Which Tottenham player did you want/hoped would do well.....but didn’t.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stewart definitely switched from CF to CM with a lot of success and was one of our best players in that cup win season.
Durie moved to a wide midfield position and was as average as he was as a forward. He did not bad in that excellent team of 92-93 playing on the left with Anderton on the right. but didn't hold down the position - in fact him dropping out of the side coincided with the best form of that season.
I had a soft spot for Dukebox as he was at Hibs in the mid 80's and was the business - however he became a chelsea cunt. Him and kerry dixon. cunts. Was stunned we paid out 2+mill for him when we'd just lost Gascoigne (and Paul Stewart).
Durie had endless running and stamina in him but sadly not much football.
Even when he came back up here to play for Rangers and Hearts he looked done by then.

Last edited:
Rebrov. Really thought he was gonna take off after the double at Upton Park in the cup.

Dalmat added pace and skill in what was otherwise an old slow midfield but he was a loose cannon.

Huddlestone and Sandro both had great moments with the club but injuries prevented it from being so much more.

Van der Vaart. His bird told him to leave London and live in friggin Germany. She then proceeded to dump him. We could have witnessed more magic from him but oh no, that bit between the thighs won again!

Van der Vaart. His bird told him to leave London and live in friggin Germany. She then proceeded to dump him. We could have witnessed more magic from him but oh no, that bit between the thighs won again!

Pretty sure his side of the story was that AVB said he'd only had a future here as s bench figure, but he thought he had more to give so left seeking a starting role....

Pretty sure his side of the story was that AVB said he'd only had a future here as s bench figure, but he thought he had more to give so left seeking a starting role....
He was a good example, the guy was very talented but I don't think he was willing to put in the work. I think a few managers criticised him for poor work rate/fitness/weight/lifestyle etc.

He was a good example, the guy was very talented but I don't think he was willing to put in the work. I think a few managers criticised him for poor work rate/fitness/weight/lifestyle etc.

Can't say I felt short-changed by his time here... Was gutted he left.

Whether a favourite player or one of those randoms that just rocks up from time that you take to. My pick..........Tom Huddlestone really though we’d discovered something with him and Harry built him up to be a world beater then it went pear shaped, turned out to be a big lazy lump and his career stalled with us.......shame. He’s never reached his potential and not going to now.

I thought by way of thread title that you were relating specifically to the whole of last season only; but even If you were I couldn’t answer it based on an individual because I’d expect them all to pull their weight and given their chance most usually do.

I would add, however, that when an individual shows exceptional form in a crucial moment of crisis -due respect should be afforded that individual and he should [not] be made to sit on the bench merely to allow room for the injured [darling] of the day!

I’ve given the manager enough praise so it’s time he got some stick rather than a player here or there!

I thought by way of thread title that you were relating specifically to the whole of last season only; but even If you were I couldn’t answer it based on an individual because I’d expect them all to pull their weight and given their chance most usually do.

I would add, however, that when an individual shows exceptional form in a crucial moment of crisis -due respect should be afforded that individual and he should [not] be made to sit on the bench merely to allow room for the injured [darling] of the day!

I’ve given the manager enough praise so it’s time he got some stick rather than a player here or there!
You really have way too much time on your hands:nawty:

Not sure I would include Aurier yet, he has played some great games for us, it’s consistency with him and he still could develop it.

In terms of the question:

Rebrov: thought we nailed it with him, sad times.

Janssen/Soldado: the two Kane back ups, one with great hold up play, the other a nice passer, neither good enough.

Tarabat: skill level at the very highest, thought we got a bargain, not sure what went wrong.

Bentaleb: very skilful, quick, aggressive, dynamic at the start, still feel if his mentality was different he would be a key player right now at the club.

I agree, good player but he was one of those guys you felt he could take it up a notch or two but didn’t quite happen,
Yes, I was disappointed he left also.

"Which Tottenham player did you want/hoped would do well.....but didn’t."

He didn't do "well"?

...Acimovic missed a ridiculous sitter v fulham and we never saw him again.

Yeah, that cost me a fortune. I remember seeing our opening fixtures and thinking we should win all of them - so had a tidy bet on us being top after 6 games @ 12/1.

We were either top or 2nd after 5 games, and that prat cost us victory that would have got us top after 6. Useless fucking imbecile.

Quite a bunch to pick from, but its splitting hairs between Paulinho and Chiceres. One couldn't give a toss, while the other left his defensive bone in Romania.

Back
Top Bottom