright folks,

Not been able to get to the Lane for some time and have been offered someone's season card (obviously for a cost) for Sunday. Just wondering if there is anything in place to stop cards being passed around or sold on? Can anyone point me in the direction of what the season card looks like this season so i know that it is genuine? Wouldn't usually buy tickets in this manner but really want to say goodbye to WHL.

Thanks

Stu

Alright folks,

Not been able to get to the Lane for some time and have been offered someone's season card (obviously for a cost) for Sunday. Just wondering if there is anything in place to stop cards being passed around or sold on? Can anyone point me in the direction of what the season card looks like this season so i know that it is genuine? Wouldn't usually buy tickets in this manner but really want to say goodbye to WHL.

Thanks

Stu
If you'd like to send it to me then I'll happily inspect it for you.

I'll even try it out and let you know if it works if you'd like me to take the risk for you?

Alright folks,

Thanks

Stu

I'd be wary of this - if someone were to claim their ST lost at this stage of the season they just get issued with paper tickets, they could then sell their genuine ST card to someone who would be none the wiser until they turn up to the gate and it's been deactivated.

Back
Top Bottom