Which players should be dropped to reserve team effective immediately until they find a new club?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aurier (not good enough)
Aldeweireld (declined, no longer commited)
Vertonghen (declined, no longer commited)
Rose (declined, no longer committed)
Davies (quite simply, not good enough)
Dier (not good enough)
Wanyama (wage thief)
Eriksen (declined, no longer commited)
Dele (wage thief)
Sissoko (quite simply, not good enough)
Lamela (not good enough)

There's no point dropping players to the reserves for their lack of quality, because we certainly don't have any better options. It'd only be if there's an attitude problem and they're stinking up the wider squad.

Toby
Eriksen

That's it. I think Jan is commited to the club, we have absolutely no one to replace Aurier with, Rose doesn't give a shit, but unlike the 2 mentioned before he still gives 100%, Wanyama won't even play anyway so no point including him.
For me, the only ones that should have a spot guaranteed at the moment are Son, Lucas and Harry W. All the others should fight for it, even Harry K.

Aurier (not good enough)
Dier (not good enough)
Wanyama (wage thief)
Dele (wage thief)
Lamela (not good enough)
Cannot agree with Rose & Lamela on that list. Also Davies always puts in a shift. I also find it difficult to put Vertonghen on on a list with a wage thief like Wanyama.

Lamela - donkey
Danny Rose -donkey
Eriksen - probably our best player but pointless him being here he's away in his head
Aurier - pointless player couldn't give a fuck
Vertonghen - was a bad egg when we were getting hammered under AVB and Sherwood turned it right around but has gone toxic again.

Aurier (not good enough)
Dier (not good enough)
Wanyama (wage thief)
Dele (wage thief)
Lamela (not good enough)

Verts still plays like he cares.
Sissoko offers physicality.
Lamela is hardy our worst player.
Davies is fine for backup.

The rest are certainly an issue.

Aurier - already said he doesnt care and wanted to leave
Toby - blatantly waiting for next fat contract elsewhere
Eriksen - see above

Thankfully with everyone fit we have ready made replacements :

KWP - not as athletic as Aurier but will at least try
Foyth - was bought as the long term Toby replacement so lets start him, hes good enough to get in the Argentia squad already
Lo Celso - if fit is Eriksens obvious replacement hence the faffing around with a loan first

Jan I honestly think isnt causing trouble and should stay, if he wants to. His situation is more age and contract related rather than size of contract, im guessing.

Rose is an iffy one after his media outbursts that I havent forgotten but he does always put a shift in... however, the club clearly wanted him gone in the window but didnt get any takers.

Would be good to draw a line under recent events now and move on with some changes to the team and especially the formation. If Sessegnon could get game time and Lo Celso too before May ( being mean ) that would help !

But above all else it needs to go back to 4-3-3 I think.

No players should be banished if they train and perform correctly, like all of us, they are being paid to do a job, but I do not think it is wise to start these players over others so I would go.

Davies, Sanchez, Foyth, Walker Peters, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Moura, Kane & Son.

Everyone else having to fight extra hard for their opportunity to play.

I don’t understand the hate for Davies, just because he does not fling himself about like Rose does not mean he is a worse player.

This is controversial, but we should start using the leverage we have;

- International football: Eriksen, Jan and Toby would no doubt miss the summer int's if they didn't get a single minute first team football from now and onwards.

- Peer pressure: This stupid saying "lost the dressing room" surely works both ways, so if some players are in fact not lost, they should be pooled with the ones still salvagable. In the first team.

- Divide and Conquer: Refer to bullet above, do all it takes to win over the rest of the team. E.g. captaincy to Kane, starting XI for Moura, bigger contract for Son, whatever.

- Accept fiscal losses: Wages for the rebels, for Wanyama, etc are lost. Accept it as a sunken cost.

- Accept transition: Result will suffer. Seasons of no European football are a real risk. Accept it as development.

Eriksen is the only one who should be told to clean out his locker and leave the dressing room. Any player that refuses to sign an extension and is openly talking about leaving, would have to be playing exceptional football to remain in the squad. That’s what Modric did.

Eriksen though is serving up putrid shit and doing literally nothing, we may as well put a training cone in the starting XI. He wants to leave and he is playing like he’s already left, so he may as well empty his locker and sit in the stands until the window opens again.

The rest of the players just need to pull their fingers out and run around. We still have a strong squad even though some have aged horribly in the last year.

Back
Top Bottom